Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I wouldn't sign for Spurs if my life depended on it :laughter:
I know what you mean but surely they must turn their own tide? I have to admit they should never have sacked Poch but rather just stick with him and build a team. Not sure the instant success thing really works? As it tends to destabilise a club.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know what you mean but surely they must turn their own tide? I have to admit they should never have sacked Poch but rather just stick with him and build a team. Not sure the instant success thing really works? As it tends to destabilise a club.

Christ not this again…

Poch was utterly burnt out at the end when he was sacked. The league form during that year was terrible and it was the UCL final run that gave him a deserved reprieve. He took the team to the next level but was also partly responsible for the malaise and stagnation that would follow after that due to his lack of proper talent development after the Mason/Kane/Bentaleb generation. His transfer record was also shite once Paul Mitchell left, the club went for lo Celso over Bruno because Poch preferred the former, likewise with Ndombele. Everyone’s thankful for what he did but it was the right time for a change.

Hiring Mourinho who was the diametric opposite of Poch was a strange decision but he was still Mourinho, he was unlucky to have been the manager during two tumultuous periods for the club with the pandemic that limited spending and the ESL fiasco. Yet again, Conte was praised as a great hire by everyone initially and the club backed him far more than any manager I can remember in this century. Too bad that he bought his destructive nature a season early albeit it’s tough to completely blame him given the personal tragedies in his life last season. I also think he’s a limited manager which will be exposed in the coming decade given how he hasn’t veered away from what he originally found success with and the nature of how every time his tenure ends on similar terms everywhere unlike other great managers of today. His total lack of success in European football is proof of that.

The only misstep they made was hiring Nuno which happened because they caved to fan pressure over Gattuso. That was a completely indefensible move which was rectified quickly enough. The current ideology with Ange and signing a few young players that fit into a coherent plan whilst having resale value is what the club should have done in hindsight but you can’t blame them for trying to find a shortcut to becoming a perennial contender given that lack of ambition has been one of the criticisms levied at the ownership throughout the years.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Christ not this again…
Really? You are very self rightous.

No one should even bother write a reply as you are absolutley correct in everyway and your opinion is the only one that counts.

My bad for even thinking of having a conversation but as you say, christ not this again!!!! Not sure if your ego is inflated or you feel you have inside knowledge and the only person in the whole of humanity allowed to have an opinion.

Guess what, you're wrong but I feel you will spill the toys out of the pram and once again I will be subjected to abuse so why should I bother, threads deleted and posts deleted becuase I dare to step into a closed circuit forum and try and have an opinion different to others. Let me know when free speach is back and this forum is less partizan.

Bevab

Staff Member
Really? You are very self rightous.

No one should even bother write a reply as you are absolutley correct in everyway and your opinion is the only one that counts.

My bad for even thinking of having a conversation but as you say, christ not this again!!!! Not sure if your ego is inflated or you feel you have inside knowledge and the only person in the whole of humanity allowed to have an opinion.

Guess what, you're wrong but I feel you will spill the toys out of the pram and once again I will be subjected to abuse so why should I bother, threads deleted and posts deleted becuase I dare to step into a closed circuit forum and try and have an opinion different to others. Let me know when free speach is back and this forum is less partizan.

Self-projecting much? Or have you confused me for someone else? I barely remember interacting with you let alone being the cause of you receiving abuse.

Pray do tell me how I’m wrong on the club I’ve followed for over a decade though, I’m interested in that. I’m not throwing any toys out of the pram, I don’t remember throwing them at any point in the past either (again have you confused me for someone else?). The “not this again” part was because it seems to be a common internet consensus that Spurs harshly sacked Poch when it wasn’t the case and there were legitimate reasons for doing so. Very much similar to when Leicester sacked Ranieri despite him achieving the biggest sporting miracle of a lifetime with them when they also had fair reasons to do what they did at that point in time. Enough of that though, do enlighten me on how I’m wrong.

Bevab

Staff Member
God damn, that one half of football was more entertaining than nearly every game last season.

Ange could do some real good work if he manages to get one pacy winger to really stretch the width, not sure why that hasn’t been the priority after Kane’s departure.

Bevab

Staff Member
No surprises that there hasn’t been any form of reply for nearly a month since that outlandish post from a certain someone. :p

Conte’s an absolute football terrorist for having this team playing such negative football last season. The defensive part of the side still looks suspect but it’s not much different from the last two seasons and the attacking part of it is so much better despite losing the best player ever the club’s arguably had. Still can’t believe Maddison was signed without much competition, he looks utterly class even if there’s a case for it being partly due to the team making him the central focus. Bissouma‘s been a completely different player too, this is the midfielder that I remember watching at Brighton years ago.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Self-projecting much? Or have you confused me for someone else? I barely remember interacting with you let alone being the cause of you receiving abuse.

Pray do tell me how I’m wrong on the club I’ve followed for over a decade though, I’m interested in that. I’m not throwing any toys out of the pram, I don’t remember throwing them at any point in the past either (again have you confused me for someone else?). The “not this again” part was because it seems to be a common internet consensus that Spurs harshly sacked Poch when it wasn’t the case and there were legitimate reasons for doing so. Very much similar to when Leicester sacked Ranieri despite him achieving the biggest sporting miracle of a lifetime with them when they also had fair reasons to do what they did at that point in time. Enough of that though, do enlighten me on how I’m wrong.
No, I will save my self from a lot of abuse from the 'establishment' I'm sure there are a lot of people willing to jump in and have a right go!

