Player Discussion

William Jefferson and Samit Patel have been great players for me, both average over 55 in FC and 40 in OD, this season Patel has 1055 runs from 5 first class games, with a triple century and 3 double centuries :D He's averaging 150.71 from 7 innings and no not outs.

make him bat more aggressive and hope for him to get into his innings.

Play him in the poor games to get his form up and eventually ease him back in with the hard games. Also give him a batting practice and possibly physio and make sure that he only plays the easy games to start with. He is a quality player so he will be able to bounce back.

I recomend people get kyle Coetzer.

He is a great batting allrounder.
His bowling is pretty poor but he bowls well in the final overs of OD games.
I use batting tech. on him and he just gets incredibly good.
Averaging 50+ in all forms including 97 in 20/20 after 3 seasons.

I've got a number of players who have really great averages but don't get selected for England :D Aren't I lucky :D

For example, B Moon, After 88 FC games averaging 65.7, and 102 OD games averaging 51.74 he has yet to make his international debut.

Also, Ed Joyce, 193 FC matches averaging 55.97 has only one test cap back in 2007, and I'm playing in 2014.

And finally Samit Patel, who averages 53.38 in 111FC games, and 42.62 in 159OD games, as well as being an alright bowler taking 92 FC wickets at 48.85, 152 OD wickets at 29.45 and 79T20 wickets at 21.37 has never played an international games.

I've also got Will Jefferson averaging 53.87 and 50.16 from 176FC and 181OD matches respectively yet only having played 4 tests, and Bilal Shafayat averaging 48.34 from 161FC matches and no tests.

My bowlers however always seem to get picked despite being only average, bowling averages of 27~

-e- since posting, Shafayat has scored 254*, 318 and 268, pushing his average to 52.2

Attachments

• B Moon2.jpg
    B Moon2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Samit Patel.jpg
    Samit Patel.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Ed Joyce.jpg
    Ed Joyce.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Liam Birchnall

i started a career with durham my local after a couple of successful seasons got offered the england job took it on and there was a player called liam birchnall who ave 94 in tests he was unreal any ideas if he exists or is he a regen

would show screenshot but just joined here and have deleted the game

got hoggard end of second season heis great

ten doeshcate is really expensive more so then an an overseas also owais shah he is very good as to is michael clarke as an overseas aved around 75 for me but didnt sign him back afer a few years went for y singh but not yuraj he got fifty nearly every game but not many centuries

i started a career with durham my local after a couple of successful seasons got offered the england job took it on and there was a player called liam birchnall who ave 94 in tests he was unreal any ideas if he exists or is he a regen

would show screenshot but just joined here and have deleted the game

got hoggard end of second season heis great

ten doeshcate is really expensive more so then an an overseas also owais shah he is very good as to is michael clarke as an overseas aved around 75 for me but didnt sign him back afer a few years went for y singh but not yuraj he got fifty nearly every game but not many centuries

Why did you delete the game?

Just a question for people, when do you select your players?

I find when they are young and have only played a few games, If I put them in the test team they tend to do poorly and quickly slide back into FC type averages. Whereas some players, who have been around the FC circuit for 3 - 5 years seem to do well for me.

What works for you?

I have selected a number of regens who haven't played a FC game based on their second team averages, and they tend to do very well. One of them score 154 or so in their first innings :)

I have selected a number of regens who haven't played a FC game based on their second team averages, and they tend to do very well. One of them score 154 or so in their first innings :)

I have a really good side and there was this guy who was injured so i picked a guy who had a good second team average and then stayed in my squad ever since(average 67).

Users who are viewing this thread