Positives of Cricket 2004

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bugs apart there are a lot of positives in the gameplay in Cricket 2004, will give a heads up and list those. People can add their thoughts as well :

1. Batting preference attributes :

This is simply brilliant. Playing as Zimbabwe against India I am having my best game so far. Chosen to bowl the first wicket, Tendulkar ran himself out and I thought here we go again. Thanks to Zimrahil, I had a deep mid off and mid on touch wood no more run outs as yet.

One instance I would mention here is any ball wherever bowled to Tendulkar and Dravid were played very nicely thereby assuring they are among the best. Gangooly is just too strong anywhere outside off and aim short ones at the body was like fish out of water. Gangooly couldnt play a single hook shot or pull shot to perfection and struggled throughout. At the same time three crispy shots were hit behind square on the off side by Gangooly. Just to test I bowled short stuff at Laxman and he was at his best hooking and pulling to perfection. Even the yorker aimed at toes was simply glanced away for 4 with disdain. This is one of the positives I have unearthed. Since then I have had a look at batsman attributes and am bowling at their weakness, it feels like it is paying off.

Credit where its due and HB team has done quite well on this aspect.

This is what makes it all so frustrating Ravi. The improvements since c2k2 sound great, but the ridiculous bugs and negatives surely outweigh them?

I hope all these bugs get sorted out.(especially that default player one )

Originally posted by jonah
This is what makes it all so frustrating Ravi. The improvements since c2k2 sound great, but the ridiculous bugs and negatives surely outweigh them?

Yes Jonah, you are absolutely right. Inspite of all these improvements CPU wont last 50 overs, playing against India as Zimbabwe I have them down in the dumps on 135/6 after 30 overs on a hard pitch. As I said before we hopefully be able to make the CPU more competent. Imagine this; by the time you guys over there in UK get the game it will be playing damn well, all the wait will be worth it. I envy you guys.

Lol. I hope you're right there mate. I have complete faith in you guys.
I guess my frustrations are borne out of the fact that we wait in anticipation for a new cricket game as they're so few and far between, then get served up some bug-ridden offering again.

the game does have a lot of positives , but the stupid bugs that could probably be fixed with a few lines of code (like the straight drive runouts) show that the game wasn't playtested at all and EA scrambled to get this sucker out before xmas. I have already switched to PES over FIFA and rugby2004 was never even a possible buy. If they can't get their s**t together and patch this up, EAsports will never see a cent from me aain. Maybe its time to take up baseball .

I only got this game as an investment in hope.

If we don't buy it, then there will be no C2K6, and that is that.
Ain't no one else making this kind of Cricket game.

Here's hoping C2K6 "WILL" be the one. Just hope C2K4 will be on my HD for a few months at least. :(

Another positive was the duel you guys might enjoy playing high class spinners. I was playing against Harbhajan and this guy bowls with so much variety in Cricket 2004 its too hard to pick him at any point of time whether confidence meter is up or not. Also the change in pace makes it much harder to time the shots, all you can do is look for gaps and try scoring at around 3/4 runs an over. I was looking all funny playing for turn when there is none, playing straight for ones that turns and hits the pad. I did my best to try and pick the spin from the bowling meter but in vain. Mind you all spinners dont bowl with such guile. It was one duel I enjoyed playing but again this is a bit marred by the fact that s**t CPU bowls at least couple of yorkers in an over. You would start thinking where is there a need to even pitch in yorkers when the bowler is such a beauty.

yea its true whenever 8 bat with india the only ppl who score for me are tendulkar and dravid nce tendulkar is out my team crashes like a house of cards

Users who are viewing this thread