The fact you stated Pochettino is burnt out is absolute crap, no manager would announce themselves as burnt out. The Premiership is rife with lose sackings and many unfiar sackings and is more reliant on hiring a 'body' and filling the squad with mercinary players in hope of winning which ever division in the Premier league they are given or handed. I have seen such changes in the league that it is becomeing a little worrying and concerning but as the saying goes, The Premier league is for subscriptions the football league for supporters.

Or here we go again, becuase your opinion is the only one that matters?
Post automatically merged:

No surprises that there hasn’t been any form of reply for nearly a month since that outlandish post from a certain someone. :p
You really are a partonising tosser.

Self serving male ego on over drive. I have to block a serious idiot like you.

Bevab

Staff Member
No, I will save my self from a lot of abuse from the 'establishment' I'm sure there are a lot of people willing to jump in and have a right go!

The fact you stated Pochettino is burnt out is absolute crap, no manager would announce themselves as burnt out. The Premiership is rife with lose sackings and many unfiar sackings and is more reliant on hiring a 'body' and filling the squad with mercinary players in hope of winning which ever division in the Premier league they are given or handed. I have seen such changes in the league that it is becomeing a little worrying and concerning but as the saying goes, The Premier league is for subscriptions the football league for supporters.

Or here we go again, becuase your opinion is the only one that matters?
Post automatically merged:

You really are a partonising tosser.

Self serving male ego on over drive. I have to block a serious idiot like you.

Yeah I’m sure you need the bloke to announce publicly that he was burnt out to certify the same and not all the signs of actual results on the pitch, the way they played and all of the articles around that time.

Oh look, Poch since he’s joined Chelsea has also been a real swell appointment hasn’t he? It’s not like there have been managers at the likes of Man City, Liverpool and even your club who have been immune to the effects of being another ‘body’ nor is it obvious from the impacts of Howe, Emery and Ange at their new clubs as to how much a manager can provide a fresh impetus even with largely the same players.

If the Prem is only for subscriptions why do you support Arsenal in the first place even now when you have a lot of other options to support unlike me? Kinda ironic for an overseas bloke to be on the other end of this don’t you think?

Establishment? Do you also believe in fairies and deep state and whatnot? Imagine being this insecure on a small online forum. Feel free to block me in case you already haven’t if it helps with maintaining your own precious imaginary bubble where you’re subjected to persecution here.

Bevab

Staff Member
Anyways since this thread has propped up in my notifications now, thought we looked good value against Arsenal. Van de Ven is an absolute Rolls Royce of a defender and Udogie looked extremely impressive after a nervy start given he was up against the second best right winger in the league especially when he was on a yellow. Bissouma and Maddison were both exceptional as always and Porro was energetic too. Even the bloke who had the worst game in the team on paper in Romero didn’t play badly at all, had a few crucial tackles and made one lovely pass that nearly set up Maddison for a potential winner. If Nketiah was rightfully sent off for his moronic challenge the game could have ended very differently.

Not sure how effective we’ll be next season with European football to balance but those are worries for the next season. At the moment it seems like we should be in contention for that fifth spot along with Brighton and Newcastle which should most likely get us a return to the Champions League. Still gotta be wary of a potential United or Chelsea turnaround but I wouldn’t mind finishing in an Europa League spot too and developing the squad more since it’s unlikely anyone important from our current squad is going to be bought by a big club at the end of this season.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Anyways since this thread has propped up in my notifications now, thought we looked good value against Arsenal. Van de Ven is an absolute Rolls Royce of a defender and Udogie looked extremely impressive after a nervy start given he was up against the second best right winger in the league especially when he was on a yellow. Bissouma and Maddison were both exceptional as always and Porro was energetic too. Even the bloke who had the worst game in the team on paper in Romero didn’t play badly at all, had a few crucial tackles and made one lovely pass that nearly set up Maddison for a potential winner. If Nketiah was rightfully sent off for his moronic challenge the game could have ended very differently.

Not sure how effective we’ll be next season with European football to balance but those are worries for the next season. At the moment it seems like we should be in contention for that fifth spot along with Brighton and Newcastle which should most likely get us a return to the Champions League. Still gotta be wary of a potential United or Chelsea turnaround but I wouldn’t mind finishing in an Europa League spot too and developing the squad more since it’s unlikely anyone important from our current squad is going to be bought by a big club at the end of this season.

Chelsea and Manchester Reds will be playing Thursday's next season. No danger.

Bevab

Staff Member
Chelsea and Manchester Reds will be playing Thursday's next season. No danger.

The way Chelsea have been playing, I’m not even sure if they’ll get into a Conference League spot at the moment. Not sure if it is because the players haven’t bought into Poch’s methods yet or if it’s because Poch himself hasn’t yet fully got up to speed on the current Prem meta.

What I’m most scared of is a squad that starts believing in him and then plays well because when he does get to that stage his team performs above par usually and Chelsea do have the right ingredients for it.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
They don't have enough goals in the team atm. Can't see that changing with Jackson up top
Leicester have scored more goals in EPL this year than Chelsea & they are in the championship! LMAO xD

Bevab

Staff Member
They don't have enough goals in the team atm. Can't see that changing with Jackson up top

It's weird because whenever I see him play he has been good at everything else other than... finishing. Seems very reminiscent of a poor man's Drogba at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread