PS3: PS3 username thread for online matchups

Hi guys, its good to be here after quite some time.

@rnjthkmr, looks like u r facing the same problem which everyone faces in the initial days in this game. There will be players who play according to rules and few play only to win. I would advice take it as practice. Everyone cannot be perfect from day 1. Create ur own strategy. U posted in a couple of messages that I gave you tips on playing. I just told u what I knew and play thats it. So try to avoid the quitters. Rest everyone will play to win. I am sure u would also like to win. No one would be 100% happy after loosing a match. Play with all the regular players, who wont quit and see what strategy they use. Try to implement it in ur game as well.

No one is gonna sue u for using some stupid strategy. I do accept that it will be irritating when ur opponent uses only one way to win a match. Try to overcome that and find a way to beat it.

Good Luck
I accept sir, I have to practice to get myself ready to face anything. I was trying to make sure that there is some respect for Cricket. But most of the online players in DBC 14 are damaging it. Lets see what the developers have in the next patch to restore respect of it.

My 2 cents regarding the rules... the rules should be related to players/teams (i.e. no. of fast bowlers in the team, player rating etc.) or field settings as they are easy to enforce. but if you go down the path of medium bowlers can't pitch the ball shorter than 6 m etc. you will end in grief as there' no way to enforce these rules. I mean say you are playing a match and your opponent bowls a delivery shorter than 6 m. What will you do? Ask him to bowl the delivery or quit the game? Best option let everyone play the way they want to and as long as your opponent doesn't quit, it should be fine.

I accept sir, I have to practice to get myself ready to face anything. I was trying to make sure that there is some respect for Cricket. But most of the online players in DBC 14 are damaging it. Lets see what the developers have in the next patch to restore respect of it.

Every online game has exploits... that's the nature of the beast. FIFA has folks playing with 6-4-0 or 6-0-4 formations packing the team with defensive mid fielders or going with 100% aggression settings, Madden has onside kicking or nano blitzing glitchers etc. The only thing the developers need to ensure is that they handle rage quitters. Period.

DBC 14 in a video game and folks play it to have fun and not to "restore respect". Nobody will bowl on off stump with 3 slips and a gully or follow tactics seen in real cricket as this is not real cricket - it's a video game and a representation of a sport.

Edit: By the way I had much better luck over the last couple of days and played with folks like Fazzy, veer1982, GabbarTheDaku (or something similar) etc. These guys were pretty good and what I saw was that players who were better at the game weren't quitters. What I mean by better players is not the win total but the guys who were tactically good and skilled at the game.

Last edited:
I understand my friend, we are from the same region. I wont get surprised that we both have same kind of mindset :). But stop complaining and enjoy the game as it is. Otherwise, u will have to end up in my situation where I stopped playing online and having peaceful time ;)

A quick question for the folks here... is it possible to find out your opponents' psn id after you have completed the match against them? If yes, do let me know how you can do so as it's difficult for me to note down the psn id as the match is in progress and when the match's completed I don't get an option to see the opponent.

Every online game has exploits... that's the nature of the beast. FIFA has folks playing with 6-4-0 or 6-0-4 formations packing the team with defensive mid fielders or going with 100% aggression settings, Madden has onside kicking or nano blitzing glitchers etc. The only thing the developers need to ensure is that they handle rage quitters. Period.

DBC 14 in a video game and folks play it to have fun and not to "restore respect". Nobody will bowl on off stump with 3 slips and a gully or follow tactics seen in real cricket as this is not real cricket - it's a video game and a representation of a sport.

Edit: By the way I had much better luck over the last couple of days and played with folks like Fazzy, GabbaTheDaku (or something similar) etc. These guys were pretty good and what I saw was that players who were better at the game weren't quitters. What I mean by better players is not the win total but the guys who were tactically good and skilled at the game.
Brother, I know Ranjith personally :). He just bought his ps3 recently, maybe within a month and a bit excited about it. Lets give him some time. I know he will understand what online gaming is all about.

A quick question for the folks here... is it possible to find out your opponents' psn id after you have completed the match against them? If yes, do let me know how you can do so as it's difficult for me to note down the psn id as the match is in progress and when the match's completed I don't get an option to see the opponent.
Press the PS button to go to PS3 menu. There u will see an option "Players Met" when u scroll up ur friends list. Press 'X'. The top one is the recent player u played with recently

Brother, I know Ranjith personally :). He just bought his ps3 recently, maybe within a month and a bit excited about it. Lets give him some time. I know he will understand what online gaming is all about.

I understand where he's coming from. I'm only trying to tell him that there will never be a scenario where online gameplay would be without any cheap tactics or glitching. EA hasn't been able to do so with brands such as madden, FIFA etc. so don't hold your breath Big Ant will be able to. And TBH cheap tactics for some is strategy for others. The only thing Big Ant needs to do is do something about rage quitters and how to award win to the player who dominated the game coz no matter what they do, folks will come up with tactics to benefit them.

Press the PS button to go to PS3 menu. There u will see an option "Players Met" when u scroll up ur friends list. Press 'X'. The top one is the recent player u played with recently

Thanks for the info. Also, do you have any idea where can you see the teams that you played against online. I recall Ross said that the your opponent's team will need to be downloaded to your console as part of the match setup. Maybe @fiction or @HBK619 can let me know.

Last edited:
Do I need to do so when DBC 14 is on or can I look at the recent players even when

Thanks for the info. Also, do you have any idea where can you see the teams that you played against online. I recall Ross said that the your opponent's team will need to be downloaded to your console as part of the match setup. Maybe @fiction or @HBK619 can let me know.
You can view ur recent opponent even when u have not loaded the game. Only thing is you have to sign in to psn.

You can't view the team of the opponent. You have to check the online academy with the team name or username. The team will be available only if your opponent has uploaded it in the academy

Sir, you gave me this website address to join the online league matches. I understand I made some mistake here. I still need a lot exposure in the online gaming. I don't want to let you down. Lets try to play some games with different kind of strategies and find how to overcome those.

Sir, you gave me this website address to join the online league matches. I understand I made some mistake here. I still need a lot exposure in the online gaming. I don't want to let you down. Lets try to play some games with different kind of strategies and find how to overcome those.

Mate, there is nothing u did to let me down. There is nothing wrong in expressing ur point of view. We meet once in a while in our work place so we can discuss face to face on what we did and how we played (Though it is silly :D)). But we cant do anything about the players, we dont even know who it is. To be frank u cant fight like me in the tournaments :). Attie (@Acid Burn) may tell u stories. Be cool and play. Ofcourse, we will play sometime to upskill ourself.

You wont believe, recently I started playing a Casual Test match in legend mode. Even AI bowlers are bowling slow ball bouncers, four balls in an over. What can I do with them. Forfeit the game and fight with them? :D. We bought this game for fun. Still there is something that needs to be corrected and I hope it will happen soon.

Does anyone get match invite from a player 'bhaskarnadavala'. He sends invite regularly when I am offline. And I played with him a couple of days back. He quit the game in the middle and sent me invite for a fresh match. He is not joining the continue match reuest. He is not accepting my friend request also.

Does anyone get match invite from a player 'bhaskarnadavala'. He sends invite regularly when I am offline. And I played with him a couple of days back. He quit the game in the middle and sent me invite for a fresh match. He is not joining the continue match reuest. He is not accepting my friend request also.
Yeah I get lot of invites from him. Played with him once and he completed the game I guess. After that I haven't got time to play with him

yes played with him once..he quit the game.once i took his final wicket..but i could still manage a result as i got the option of calculate result.if u play with him expect all slow bouncers from medium pacers below 8 mts..mostly green balls pitching more that 8 mts with with extremely slow speed below 100.Also expect at least 4 slow bouncers from fast bowlers in an over.

Users who are viewing this thread