PS3 players; Anyone else new to The Ashes Online?

Started playing this game seriously for the past 3-4 days, my gamer id is gamethes, feel free to add me. No matter how i am doing, i make sure i dont quit :). It would be nice if some more tips can shared with us newcomers :-).

Started playing this game seriously for the past 3-4 days, my gamer id is gamethes, feel free to add me. No matter how i am doing, i make sure i dont quit :). It would be nice if some more tips can shared with us newcomers :-).

wanna play ?

Great tips RIZZY disagree with the use of 3-4 fast bowlers and not using the spiners however your spot on about the rest of the stuff.... cursor movement and custom fields only make the game more realistic.. I met a player yesterday who said " wont quit if u play fair". His definition of fair play was "no cursor movement and no custom fields". Considering how difficult it is to get a match against a non quitter I was ready to take my chances by playing his rules. I did end up winning the game comfortably but I have to say was the most boring game I have ever played where the bowlers were reduced to a mere formality with batsmen playing premeditated shots (since no cursor movement allowed) and making merry with no custom fields allowed.

Nothing like having a game where your made to work hard for your runs and building ur innings from no risk shots to going full throttle once the batsmen is set.

Also mid off and mid on are very good aggressive REALISTIC positions as long as the field has some gaps to work around it .. I have seen some players like Harris_12, timmee and mukulakhan who put in 7-8 fielders in catching positions around the bat and the only way to score runs is to take the aerial route over mid on and mid off which is totally crap (find attached field use by harris_12)...

Muchmore haven't you ever seen Gayle/Ponting/Hayden getting out to a perfectly timed shot.. cricket is not just about timing but timing+placing

Last edited:
There are so many quitters now that if I win the toss I always elect to bat first! Many times I've been bowling like a demon, celebrating as the connection suddenly disconnects!!
At least if I bat first I have the fun part and the opponent has a bit of hope!

Bowling is a chore and one where you have to really think. Batting is fun! Saying that, it's great when you bowl at an opponent and key him up for a predictable shot only to slow the pace of the third ball!

One thing I refuse to do is play a Row XI or any other superstar team. It's nit very realistic and pointless IMO.

I still can't get to see my stats online. When I press the square, it just beeps!

Oh and Ive damaged my anologue stick on the controller! It now locks instead of springing back!

Tc

Users who are viewing this thread