Player Discussion

Can someone who has excel 07 please upload an image of the bowlers thanks?

Like, "Sort" the columns so that it goes from the lowest rating to the highest.

i dont think it can but i'll post the top ten bowlers for you as soon as i can.

hedger_14 added 8 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

ok top 13 bowlers

1. Peter Siddle (581)
2. Mitchell Johnson (624)
3. Burt Cockley (627)
4. Stuart Clark (634)
5. Brett Dorey (645)
6. Shaun Tait (648)
7. Clint McKay (656)
8. Doug Bollinger (655)
9. Luke Butterworth (666)
10. Nathan Bracken (668)
11. Ben Hilfenhaus (677)
12. Shane Watson (680)
13. Andrew McDonald (688)

hedger_14 added 8 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

ok top 13 bowlers

1. Peter Siddle (581)
2. Mitchell Johnson (624)
3. Burt Cockley (627)
4. Stuart Clark (634)
5. Brett Dorey (645)
6. Shaun Tait (648)
7. Clint McKay (656)
8. Doug Bollinger (655)
9. Luke Butterworth (666)
10. Nathan Bracken (668)
11. Ben Hilfenhaus (677)
12. Shane Watson (680)
13. Andrew McDonald (688)

Haven't much from these two players. Are they any chance of Australian selection later in life or are these two just your average state bowlers?

Bit early to tell with Cockley, he's only played a few matches. But McKay is a very promising youngster, could see him in Aussie colours soon if all goes well for him.

Thanks for the heads up, might give them a crack in the ODIs coming up, in my story, and see how they go. Will give training to them if they are alright...

...Seeing as the regen bowlers I'll be getting are useless. ;)

Haven't much from these two players. Are they any chance of Australian selection later in life or are these two just your average state bowlers?

Burt Cockley will have a chance (could be the next NSW bowler to make the Australian team). He's a nice promising young bowler while I dont think Clint McKay would. Also Bollinger should be ahead of McKay. I put that down wrong.

I wouldn't select him as the next NSW bowler to play for Australia, he didn't play every game last year and he is still learning. If I was a selector Cameron would be next NSW bowler in line for ODI's for mine.

McKay is a heaps good victorian bowler. Could make the ODI team soon. Check Cricket Australia to see his figures for Australia A against Pakistan A.

Yes you can - On the excel spreadsheet you highlight all the data,
Then you go "Data" at the top of the screen and then "Sort"
Then a window comes up and you can select how you want to sort it

the bowlers you posted before were all right with no mistakes but will you look down at number 21, look at all the no names (to me as a New Zealander) ahead of him.
  • I have never heard of the guys in bold
  • The names in italics ring bell but i don't think any of them are really in contention for Aussie selection at the moment

1. Peter Siddle (581)
  2. Mitchell Johnson
  3. Burt Cockley
  4. Stuart Clark
  5. Brett Dorey
  6. Shaun Tait
  7. Doug Bollinger
  8. Clint McKay
  9. Luke Butterworth
  10. Nathan Bracken
  11. Ben Hilfenhaus
  12. Shane Watson
  13. Andrew McDonald
  14. Mark Cameron
  15. Ashley Noffke
  16. Darren Pattinson
  17. Steven Magoffin
  18. Dirk Nannes (Netherlands now i think)
  19. David Bandy
  20. Brett Lee (741)
Main lesson here DON'T USE BRETT LEE in ICC09!!!

also note that Australia have struggled with spinners since Warne left.
Cameron white down at 35
brad Hodge at 37 as a btasmen
Mike hussey, Michael clarke, phil jacques (better bowler than any Australias spinners), north and marsh are all better Nathan Hauritz

so don't pick Nathan Hauritz as well

they've got to get the rankings right. anyway, i think Hauritz is OK in the game. He took about 30 wickets in the Ashes at about 17.

Hauritz got 30 wickets in the Ashes?! That is bloody awesome! No way he is that good.

Brett Lee is going well for me in Tests, don't know if thats because hes in form, or because he is actually good.

Steve Magoffin and David Bandy are bowlers for Western Australia, with Bandy being an all-rounder.

We believe that these values are not definitive for how good a bowler is. Many spinners have higher ratings but are just as good as some of the top pacers, despite them having much lower ratings. There are probably other values that we have not found that define things such as economy, accuracy, etc. and these will change how good a bowler feels in game.

For example, Michael Munday is very good at taking wickets and lots of them but does so at a horrendous economy rate. Also I've found that Cameron White is a rather decent spinner despite his rating.

Also, that list has players who play for other countries; it only has the people that play for an Australia province, which is why Dirk Nannes and Darren Pattinson are there despite playing for Netherlands and England respectively.

Good observation.

Yeah, I don't entirely trust the ratings, White is a fantastic bowler in-game, yet ranked so lowly. Lee isn't rated that well but is also very good. I don't know what to go off.

yeah, the values must be different for spinners than it is for seam bowlers cause a lot of spinners that are good are not rated at all in the game.

Josh Mangan came good for me as a leggie. Although I selected him with only 8 FC caps, he's bowled mostly well without luck in his first few matches. Even took a five for in his second test match.

Users who are viewing this thread