Premeditate FOOTWORK... Does it help or hinder?

Footwork?

• Total voters
I'll be the first to admit that I premeditate footwork. I always go on the front foot because I can still play the pull/cut shot so I don't really see the need to risk it and go back to a ball that may be a full toss. I wish my reactions were better!

Uninstalled and Installed the DBC 14 and started a new career as an bowling allrounder batting at No.5 in LEGEND mode....Half of the first season is over with me Averaging 33(batting) Highest score(87) 14(bowling) in first class,15(batting) 19(bowling) in ODI,43(batting),12(bowling) in T20's..Got run out in 20th over of a T20 game on 97 when pushing for a quick single to get to striker's end to retain strike..Felt gutted and disappointed..In bowling you have to work hard to get your wickets in first class matches..I see so many users complaining that the bowling is very easy in DBC,i request them to play in the LEGEND mode..And regarding the people who complaint about that they are not getting any edges,well i am getting wickets in all ways..Edged and caught,caught and bowled,bowled,LBW,Slog and out,bounced and out etc etc..DBC 14 is the best cricket game i have/had ever played....If anybody have any queries about batting and bowling(only fast) i am ready to answer..Comments are most welcome

Do you have the ball marker on? The coloured circle? I play with it off and have more time to play on merit; I can play most shots by concentrating on the ball leaving the bowlers hand and judging the line and length from there. The circle just gives one more thing to think about in the split second you need to make a judgement and therefore is a hinderance rather than a help imo.

Perhaps a gameplay speed slider could help those getting to terms with the game....

Getting rid of the circle was the first step to glory as far as batting is concerned. I do still premeditate though. Back foot to fast bowlers and front foot for spinners. IT's easier to push forward quickly if the ball is really full from the bowler and defend.

I used to premeditate every ball when I started playing, but got very bored, very quickly, with the lack of realism..

So, I dropped the difficulty to Amateur, and ground away until I got myself into the habit of waiting, and choosing my footwork based on the delivery..

Yes, it took a while, and yes playing on Amateur is not fun (racking up 600-odd with one batsman notwithstanding..) but now, even on Vet (which I play my careers on), I actually wait that split second longer, and choose my footwork for each delivery. Sometimes yeah, I'll see a huge gap behind square-leg, and start getting itchy thumbs wanting to flick any/every ball that way, and sometimes I do end up playing the complete wrong shot (going back to a fast yorker, and trying to clip it to leg is a controller-killer), but for the most part I ENJOY the added challenge, and when you actually see a bouncer, rock back, and pull that sucker to the square leg boundary.... Better than sex.

Almost.

Hey guys, appreciate those who took part in poll and offered input :thumbs thank you...
Now if it was upto you guys, how would the batting approach be handled in the next game? All suggestions welcomed, abstract, plain and simple, complex...whatever goes!

Personally my first preference is i want buttons , and no markers. Reason being- to simplify the decision making, selecting footwork and shot at the same time with the same button, and using LAS as shot direction. Or keep it as is, and just have auto footwork for all difficulty levels upto legend, purely for aesthetics because sometimes if you play a shot ridiculously out of context it can look like absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah so whats your ideal way? Would you keep as is, or something a bit different?

Cheers.

@LittleBigPlanet I am playing as a fast bowling allrounder batting at No.5 in LEGEND mode....My first season is over with me Averaging 39(batting) Highest score(184) 13(bowling) in first class,25(batting) 15(bowling) in ODI,35(batting),10(bowling) in T20's..My advice is premeditate everything on the frontfoot...Initially if you are confident in cover drives go for it as the cover will be open when u comes to the crease..Otherwise Play everything on the leg-side till u get confidence..You should be careful of getting bowled around yours legs while playing leg side..Take leg and middle stump guard..Hold L2+R2 buttons for shots initially...Believe me I usually don't practice in nets,i don't defend balls..remember you can dismissed even while blocking..My strike rate is over 100 in all formats..If one advice which i can give you is, don't touch the L2 button even if there is big empty space in the ground, till you get confidence..For me i can easily score runs against fast,fast medium bowlers,medium fast bowlers..You have to be very quick against fast bowlers in the frontfoot,otherwise a banana yorker will send your stumps flying or getting u out LBW...Against spinners i prefer to be in frontfoot and play balls in the leg side till i get the confidence..I sweep the outside off balls if there is no square leg..I most of the time getting dismissed by spinners via getting out LBW or bowled around the stumps or C&B..
My biggest nemesis as a batsmen in this game is spin bowlers especially saeed ajmal,botha to name a few...I am trying to play them as late as possible and somewhat getting success in it...I will use my backfoot once my confidence bar reaches full,after that i play in the third man,backward square point if those places are vacant..I Am playing with INVERTED controls with far batsman camera...
So my final advice for any beginner in this game till he master is ''premeditate everything on the frontfoot on the legside till you get confidence"..Replies are welcome

[/USER]
So my final advice for any beginner in this game till he master is ''premeditate everything on the frontfoot on the legside till you get confidence"..Replies are welcome

That's fine, if all you want is some decent stats.. But do you actually enjoy playing leg glance after leg glance after leg glance, every single match?

That honestly sounds boring as all hell to me..

A lot of people are recommending turning the visuals off so I'm going to try that. I've found that it's better to be defensive early on in the innings in the longer forms but I play a bit more of a traditional style in seeing off the new ball and putting away the rubbish short ball wide of off stump, plus I just love getting 3 defensive shots in an over x 100

A lot of people are recommending turning the visuals off so I'm going to try that. I've found that it's better to be defensive early on in the innings in the longer forms but I play a bit more of a traditional style in seeing off the new ball and putting away the rubbish short ball wide of off stump, plus I just love getting 3 defensive shots in an over x 100
Turning of visuals and watch the ball is the way to go; tricky yes but so is an em seven flat fifth chord the first twenty times.

Users who are viewing this thread