Presentation Ideas

Gurjot95

National Board President
It's important for a cricket match to have a nice presentation. It adds extra gimmick and attracts more users. The presentation in AC09 was boring and dull. Here I have created this thread to give developers idea how it can be improved.

jhEYZ.jpg

AQLAF.png

S4gJt.jpg

It looks neat and detailed. It's generic as well so no license issue. If the developers like it, they can even use it in-game and I want nothing in return. I just want to help little to make this game even better. I hope these or something similar are used in game.

You can post your own too. I'll add more soon just waiting for feedback.

Great ideas. It would be great if the scorecard could be tabbed, so that you can just flick through different fields to bring up bowling info, weather conditions, req run rates etcetera....

All great concepts, I'll also suggest a "Weapon Wheel" style concecpt (Ala; Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations) for bowling, whereby you click a button and it brings up a menu of deliveries/styles etc then instantly hides away.

Keep the "play screen" uncluttered.

I think its better to use the concept of Sky Sports,so that it would be realistic and useful in case of modding as well.
*I don't mean to copy them,just have a look at the placements of their textures.

I think its better to use the concept of Sky Sports,so that it would be realistic and useful in case of modding as well.
*I don't mean to copy them,just have a look at the placements of their textures.
I have made it such a way you can change the background as you want. You can mod it into any other overlay. I want it generic as well so no need to take ideas from other for license issue just to be safe.
ll great concepts, I'll also suggest a "Weapon Wheel" style concecpt (Ala; Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations) for bowling, whereby you click a button and it brings up a menu of deliveries/styles etc then instantly hides away.

Keep the "play screen" uncluttered.
Sure, will give this a try! but I think it will be difficult to program later. I want to keep it as simple as possible and which really feels like a 'Cricket Match'.

Last edited:
I have made it such a way you can change the background as you want. You can mod it into any other overlay. I want it generic as well so no need to take ideas from other for license issue just to be safe.

I am not talking about the Backgrounds....I am just talking about the placements which most Broadcasters are using nowadays.A example is double scorebar.

One of the main presentation elements I think needs to happen is to take the next step with hud off - make the match situation only apparent to the player if they pay attention to it, the excitement of the crowd or a brief glimpse of the physical score board at the ground.

Work that in to the player's confidence - every time they look at the scoreboard they would react to it, based on how the player's normal way of playing is - in a tough match position, someone who is aggressive might get more confidence; in an easy situation, someone might get over confidence and hit out. Someone who just ignored the surroundings would focus better in some situations - or just not have extremely attacking shots available in others as they bat slowly and carefully.

Commentary in a mode like this would be off, just replicating the ground announcements over the loud speakers - appropriately muffled. If you're doing a test match there'd be nearly none - in a Twenty20, they'd be trying to hype up the crowd, playing music, playing that damn annoying hooter thing, etc.

Sure I'd like to see a broadcast mode with realistic overlays - but I think the main presentation changes would need to be in the hud off mode, take away the distractions and flash, but add in the things that players on the field use to judge their position.

One of the main presentation elements I think needs to happen is to take the next step with hud off - make the match situation only apparent to the player if they pay attention to it, the excitement of the crowd or a brief glimpse of the physical score board at the ground.

Work that in to the player's confidence - every time they look at the scoreboard they would react to it, based on how the player's normal way of playing is - in a tough match position, someone who is aggressive might get more confidence; in an easy situation, someone might get over confidence and hit out. Someone who just ignored the surroundings would focus better in some situations - or just not have extremely attacking shots available in others as they bat slowly and carefully.

Commentary in a mode like this would be off, just replicating the ground announcements over the loud speakers - appropriately muffled. If you're doing a test match there'd be nearly none - in a Twenty20, they'd be trying to hype up the crowd, playing music, playing that damn annoying hooter thing, etc.

Sure I'd like to see a broadcast mode with realistic overlays - but I think the main presentation changes would need to be in the hud off mode, take away the distractions and flash, but add in the things that players on the field use to judge their position.

Great ideas Matt. I enjoyed batting in IC2010 with everything off and being able to look round the field seeing where the gaps were. I hope that they at least get rid of the "Afridi"! Guy. You know who I mean?

Mixing gameplay with HUD is not a good idea for causal gamer. I think it will put developers in too much work too. How about implementing this feature in future versions? otherwise great idea though.

^yes that one is perfect but i think some thing like this is a bit dull.
jhEYZ.jpg

also animations of score cards will be good if developers can do this it will be great. Just like stick cricket. :p

Users who are viewing this thread