Please take more money from us! Some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@BigAntStudios @fiction @HBK619, you guys are outstanding. I have not played with v2.5 yet but from what I hear, you guys seems to have committed yourself to making this the best sporting sim ever, not just the best cricket game! Also, looking at the list of updates that the PC version just got, I can`t help but feel that you guys should be making more money, just for your post-sales support alone. If the new updates on PC live up to their intentions, this is going to be a game that could last a couple of years easily.

Ross and team, I really want to pay you some more money. Just bring out any random DLC (a couple of stadia, licensed Afghan team!, alternative TV overlays or presentation related mods) and I will buy it, just as gratitude towards you guys. It does`nt have to be a World Cup DLC or anything of that sort, even a small one and I`m willing to pay you guys 20$ for it. I`m pretty sure many over here would be willing as well.

Just a random suggestion for a DLC that could make cosmetic changes to the game without having to actually make huge changes,

1.) Provide some alternate TV presentation styles within the current framework, Maybe color the scoreboards according to the batting side like Sky Sports does. Could also include 2 or 3 TV styles that the user could chose from. Just additional color combinations and stuff without much tinkering to the actual structure.

2.) A couple of stadia in the subcontinent. A generic Dubai/Mumbai/Jamaica stadium?

3.) More generic sponsor logos.

4.) More team logos (unlicensed)

A DLC like this would just be added graphical tweaks but with console gamers sans the modding ability of PC gamers, I would take it, especially if it means BigAnt can earn additional revenue.

Kudos to you guys once again. I was debating buying a nex-gen console but you guys have solved the dilemma for me. I will only buy a nex-gen console only if DBC is announced for it. Its that good a game.

zaff4444

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol nobody but a handful agreed,come on guy's,you's have the greatest cricket game ever and getting greater by update's/patches,this game now is worth 5time's more then when 1st was available especially for pc.

D

Deleted member 9102

While I think Big Ant are great and have produced an excellent game, I'm not sure that I'd be in favour of paid DLC for stuff like this...It would almost be as silly as Oblivion's horse armour.

Microtransactions in games are something I absolutely despise, although I don't mind them so much if they are purely cosmetic... When they start to affect gameplay (like FIFA's Ultimate Team, Candy Crush etc.) I hate them.

I generally only get DLC when it's bundled with the game in a 'GOTY Edition' or if it is a genuine expansion with loads of content. I'm not sure how you can do the latter in a sports game unless you acquire a big license and implement the competition with great attention to detail.

zaff4444

Club Captain
While I think Big Ant are great and have produced an excellent game, I'm not sure that I'd be in favour of paid DLC for stuff like this...It would almost be as silly as Oblivion's horse armour.

Microtransactions in games are something I absolutely despise, although I don't mind them so much if they are purely cosmetic... When they start to affect gameplay (like FIFA's Ultimate Team, Candy Crush etc.) I hate them.

I generally only get DLC when it's bundled with the game in a 'GOTY Edition' or if it is a genuine expansion with loads of content. I'm not sure how you can do the latter in a sports game unless you acquire a big license and implement the competition with great attention to detail.
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! lol,only joking mate.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Some people are never satisfied.... Best cricket game ever and people moan about wanting more stadiums... there's more than enough already! If there was 50 stadiums people would still moan! Be grateful for what the game is. Just shows how good this game is when all people are banging on about is meaningless stuff like more stadiums/HUD/sponsors. We as cricket game players have NEVER had it so good and you still aren't satisfied.. Remember this is a 1st iteration, bloody outstanding at that!

Really Grinds my gears.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Some people are never satisfied.... Best cricket game ever and people moan about wanting more stadiums... there's more than enough already! If there was 50 stadiums people would still moan! Be grateful for what the game is. Just shows how good this game is when all people are banging on about is meaningless stuff like more stadiums/HUD/sponsors. We as cricket game players have NEVER had it so good and you still aren't satisfied.. Remember this is a 1st iteration, bloody outstanding at that!

Really Grinds my gears.
To be fair, the guy is only suggesting these as a way of generating more revenue... Not moaning that they aren't there.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
To be fair, the guy is only suggesting these as a way of generating more revenue... Not moaning that they aren't there.

Yeah i know but mico transactions/dlc isn't the answer when its getting pirated to the moon and back...

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah i know but mico transactions/dlc isn't the answer when its getting pirated to the moon and back...

I think everyone has option for not to go for "mico transactions/dlc" if they dont want to. There is nothing wrong if someone wants 50 Stadiums (Specially if he is willing to pay for it to support the company for future series).

Last edited:

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
I think everyone has option for not to go for "mico transactions/dlc" if they dont want to. There is nothing wrong if someone wants 50 Stadiums (Specially if he is willing to pay for it to support the company for future series).

Don't get me wrong we all want to support the company but it's not down to individuals we can only do so much to help moneywise. it's collectively & i'm talking about thousands not a few hundred people. I bought the game twice just like alot of us here to support the company. But i doubt it's enough.

Well, the added DRM in the next versions should hopefully stop that.

I hope you're right because if not the dbc franchise is in big trouble.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

The PC version contributes a very small percentage of revenues for Cricket games normally. Biggest effect of PC piracy is possibly discouraging someone from buying a console version when they can play the PC one for free. But I don't think it's a major factor in the success of the franchise.

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Really Grinds my gears.

Hello! Did you read my post. I was just suggesting a way BigAnt could earn more revenue without having to spend too much on creating a DLC. Surely, there are a lot of us who want to show our gratitude and would`nt mind spending another 20$ or so on the game. Its that good now, as you said.

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer

Well, there is some good news on this front atleast for the moment - Freaking pirates are stalled with the online drm requirement; And they seem pissed as the BigAnts team had once mentioned they will not be adding drm to this game :lol:clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread