Playing BLIC 2005 is dangerous for your PC?

Star force

Star force is okay because it prevents piracy ...i am totally against piracy ..people who do piracy should bge shot or hung because they take a good program and make it into a substandard product

ANd even if starforce damages ure drive (of which there is no evedence) just get a new one i mean cd drives are so cheap these days

starforce is a good thing and piracy sucks , its not good for companies because they have to spend money to stop it meaning at the end of the day its us consumers footing the bill.

if piracy can be controlled then games would be cheaper and more people could afford them

Well if you've read my posts you'll know I dont think it causes a problem and agree with simran3 that it is needed to control piracy so have no problem with it at all. But I dont think if piracy didnt exist games would be cheaper, there is no evidence to support that.

Well companies make games = production cost

do a hpothisis on how many they would have to sell to make decent amount of money - pirated copies of the game which would be available

basically its simple economics if u know you were going to lose money because of certain share of your product being available cheaper ...what i mean is that if u buy a game which is pirated are u going to buy the orginal copy

so if they were no pirated copies there would be more money coming to the company directly as sales would be higher

therefore whatever % the company had set aside as a buffer on loss of income through piracy they could give the consumer the benefit throught the retail price

therefore everyone wins except the people pirating the games and making game development and game sales more expensive

i definately agree with both of you!Even if Starforce is harmful which it isnt drives are indeed cheap!So as far as i think that problem thing is just a propaganda of the pirates.This thing has really reduced piracy

Gaurav, you are just going to hae to make your mind up as to who you believe. Either the scare-mongering pirates or rational individuals :p

Kev said:
Gaurav, you are just going to hae to make your mind up as to who you believe. Either the scare-mongering pirates or rational individuals :p
No one of them I'll believe u.If u say that its not causing any problem then I'll believe u. :)

Users who are viewing this thread