Quarter finals - England vs Portugal

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's what I was implying.

But I think the result as a team and maybe winning a trophy depends on a balanced midfield behind 2 strikers, and we can't get that with Gezza and Lamps.

sachin

International Coach
Well my formation was based on what i think will happen,not want i want to happen.Unl;ess Mcclaren seriously changes something Lampard will be in the sqaud and it will be either a 4-5-1 or the usual 4-4-2.

Sureshot

Executive member
Well we have time to experiment as our Euro 2008 qualifying group does contain some very poor teams Eg. Andorra :D

I think if we are to ever be succesful we cannot play Gerrard and Lampard in a 4-4-2 without a holding player. Maybe play Gerrard on the right like he does/did for Liverpool?

wolf

International Cricketer
Sureshot said:
Well we have time to experiment as our Euro 2008 qualifying group does contain some very poor teams Eg. Andorra :D

I think if we are to ever be succesful we cannot play Gerrard and Lampard in a 4-4-2 without a holding player. Maybe play Gerrard on the right like he does/did for Liverpool?
The problem with that is it won't be a true test of the changes.

sachin

International Coach
Yes thats true,good point.The thing about playing Gerrard on the right is that it limits alot of his more attacking attributes...I.E.Shooting,running into the box,passing.They definitely need to try new strikers,or old ones.

Sureshot

Executive member
Well as Rooney and Owen will probably miss the next 3 England games, Owen might not be back till our March/April qualifiers, and even then he won't have much football under his belt. Rooney is almost certainly going to get a 3 match ban at least for his stamp and/or push. I just get a horrible feeling that FIFA will make a standard of him as it were.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Owen may have given SOME hopes if he was playing.

sachin

International Coach
Sureshot said:
Well as Rooney and Owen will probably miss the next 3 England games, Owen might not be back till our March/April qualifiers, and even then he won't have much football under his belt. Rooney is almost certainly going to get a 3 match ban at least for his stamp and/or push. I just get a horrible feeling that FIFA will make a standard of him as it were.
But thats doesn't really matter...i mean you play some friendlies and then get into the qaulifyers for Euro 2008 and you said yourself that the group was weak.

Sureshot

Executive member
I know, but the sooner he is back in an England shirt the sooner he can get some of his reputation back, that he lost for the stamp, we should know by the end of today.

sachin

International Coach
Is anyone in England actually having a go at Rooney for being an aboslute idiot.I mean he is playing top level football,and he can't even keep his temper.This ain't Rugby,you don't need to knock someones block off!

Sureshot

Executive member
There's been a bit, the time will tell when he pulls on the United shirt again.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot said:

I agree our Euro 2008 group is one of the weakest minus England, with the only two minor threats Croatia and Russssia. Also Gerrard can play anywhere i midfield, including out on the left,

Users who are viewing this thread