Please tell me Kirby is not part of the PC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I've just read that article from Kirby on the home page. OMG what a plonker, please tell me he's not part of the PC team, if so then my high regard for this great site has taken a serious nose dive.:facepalm

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's a grammar mistake in it. :O

Hitterman

International Coach
There's a grammar mistake in it. :O
LOL, until you aren't an english teacher :p

Hitterman added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I have read his blog at stick cricket and it's a decent blog.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Feel free to write an article saying why he is wrong and it can be posted up.

Hitterman

International Coach
political-pictures-ozone-layer-lol.jpg

Make it featured then ;)

superfreddie

Club Captain

OK, I'll keep this as breif as I can.

I think its pretty counter productive to write such a damning article on a "Cricketing website" lambasting this format of the game, which so many people have embraced and see as exciting. I think this tournement has been Brilliant.

It's also obvious he's taken a thinly veiled swipe at the English cricket team, slagging off the manner in which they have got to the final. The first group stage was pretty much a non event, due to rain (which by the way is an act of god and not the organisers or anyone elses fault), and It's really only there to give the lesser cricketing nations a chance to shine before the serious business of the Super 8's. This is where England beat Pakistan, SA, NZ and then Sri Lanka in the semis, most of which were comfortable wins. So I'd say the manner in which England reached the final was by beating some very good sides with very exciting Cricket.

Finally I think I'm right in saying this guy KIRBY has written two articles for PC, and they have both been on the subject of T20, which he hates so much. I appreciate it's his opinion but if he hates it so much, why is he watching it in the first place and then also writing articles on it. Surely that makes him the "sad individual", not the people who have enjoyed the tournement. Comment on another form of Cricket if thats what you like, then the majority of us can enjoy T20 without reading your tripe.

Rant over, feel better now:D

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
OK, I'll keep this as breif as I can.
Probably not exactly what I was meaning, but I'll explain that bit later.

The idea of that section of the site is to provide opinion pieces, and people are going to have their point of view, T20 is especially decisive, and considering the impacts it has on cricket's future as a whole, I don't think there's merit in arguing it shouldn't be 'lambasting' a format of the game, we all love cricket, which is why some people hate T20.

I'm very happy to see articles about the issues in cricket, I'm not following the tournament in the slightest, but I think at the very least the article brings up and interesting point (I don't see the point of group stages that are essentially a tri-series).

I certainly don't subscribe to the 'if you don't like it, don't watch it' theory, and don't accept there needs to be an approach of having fans writing about their own preferences in cricket all the time. That's like saying grey is your favourite colour, it may be true, but it isn't interesting.

There's a facility for anyone to write for the site and have their articles posted and if you can write a well structured argument, it doesn't matter that much what your point is, if you can argue a case for it well, then so be it.

If anyone is interested in writing there are two things, if you are writing a direct response to an article, in an article form (so would need to be fairly long, or at least substantial in point), not addressing the member specifically as you are there, PMing an Admin with it may get it posted. If you'd like to contribute more regularly, you can apply to get a previewed posting account, and if you contribute well it would then be upgraded to let you post directly.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Yeah sorry, wasn't meant as an article, just needed to vent my anger:laugh. Feel so much better now, would love to write articles but haven't really got time, maybe that means I'm not as sad as Kirby thinks.

Thanks for the reply though;)

P

pcfan123

Can't let you have all the fun, Im guessing its Kirby? Ive never seen him post before then

kirby

School Cricketer
I've just read that article from Kirby on the home page. OMG what a plonker, please tell me he's not part of the PC team, if so then my high regard for this great site has taken a serious nose dive.:facepalm

:banana2 My instructions in joining the PC View were to write opinionated articles, which is what I've done. Opinions are polarising, that's the point.

It's also obvious he's taken a thinly veiled swipe at the English cricket team, slagging off the manner in which they have got to the final.

No I haven't. I've taken an obtuse, scathing swipe at the organisation of the tournament. My opinions would be the same if any team was in England's situation.

Finally I think I'm right in saying this guy KIRBY has written two articles for PC, and they have both been on the subject of T20, which he hates so much. I appreciate it's his opinion but if he hates it so much, why is he watching it

I don't watch it, but I'm a cricket fan and tend to hear these things through the grape vine.

and then also writing articles on it.

Because there's nothing else going on in the cricketing world at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread