Potential future stars from the U-19 World Cup

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Its simply a hotch potch. They have simply picked up the captains of the team. If you see, the Top 5 batsmen & Dockrel all have led their respective sides. The others that have been put in are simply the performers of a couple of matches that made the headlines.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Chappelli gets paid to make OTT pronouncements about players - he's not paid to put any thought into it before speaking. I don't (can you tell?) have a lot of respect for his opinion. If he was encouraged to put some thought into it, it MIGHT be a different story. There's every chance that he still has a canny cricket brain. So it's the not engaging it - the not needing to engage it - that's the problem.

Ye sure he makes OTT pronouncements of players every now and again, but at the same time he makes a lot of valid points on commentary and in his writing too.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Ye sure he makes OTT pronouncements of players every now and again, but at the same time he makes a lot of valid points on commentary and in his writing too.

His commentary is ok sometimes but most of his writing is ----. I still remember when he called JP Duminy the next Ponting, after he'd had only a couple good innings. Talk about hyperbole. :facepalm

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hmm yes it would have been after that Duminy 100 at the MCG in 2008/09. I still call that one of the most overrated, overblown innings ever. JP was batting with the tail the whole time, meaning Australia were not attacking him and he was happily milking runs and letting Steyn do the hard yards. Oh and Australia only had 3 bowlers fit - Lee broke his foot...So many commentators/experts crowned him as 'the next big thing' after that innings and it was complete bollocks.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Couldn't agree more sifter. I'll give credit to Duminy for actually getting a hundred against Australia but it wasn't as spectacular as many make it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread