Player of the Decade

If you're going by that:

Rahul Dravid:
Batting out of 10 - 10
Bowling out of 10 - 0
Fielding out of 5 - 5
Captaincy out of 5 - 3

And there is no way Kallis matches Ponting when batting is concerned, he has never got 200, as many runs or centuries in both forms :facepalm

So in that case Tendulkar would be better then both of them! right?

@cricketman your posts doubling everytime...........

If you're going by that:

Rahul Dravid:
Batting out of 10 - 10
Bowling out of 10 - 0
Fielding out of 5 - 5
Captaincy out of 5 - 3

Nah I would have Dravid's batting at 8 or 9, not 10 like Ponting which is just silly.

Especially that Ponting, Kallis >>> Dravid in ODIs.

TumTum added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

So in that case Tendulkar would be better then both of them! right?

No :doh We are talking about 2000s decade.

Last edited:
You do realize Tendulkar still averages 53 this decade, with 21 tons? That is nothing to ':doh' at.

Cricketman added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Dravid is even better, averaging 54 with 22 centuries (A stunning 149 catches, too).

Last edited:
Grouping Span Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St
Test matches ---2000-2009 89 7129 248* 53.20 21 21 3/10 58.48 0 54 0
One-Day Internationals--- 2000-2009 211 8823 175 46.68 21 21 5/50 40.65 1 59 0

All-round records | Combined Test, ODI and T20I records | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Cricket Records | Records | 2000s | Test matches | Most runs | Cricinfo.com

Cricket Records | Records | 2000s | One-Day Internationals | Most runs | Cricinfo.com

I repeat :doh

Ok why don't you look at ALL the stats before making another change in opinion?

Seriously if you guyz can't do proper research, don't even bother posting :facepalm

Practice what you preach.

That is all :).

We all know Ponting is the most prolific scorer of the decade. There is nothing new there. But there is much more to the game of cricket than numbers, runs, and statistics.

Dravid was crucial to team India as the majority of his runs were scored away from home, where India and Indian batting has struggled. He's been pivotal in our new found success outside India this decade.

Dravid never till recently had the comfort of a settled opening pair. India juggled the men at the top - from SS Das, Sadagopan Ramesh, Jaffer, Karthik, etc... He was usually walking out with a wicket fallen quickly and under pressure. Ponting had the leisure of Hayden and Langer.

There are a lot of variables to the game of cricket...

We all know Ponting is the most prolific scorer of the decade. There is nothing new there. But there is much more to the game of cricket than numbers, runs, and statistics.

Dravid was crucial to team India as the majority of his runs were scored away from home, where India and Indian batting has struggled. He's been pivotal in our new found success outside India this decade.

Dravid never till recently had the comfort of a settled opening pair. India juggled the men at the top - from SS Das, Sadagopan Ramesh, Jaffer, Karthik, etc... He was usually walking out with a wicket fallen quickly and under pressure. Ponting had the leisure of Hayden and Langer.

There are a lot of variables to the game of cricket...

So what are we debating:

Great players of the modern game?

Or the Player of the Decade?

:megafacepalm

Getting the most runs does NOT mean you are the best player. THAT is what i'm saying.

So what does?

Silly users like yourself that are biased beyond imaginable making idiotic posts without any research, also judging others with jealousy rather than the truth.

You're lucky that I deleted your quote from my signature :laugh

Ponting has the most runs in both forms of the game this decade, and has won more games as captain and player, no other player comes close.

Users who are viewing this thread