MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
After some long experiments with Cricsim, I have determined the formula for the allocation of averages.

They are based on pre-allocated averages for each particular type, as well as a skill point system for adjusting these - with effects varying depending on the type of player.

Each player has 5 skill points to modify from the base, the star player will have 10 points, and the captain may distribute a further 5 points among the team.

Values are assigned the same way to both 4 Day and 35 over matches, but the starting points are different.

Extra skill points will be awarded to each winning team, 2 skill points for a 35 over victory, and 4 for a 4 day victory. In addition, there will be a way to earn skill points during bye weeks, as well as lose skill points based on performance and posting.

---------

After drafting is completed, a list of each player, their designated type and skill points

Types are the following:
cric.png

So for example you'd write:

MattW (Pure Bowler) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: f (+5)

To make a Right Handed batsman, Right Arm Fast bowler with 5 skill points added to my bowling. In addition it would be helpful to write the username first with preferred name in brackets - as mentioned elsewhere it's much easier to use usernames (except when it's easy to make the connection or it is in your AKA). Also add 'Batsman', 'Bat All', 'Keeper', 'Pure All', 'Bowl All' or 'Pure Bowl' to designate original type.

A team list in this format will be needed shortly after the draft. Changes to defaults can only be made in the mid season break.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Do you want us to write anywhere what the player type originally is?
i.e. batsman, bowler, keeper, batting AR, bowling AR, genuine AR

For example:

MattW (batsman) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: f (+5)

Or are you already going to have that listed?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It should be pretty obvious from how you've allocated your points. See the first post of our thread for an example.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok. Still it might not be though, because for a genuine AR it's more than likely going to be a 2/3 or a 3/2 split, which would be possibly the same as a bowling AR and a batting AR respectively.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I did consider 4-1 and 1-4 but I've gone with 3-2 2-3 for now. Bowling is generally more important in cricsim so I might make my bowling A/Rs 1-4.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
So for example you'd write:

MattW - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: f (+5)

To make a Right Handed batsman, Right Arm Fast bowler with 5 skill points added to my bowling. In addition it would be helpful to write the username first with preferred name in brackets - as mentioned elsewhere it's much easier to use usernames (except when it's easy to make the connection or it is in your AKA).

Surely you also need to know player type which that format doesn't include? Cross-referencing them all would be a total hassle.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
They are based on pre-allocated averages for each particular type
Have you listed the batting, genuine (if you like) and bowling allrounders as separate types or do they fall in a common AR category?

Users who are viewing this thread