pressure EA for full editor

potholes

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fellas, could we pressure EA to release a full editor rather than a patch? So many people have different ideas about how the game should play, so an editor that enables us to edit every (and i mean every) aspect of the game would be shweet.
Everything from player names, attributes, pitch characteristics, and ball characteristics to fully customizable gameplay should be covered.

I admit i'm writing this because I want to be able to control exactly how much seam various pitches have and other things such as pitch wear and cracking. However, i just think it would be great to be able to customize absolutely everything in the game, because even by tweaking the cfg's u can't get everything sorted.

PErhaps this should be included in the next release?

So, c'mon get behind me...TO TILBURY!!!

I want them to create a mod/patch to let you create your own team

It would be nice if they considered an editor for C2006 like a lot of other games have, footy manager for example.

they got your money thats all all they want:D

Last edited:
langerrox said:
they got your money thats all that want:D

This is not the case with other EA title's though.So EA are not giving their Cricket games much interest after releasing them.Although I wouldnt want to say this but it seems as if this is a continuing trend(especially since we have not seen any patches by EA in any of their previous cricket games)

Siddharth(sid_19840)

Some thoughts arise on this subject. I don't want to sound too discriminatory but when Cricket games get made in Nova Scotia, Canada.... :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, my impression is that HB Studios must be a small outfit who don't have the resources, budget, and therefore the timetable to produce the features which have become standard across the other EA Sports franchises. With (computer) Cricket being such a niche market and EA being very careful with their investments, it doesn't bode well for the future as they insist on using a developer with next to no track record of producing games in general and quality games in particular.

I agree that cricket games are a niche market. I am an Aussie and pretty new to cricket games, but I love it! I have only played the EA games (no BLIC or SW) from 2002 thru to 2005 ... but only in the last 6 months. So you could say that in the last 6 months I have travelled 3 years thru time ;) (Although I do remember playing a cricket game on Nintendo where you could set a field with everyone at mid-on or mid-off positions and then noone could score - we've come a long way since then :D) main thing I've noticed is that the commentary for Cricket 2005 is WORSE than in previous versions :eek:

However, I also use the LE version of music software from a company who is considered the industry standard ... but you have to buy their hardware which is very expensive if you want the really good stuff.

Thing is ... users of the LE version have, over the years, convinced this company to increase the features in the LE version. A major way they did this was by organising e-petitions (via their forums) to the company to let the company know how ppl were thinking. This company is not known for being particularly cheap-ass-user-friendly. A bit like EA :eek:

So ... I propose an e-petition regarding the need for an easy to use editor: if all of us who visit these forums sign it we might just get the change we're looking for. I'm not much good at writing these things, and I'm a total n00b to these games, but maybe one of the more experienced ppl here could come up with a good petition for an editor which we could all then "sign".

One of the best things about not having these editors, though, is that such a great community has built up around this "niche" game (I mean there aren't many ppl in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England, West Indies, South Africa, Australia & New Zealand - to name a few - are there?). The mods that I have seen in the last 6 months for cricket 2002, 2004 & 2005 have blown my mind. Let me also say that I am normally a FPS player :eek:

Anyways, sorry to carry on & on & on & on ...... Just a thought :D

Please forgive my rant :upray

Cheers,
gonzo99 :)

gonzo99 said:
However, I also use the LE version of music software from a company who is considered the industry standard ... but you have to buy their hardware which is very expensive if you want the really good stuff.
ProTools by any chance? If so, you might be able to do us all a huge favour and analyse the commentary files for us and tell us what settings we need to get our own commentary mods to work. We need to know what frequency (KHz) and bit-rate to use, and whether to use mono/stereo. As I doubt anyone here has the software to figure such things out, I'm hoping you may be our new-found hero. :D

niche market?

I'm getting increasingly sceptical about cricket games being a niche market. I only say this because cricket is played right throughout the world, indeed in scope, cricket must be one of the most international games in the world.

England, Scotland, South Africa, INDIA, Pakistan, Canada, NEw Zealand, Australia, Sri Lanka....the list goes on. How can the market be so small for cricket games with an audience like this? We've already heard that blic topped the charts in the UK.

Perhaps it's the quality of the games that have resulted in fewer sales than expected.

Let's be honest....there has been little innovation since cricket 2000.

I thought of another good addition: WIND. It'll help out swing bowlers (although considering the ball spins in c2k5 when u bowl a swinging delivery it might not matter) and it would give the spinners something extre to try and make the cpu misjudge the line, which is something that doesnt happen even close to often enough. Cricket 97 had wind, so why not continue it?

Potholes (waiting at the edge of the Brisbane river with a galleon devoid of people, and a map of EA headquarters)

A few real individual bowling actions and player dimensions wouldn't go astray either. It's easy to get mixed up when everyone in the game is the same height and bowls like Damien Fleming (lol wonder if they did actually modelled the bowling on him-good swing bowler for australia in mid 90's)

Last edited:
Burma's Finest said:
ProTools by any chance? If so, you might be able to do us all a huge favour and analyse the commentary files for us and tell us what settings we need to get our own commentary mods to work. We need to know what frequency (KHz) and bit-rate to use, and whether to use mono/stereo. As I doubt anyone here has the software to figure such things out, I'm hoping you may be our new-found hero. :D

How did you guess? LOL :D

I could have a look at the commentary files - although I think this info can be discovered without resort to Pro Tools. I will see what I can discover :onpc

More later.

gonzo99 said:
How did you guess? LOL :D
I've done some film-making in the past and have used ProTools myself once or twice - the version with the hardware. :D Here's hoping you can solve this most annoying of problems. :upray

Burma's Finest said:
I've done some film-making in the past and have used ProTools myself once or twice - the version with the hardware. :D Here's hoping you can solve this most annoying of problems. :upray

I'll give it a shot. This is getting a bit OT so I've started another thread HERE.

Users who are viewing this thread