Pro Evolution 2008!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are the games good quality on PSP? I currently have Fifa World Cup on PSP but I heard that Pro Evo is a brilliant game. And heaps more better than Fifa. So I want to get it on either PS2 or PSP.

D

Deleted member 13648

Pes 2008

Has no-one made a thread yet? Well okay here goes;

PES2008.jpg

Key to PES 2008 is a proprietary adaptive AI system entitled Teamvision. Unique to the Konami game, Teamvision is a sophisticated AI programming that learns and adapts according to an individual's style of play. As such, it will learn new ways to build attacks and to counter specific movements and previous attacking or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the tactical but flowing nature of the real thing.

With the Pro Evolution Soccer series renowned for its fluid, realistic gameplay, the new game builds on the implementation of Teamvision with additional key advances. As with previous releases since its inception in 1996, the ball is again treated as a separate entity, with the timing of shots entirely down to the player, while the new AI ensures that defenders work to close down space and block efforts on goal. Similarly, distribution of passes works along the same lines, with players using the space available to them to switch the ball. Close control has also been enhanced with more control when dribbling the ball, and a number of subtle moves added to bypass defenders and move the ball into space.

Working in conjunction with the Teamvision system, every aspect of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008's on-field play has been reworked and fine-tuned to create the balanced and strategic play of a high stakes match. Set-pieces have been improved, with full control given over the number of players and the position of the defensive wall. A wider range of set piece options are also available to make use of specific talents within the team.

'Next Generation' versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008's are further enhanced by stunning aesthetic elements. Player detail has been taken to incredible levels with full facial animation and the high-definition detail afforded by the hardware used to show full movement and subtle details to the various kits during the course of a match. All 'Next Gen' versions will also benefit from an extensive Edit mode.

New Faces of PES 2008

uk_flag.gif
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Michael Owen
french-flag.gif
- Didier Drogba
australian_flag.jpg
- Lucas Neill

New Commentary Teams

uk_flag.gif
- Jon Champion & Mark Lawrenson
spain.gif
- Julio Maldonado & Juan Carlos Rivero

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
LUCAS BLOODY NEILL?!?! Have they never heard of Tim Cahill?

Oh well, PNeville > Ronalo. Pes > Fifa.

I expect loads of Fifa-ites to come and hijack this thread as I did with the Fifa 2007.5 one but there's no point, it's an official fact that Pes > Fifa and those who prefer Fifa aren't very well endowed.

Deary me, anybody but Lawro. I'd rather have Trevor Brooking...oh wait.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13648

I'm glad they've got rid of Brooking and Brackley finally. I'm sure the lines will be the same, except Lawro will somehow manage to include Liverpool in every line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I will keep my side of the deal Matt if you keep your side.:p

If you stay out of the Fifa thread and stop making sweeping stereotypes about it's players, I will do the same with the PES thread.

The game doesn't sound too bad, I hope Konami aren't too caught up with the Teamvision to fix other bugs and improve other stuff. I am glad they have got new (and better) commentators!

D

Deleted member 13648

Ooops. Sorry, didn't search hard enough, ah well I did better research than Punk :p

Is this game gonne kill FIFA 08?

It'll prawn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13648

Yeah, it will pwnz0r as much as this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWCI-SAGnjU

And no, it's not copyrighted. So don't have a period over it.

I still laughed and I knew what it was going to be anyway. :laugh I need to go out more...

Anyway back on topic;

I think the screens I've seen so far look fantastic and once I get a 360 I'll be able to spend many-a-nights prawning Stevie with my beloved, (and now fully licensed), Newcastle United over Xbox Live
happy.gif

D

Deleted member 13648

It's not hard to prawn stevie though. He's just easy money.

The only other person I know on PlanetCricket who has Xbox Live is Duff and I wouldn't want to be spending half the match shouting angrily at him explaining it's FOOTBALL not SOCCER.

Users who are viewing this thread