Player Discussion

Just blew away the test scene with Anil Kumble and Piyush Chawla in the first season. This is what he did for me in the first season.

That's interesting. He was easily my worst bowler, averaging over 40 in both formats.

I just dropped all seniors to see how I would do and I'm doing pretty well. This is my XI.

Gautam Gambhir
Ajinkya Rahane
Subramaniam Badrinath
Manoj Tiwary
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Uday Kaul
Praveen Kumar
Irfan Pathan
Ishan Malhotra
Monish Parmar

For all those people playing with Bangladesh Enamul Haque is a master with the ball and Nafees is great with the bat. They are both very young aswell.

Nafees did averagely with me, but Kadir was a great opener/keeper.

Ehsanul Haque did better with the bat than with the ball for me.

And Iqbal is pure class.

ones that have performed really well for me are Adam Shantry - Glamorgan, Richard Grant - Glamorgan, James Tomlinson - Hampshire, Murtaza Hussain - Surrey, Dawid Malan - Middlesex, Ryan ten Doeschate - Essex, Steven Davies - Worcestershire, David Masters - Essex :cool:

Masters has been awful for me, but then again, he has only bowled in 5 innings. 2 wickets...

That's interesting. He was easily my worst bowler, averaging over 40 in both formats.

I just dropped all seniors to see how I would do and I'm doing pretty well. This is my XI.

Gautam Gambhir
Ajinkya Rahane
Subramaniam Badrinath

Manoj Tiwary
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Uday Kaul
Praveen Kumar
Irfan Pathan
Ishan Malhotra
Monish Parmar

I dropped most the seniors too, and the I use all the bolded players above along with Sehwag, Shikhar Dhawan, Yashpal Singh, Murali Vijay, Pragyan Ojha, RP Singh, Siddarth Trivedi and Rakesh Dhruv. Works pretty well, won the World Cup in 2011 after losing my first 2 games. Sehwag, Badri, Tiwary and Gambhir as my top 4 is always ace in both forms. Trivedi is my top ODI bowler by a mile, with Praveen Kumar/Chawla doing the job for Tests.

India do have a lot of good players to choose from though in ICC.

How good is Uday Kaul? Dhoni is very up-and-down for me, and same for Karthik and Parthiv.

In my first season, Adil Rashid scored the most runs and got the most wickets for me.

Adil Rashid is a very very good player. He frequently averages way above 40 with the bat in First Class cricket but I've seen him struggle batting in Test Cricket. He only averages around 33ish. His bowling is brilliant in both First Class and Test cricket averaging around 26ish in both.

Fast Bowler

Heres one of my fast bowlers he was about 20 when i first got him i think he is rather useful.

Tell me what you think

Attachments

• Cricket 2008-07-08 17-45-20-21.jpg
    Cricket 2008-07-08 17-45-20-21.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 189
I dropped most the seniors too, and the I use all the bolded players above along with Sehwag, Shikhar Dhawan, Yashpal Singh, Murali Vijay, Pragyan Ojha, RP Singh, Siddarth Trivedi and Rakesh Dhruv. Works pretty well, won the World Cup in 2011 after losing my first 2 games. Sehwag, Badri, Tiwary and Gambhir as my top 4 is always ace in both forms. Trivedi is my top ODI bowler by a mile, with Praveen Kumar/Chawla doing the job for Tests.

India do have a lot of good players to choose from though in ICC.

How good is Uday Kaul? Dhoni is very up-and-down for me, and same for Karthik and Parthiv.

Kaul isn't very impressive in ODI cricket but he's far better than Dhoni in Test Cricket. I really think you should try Ajinkya Rahane out. He really is a run machine. Also, I don't know if it's me, but on each ICC I have played with Gautam Gambhir, he's a very bad converter. He'll get really close to a 100 but rarely ever gets there.

Robert Key is such a gun. Sehwag is not bad either.

Attachments

• key.JPG
    key.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 20
  • sehwag.JPG
    sehwag.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Good form that!

What about my new keeper, averaging just 17 from 8 tests, I swing him one last chance and he casually hits 207 from number 7.

Kaul isn't very impressive in ODI cricket but he's far better than Dhoni in Test Cricket. I really think you should try Ajinkya Rahane out. He really is a run machine. Also, I don't know if it's me, but on each ICC I have played with Gautam Gambhir, he's a very bad converter. He'll get really close to a 100 but rarely ever gets there.

Well, then, I should try out Kaul sometime. The only wicketkeeper who has ever given me success overally is Matt Prior with England.

I did bold Rahane from your lineup, meaning I use him. :p But, he's been absolutely awful for me as an opener...however, when I put him in the middle order turned out with some handy scorers.

Gambhir has always been top for me in ICC. Not so much in the latest version, but when he gets form, he's one of those hard to stop players. And, he rarely doesn't get starts.

I play:
Badrinath
Sehwag
Tiwary(ODIs)/Yashpal Singh(Tests)
Gambhir
Rahane(ODIs)/Tiwary(Tests)
Dhawan/Uthappa/Rahane(Tests)/Sodhi/Vijay(ODIs)
Dhoni(mostly)
Dhruv(ODIs)/One of the three below for Tests
Parmar/Chawla/Ojha
Trivedi (ODIs...just started in Tests. Gun player though)
P Kumar(bats higher...though he's crap with the bat)/RP Singh

I switch around Badri, Sehwag and Gambhir a lot, but Badri's almost always opening, unless injured.

Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina were awfully inconsistent for me. And, Irfan Pathan's economy rate has always been wayyy off the chart in ICC always.

I suggest Rakesh Dhruv, bowling all rounder, bowled crazily well at the start of his career, now, he's steady and keeps a good economical rate and almost always has opened his wickets account. An in form Ojha/Chawla combo in ICC though is better than him, as Chawla is wayyy handy with the bat. I play Sodhi in ODIs for an extra bowling option, if in trouble, but Sehwag usually does fine as a fifth option, and Tiwary can always be used for an over or two. Probably going to give Pujara a try soon. Just shows how many great players India have on this game.

Joginder Sharma and Sachin Rana are gun all rounders in previous games, but so far, they've been so bad when I've picked them, and with my team playing well, I see no need to change. An all rounder is useful in Tests though, when you get bowlers injured. Rohit Sharma is mediocre too, and dunno why he's listen as an all rounder.

Haven't played any T20s yet though, which is disappointing to a degree.

Started a game as Australia, and Shaun Marsh is awesome for me. 4 consecutive hundreds in his first 2 Tests, got 78 or something in his 5th innings...though those 2 Tests were against WIndies and B'gldesh. Century in his debut ODI against WIndies too. Awesome stuff. Got a screenie somewhere...will upload if I'm not feeling too lazy. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread