PS3 players; Anyone else new to The Ashes Online?

TangoCharlie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have played online a few times but get hammered!!

Im still learning! But there appears to be no other novices around.

Is there a reason for this?

Any other novices want a game? Username... TangoCharlie27

Tc
I never quit an online game!

Last edited:
There should be a lot of novices from Australia at the moment, the game has just gone on special after Xmas to almost half prices.

Last edited:
lol there must be plenty surely, all those players that quit (90%) when getting hammered must be beginners or just very rubbish at the game.

At least you dont have a problem getting a full game in, when you get better you will find it hard to find a random player that will not quit on you.

I pride myself on not quiting even though it hurts!!

I get banged around particularly when bowling spin!

I even let the trophy ceromony play out. It is a game of gentlemen after all!

Tc

Tc

I suggest not to use spinners as they are absolutely useless in the game. They go for plenty even if you manage to take a few wkts. At least don't use spinners till you are familiar with the online gameplay and experiment once you get the hang of online gameplay.

I've recreated Warne's ball of the century, the doosra, once against a person on line!
It was so sweet. I tried it a few times and it was a little short, but when I hit the right spot it was so satisfying!
I think it depends on how the opponent handles spin. A few Pakistanies showed the spin too much respect IMO, and that really suited me.

Damn this game is addictive!

Thats a classic leg break to a right handed batsman. Its the leg spinner stock delivery. Only off spinners bowl doosras.

Tc

Make sure you do let the ceromony play out, because otherwise it counts as a quitted game and the match will not be ranked.

Some possible tips when bowling:

1) Avoid Spinners as suggested above
2) Use teams with genuine quick bowlers, Australia and Asia XI have 3 in their squad, South Africa, TG XI, Rest of World, CM XI have 4 etc...
3) Use custom field settings and bowl to your field. (You will see such field settings when playing against tougher opponents, observe them and set similar fields)
4) Use a few attacking fielders to block the angles, i.e Silly mid off, Silly Mid on etc... (They can often get catches for you)
6) I always avoid using the X key when bowling, and use swing bowling instead (See below)
5) Use variations when bowling - Swing the bowl using the Circle or Square buttons, Slower bowls, Bouncers.
6) Move the cursor for the bowl late to confuse the batsman into playing a false shot. e.g Start cursor outside off stump and move it in late onto the stumps or vice versa.

Hope that helps and good luck

Last edited:
Id avoid using the special teams or accessive fast bowlers as if it lags many consider it a cheap tactic. Some general good tips here though. Feel free to add me on PSN also LeftArmFast

Have not seen the highlights yet but reading the commentary it just sounds like an off spinner that just ripped a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread