Schedule of Live Telecast (Tier I) Matches
Scoop Show - January 12 - 20:00
Sher-e-Jalandhar vs Hyderabad Sultans - Jan. 13 - 19:30
Maratha Warriors vs Chennai Veerans - Jan. 14 - 19:30
Chennai Veerans vs Bangalore High-Fliers - Jan. 15 - 19:30
Bangalore High-Fliers vs Sher-e-Jalandhar - Jan. 16 - 19:30

I'll update every week if I feel like it :P

more information: premierhockeyleague.com

Well I am not much of a hockey fan but I really wanna get into this PHL thingie for the sake of Indian hockey. I really hope it succeeds and people catch on to it because we need to restore the hockey legacy that India once had. This will only happen when money comes into the sport--the same as with cricket.

So I'm going to start this thread (already have, actually). With Pakistani greats like Sohail Abbas, Wasim and Saqlain, I am sure this will be a great competition to watch internationally. Here's hoping to a successful start to a brand new idea.

I SUPPORT THE MARATHA WARRIORS, because I'm a mumbaikar, yaar.

Last edited:
i support Maratha warriors bcoz i live in mumbai but also iam inclined to support chennai veerans bcoz i hail from Chennai

Looks like it is just the two of us, here. Ha, ha. Well there are just two days to go and it'll start. I'm actually a little excited. I feel hockey is a much more interesting game than soccer because it is fast-paced and the game can change in a few seconds. A team leading 4-2 can end up losing 4-5 in the last 2 minutes. That's why it is also a game which requires a lot of concentration.

Well I think it's Bangalore playing on Day one. The first match is 8ish on ESPN. I'll check the times and post it here.

All matches on Star Sports, unless otherwise stated. I don't feel like going and editing that post, sorry. Sue me for double posting!

Looks like it is just the two of us, here. Ha, ha. Well there are just two days to go and it'll start. I'm actually a little excited. I feel hockey is a much more interesting game than soccer because it is fast-paced and the game can change in a few seconds. A team leading 4-2 can end up losing 4-5 in the last 2 minutes. That's why it is also a game which requires a lot of concentration. Well I think it's Bangalore playing on Day one. The first match is 8ish on ESPN. I'll check the times and post it here

iam pretty excited too , iam a hockey fan anyway
its a gr8 gam full of action al most times , what u said was absolutly true sohum , hockey is much faster and exciting than soccer (many wud disagree)
I do not believe hockey does not have much gr8er recognition on the world stage and remains soccer`s poor cousin .
I remember that i started a thread on Champions trophy hockey 2004 and it was just myself posting in that thread !!!!!
The PHL has very similar concept to the NBA with all the colourful jerseys , logos , 4 quarters of 17.5 minutes etc
Hockey does need to get its popularity back

I think the PHL is a great idea to get that popularity back. Nothing beats the NBA... except after watching olympics basketball you do realize how technically bad the nba ball is... There are rash shots and stuff. Anyway. Yeah, just a day or so to go now. Let's see what this is all about. :P

hope it bites the dust big time.i am a complete cricket fanatic.can call me a pshycopath.

sarwan said:
hope it bites the dust big time.i am a complete cricket fanatic.can call me a pshycopath.

Haha, no need to, really. When a mentally derailed person goes around calling himself mentally derailed, you're bound to spend some time thinking about what he's trying to say. And then you say, "Oh screw it...whatever he's saying is bound to be illogical anyway"

The PHL has very similar concept to the NBA with all the colourful jerseys , logos , 4 quarters of 17.5 minutes etc
Hockey does need to get its popularity back
True it does,.looking at india now ,no one would even think that the nation has 8 olympic golds.It's the same like what happened to west indies in cricket isn;tit

what happened to ckt in wi was its proximity to us and $$$$$$$$$$.they share the same time zone.cricket wasnt televised in caribbean.but ppl were getting baseball and basketball through satellite programming.by the i can assure u this phl"gimmick"by espnstar is bound to fail.misraji,aapka reasoning to kaafi acha hai.maintain kee jiyega.maratha warriors.hahahahaha

Arey aapko to Hindi mein bat karne ka bahut shock hai. Except I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Maybe cuz my Hindi's not good but probably not. I don't really wish to begin a useless argument at this point because I have much better things to do. If you do not share an interest in the PHL that is not my problem...nay I do not care about it. This thread was for people who shared some interest in it.

And what does sharing the time zone have to do with cricket. Oh wait, I don't want to get into this conversation. The PHL may fail or succeed (probably fail looking at the IHF's tendency to **** up) but at least it was an effort to rehabilitate Indian hockey. It's our national sport, for god's sake, and more than half the country don't even care about it. It's heartening to see that an American company like ESPN (albeit an Asian or South-Asian franchise) is taking an interest in this with probably lesser financial interest than patriotism. They are taking on an initiative--it may last one year but at least they tried. And if it works...well then--setting ho gai, kya?

hell misraji,this a f@#$ing messageboard.everyone has a say.if u r interested in discussions with"your " socalled phl loving grp ,take that crap to some other place.mmmm invite your friends to your place.make some dinner.arrange a striptease party.may u can strip yourself for your gay friends.and discuss it.this is a messageboard for godsake.behave.dont try to act cute.

sarwan said:
hell misraji,this a f@#$ing messageboard.everyone has a say.if u r interested in discussions with"your " socalled phl loving grp ,take that crap to some other place.mmmm invite your friends to your place.make some dinner.arrange a striptease party.may u can strip yourself for your gay friends.and discuss it.this is a messageboard for godsake.behave.dont try to act cute.

Temper, temper, eh? I am going to keep off the personal insults method of trying to instigate a quarrel--it's just quite immature. I told you I do not want to start a quarrel. I am not going to continue the quarrel that you are trying to start (or may have started). The problem with these messageboard/forum/discussion arguments is that you will always end up contradicting yourself. You can go ahead and prove that if you wish, although its so clear it doesn't really need any proving.

I don't know why it goes up your nose so quickly if people have the tendency to have proper discussions about some other sport than cricket. Especially on a board that says "Sports Forum". I don't feel I need to reply to any other parts of your post as most of it was useless, unrelated stuff anyway. Have a good life.

First match begins today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread