Quarter finals - England vs Portugal

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
England vs Portugal at Gelsenkirchen, 1 July 2006, 17:00

English should win this one. Portugal will be without two players including Deco and Ronaldo possible injuried.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Come on England, time for revenge, and it will be all the sweeter.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, England have a good chance now. Although I'd backed Portugal to win easily had Deco and Costinha been available to them.

FreddieFan

International Coach
With such a weakened Portugal side, England really should win. Deco and Ronaldo (if he doesn't make it) are really key players, and England's formation worked fairly well today.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
as there any chance of Deco's red card being reviewed?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
They've still got some brilliant players but this certainly gives us a much better chance. Besides I don't think I could face losing to Scholari three tournaments in a row.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Damn, 1 key player Deco. But still I think this will be 1 tuff match for England, because they hav'nt really faced a tuff team yet.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Well.. Portugal without Deco :mad: hope Ronaldo remains.. :upray. Well England have a bit more chance in this one because some key players of Portugal are missing :mad:. If it was against the real Portuguese team, then ofcourse Portugal would win this match.

hassan

International Coach
England should consider themselves very lucky... they have been playing weak teams but now Portugal but they are lucky again as their main man DECO will be missing and England should really take the chance, if they want to show that they are a strong side

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Farrukh_|$B said:
If it was against the real Portuguese team, then ofcourse Portugal would win this match.

Don't agree with that. I'd have Portugal as marginal favourites with or without injuries and suspensions but there's definitely no 'of course' about it. It's going to be a very tight game I expect.

sid_19840

International Coach
Well I would put it as even stevens at the start of the game,however I am still not completely sure about our tactics and formation.England seem very negative minded imo and they should go into every game with 2 strikers.Anyhow Im slighly more optimistic as the red cards for portugal have made it an even contest imo.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Deco, (supension), Costinha, (suspension), Figo, (probable suspension after he headbutted Van Bommel), Ronaldo, (injury).

England will have their first-choice team but Portugal will have a hard time in Midfield - that's one thing we need to take advantage of.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Dont forget it wont quite be England's 'First Choice' team as little Mickey Owen isnt there.

Users who are viewing this thread