Player Discussion

When you get further into the game, you get many regens with ridiculous second team averages, so I try to sign them as soon as possible so they can contribute a lot to the team. :)

Just a question for people, when do you select your players?

I find when they are young and have only played a few games, If I put them in the test team they tend to do poorly and quickly slide back into FC type averages. Whereas some players, who have been around the FC circuit for 3 - 5 years seem to do well for me.

What works for you?

I select my players depending on when I think they are ready. I usually put them in the second team for a few matches at the beginning of the season and then bring them straight into the first team and if I'm the coach of the International side then I will either call him up in the winter season if he's been good or pick him up next season. Whilst that is all happening I give them a batting/bowling technique and usually a physio to make sure they can get their form to as good as it can be, so they are more than ready for the season.

There is a thin line between bringing them in too early or bringing them in too late, resulting in a shorter career; maybe more successful? 3-5 years is quite long for a regen to get a feel of the FC circuit and I would usually bring them in for experience for the first seaon. If they are performing well then just throw them in the deep end against a poorer country. If they come in and do poor. Take them out of the squad and give them the physio and let them get their form back up and then give him another chance.

Yeah mate he's on ICC08 :)

hey guys there is a guy called C Lakshitha he averages around 19 bowling havn't got screenie :( He is an overseas he plays for sri lanka. He is in season 2010 just to let you know

In ICC 08 Owais Shah is an absolute legend for England. Totally solid and versatile middle order batsman. He can play as the wall or go for the runs. Whichever you want.

In ICC 08 Owais Shah is an absolute legend for England. Totally solid and versatile middle order batsman. He can play as the wall or go for the runs. Whichever you want.

He's amazing in this game. Against England, i had them down to 190/6, and Shah just hammered me completely.

Andrew Flintoff's immense on ICC 08, he's my highest averaging batsman and a beast with the ball. Quality player, has replaced Collingwood in my team, who frankly has been awful, averaged 5 in the test series against New Zealand, so replaced him with Freddie and he was a marvel. KP as ODi captain ftw also.

Also, Graeme Swann is immense in One Day games, took 6-6 from 4 overs in a Twenty20 against New Zealand :D. Swanny's a legend.

Last edited:
Mitch Johnson is a class batter in this :)
Made 105 against Deshi's, hs an average of 50, pity he's shite bowling for me lol

My god Colly is so good at bowling in this game, he's taking 4 wickets an innings on average! And not going for many runs, him and Sidebottom in tandum basically cuts the runs and adds the wickets! And with Panesar in action after Sidey, its pure class! :p

Adam Shantry for Glamorgan is to good!

Hes averaging 21 in FC and 22 for England after the first season!

Users who are viewing this thread