Precuts Thread

vicky if you are smudging the hair, then follow these steps..
i) Zoom into his hair 400-500 %.
ii) Use a soft 1 px or 2 px brush with strength 60-70 % to smudge bits of his hair gently, make sure that you don't smudge it too much or it might look too extreme.
iii) In certain small areas of the hair, you might need to reduce the strength.
iv) Make sure that your hair doesn't look too blurry, or highly smudged. (like you always do)
v) This step is optional. I don't know whether you would like this, but I do this to some of my renders, After I finish my render, I duplicate it, Delete everything in the bottom layer except the hair, and I give it a Gaussian blur of 1-2 px, and reduce that layers opacity to 50%. Somehow to me, it looks a bit better...

fear_09 added 13 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

A new steyn render...

vicky if you are smudging the hair, then follow these steps..
i) Zoom into his hair 400-500 %.
ii) Use a soft 1 px or 2 px brush with strength 60-70 % to smudge bits of his hair gently, make sure that you don't smudge it too much or it might look too extreme.
iii) In certain small areas of the hair, you might need to reduce the strength.
iv) Make sure that your hair doesn't look too blurry, or highly smudged. (like you always do)
v) This step is optional. I don't know whether you would like this, but I do this to some of my renders, After I finish my render, I duplicate it, Delete everything in the bottom layer except the hair, and I give it a Gaussian blur of 1-2 px, and reduce that layers opacity to 50%. Somehow to me, it looks a bit better...

fear_09 added 13 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

A new steyn render...

WOW mate, thanks for those steps even though they where meant for vicky lol. You have given heaps of advice with cutting and without doubt made mine heaps better.

Thanks Mate!!;)

After following all of Fears Tips with cutting, i have come up with what i think is my best cut ever.

1zny6af.png

c+c please:D

After following all of Fears Tips with cutting, i have come up with what i think is my best cut ever.

1zny6af.png

c+c please:D

great mate, the hair seems great, good job on that, but there are a few black lines on his hands, if you fix that, it'll be perfect!!

Last edited by a moderator:
a warne render, i played with his hair a bit, i guess its not as good...

[try putting this render in black bg, the hair looks good then.)

katmancut.png

Edit: Oh man when I posted this I saw just how crap this cut is!!!!!! Hopefully it wont be noticeable in a wall cus this is shit lol!

katmancut.png

Edit: Oh man when I posted this I saw just how crap this cut is!!!!!! Hopefully it wont be noticeable in a wall cus this is shit lol!

Mate it isnt terrible, but it definetly needs work. The bat isn't cut out very well and neither is the helmet. Also use the paths option, it is a much easier way to cut out everything quickly. Rather than pasting your render in a new document, and cutting out one little bit ect. but it does need work.

I dont paste it in a new document and do bit by bit... I've been cutting for ages and I always use the paths tool lol.

^ A bit small but looks alright :)

EDIT: Sorry I didn't think it was a thumbnail :p In fact it is a super cut, Only thing that needs improving is the blade of the bat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread