Quarter finals - England vs Portugal

Sureshot said:
Beckham had a poor tournament this time around, he always plays better when Neville is playing and Neville missed most of the tournament.

He was a very good captain.

I'd rather have Terry for captain, we need a leader not a inspirational player as captain.
Why would Terry be better?You say Gerrard isn't a leader? :eek: He is a leader and an Inspirational player as you said.That is what England need.Though Terry would be a good second choice.

I would definatley instate Terry as Captain; he'd run through a brick wall for club or country.

Terry would be a very good choice for captain IMO.

On the Rooney vs Ronaldo fracas, I think responses such as Man U talking of sacking Ronaldo for what has happened is going a little too far ....

And its not really an effective punishment either, is it? He's an extremely talented player, and is cetainly going to some other top club, most probably Madrid, and Man U will just be worse off without him. A case of cutting the nose to spite the face...

I think John Terry should be the new captain as he's shaken off his bad boy image to become a respectable defender and father.

Mauybe the goading of Rooney was the reason that C. Ronaldo suddenly chose to move to real madrid for no reason a week ago

I think Cristiano Ronaldo can stay in England, but the only place he will get first team football is at Accrington Stanley.

Ronaldo and Rooney have made up, apparently after the game with a simple text message...

I think the whole nation is behind Rooney to nail him one.

sachin said:
Why would Terry be better?You say Gerrard isn't a leader? :eek: He is a leader and an Inspirational player as you said.That is what England need.Though Terry would be a good second choice.

I never mentioned Gerrard in that post, ever.

Terry bosses his defence well and is always shouting instructions, I just don't see Gerrard doing the same to as good an effect.

I think Gerrard should be left to do what he does best.

As the Greece game looks of, and Owen and Rooney are out of the next England game, probably 3 match suspension for Rooney.

My Team vs Andorra at beginning of September.

4-4-2

Robinson
Neville
Rio
Terry (c)
A. Cole
Hargreaves
Gerrard
Lennon
J. Cole
Ashton (as good in the air as Crouch and much more mobile, 2 footed aswell)
Defoe (Give him a run in the team to prove his worth.

Sureshot said:
I never mentioned Gerrard in that post, ever.

Terry bosses his defence well and is always shouting instructions, I just don't see Gerrard doing the same to as good an effect.

I think Gerrard should be left to do what he does best.

As the Greece game looks of, and Owen and Rooney are out of the next England game, probably 3 match suspension for Rooney.

My Team vs Andorra at beginning of September.

4-4-2

Robinson
Neville
Rio
Terry (c)
A. Cole
Hargreaves
Gerrard
Lennon
J. Cole
Ashton (as good in the air as Crouch and much more mobile, 2 footed aswell)
Defoe (Give him a run in the team to prove his worth.
Well i would say that Gerrard hasn't been doing great lately.I think maybe with some responcibilty he'd improve.I like your team Sureshot but i think,i'm sure,they'll start Crouch.

Though i think the 4-5-1 will stay.

Robinson
Neville
Rio
Terry
Cole
Lennon
Lampard
Hargeaves
Gerrard(C)
J.Cole
Crouch

Why the hell would you start Lampard?

I'd see what the form of players was by then.

Provisional:
Robbo
Neville
Rio
Terry
Cole
Lennon/Beckham (As I said, form and depends on injury situation)
Gerrard
Hargreaves
J. Cole
Crouch (He was good in the Portugal match)
Bent/Defoe (Bent deserves a chance as he was the top english scorer last season.

Problem with Lampard is we know he's good enough he was just dire, and I don't think 4-5-1 suits us.

I'd rather have a formation that suits us than play a player just because he was one of the best footballers.
If I had to choose between Lamps and Gezza I'd opt for Gerrard, He might well be captain anyway.

hondeyho said:
Ronaldo and Rooney have made up, apparently after the game with a simple text message...

I think the whole nation is behind Rooney to nail him one.

Then in 1st training sessions at Man.U he gets one in the face lol...

Sureshot said:
Problem with Lampard is we know he's good enough he was just dire, and I don't think 4-5-1 suits us.

I'd rather have a formation that suits us than play a player just because he was one of the best footballers.
If I had to choose between Lamps and Gezza I'd opt for Gerrard, He might well be captain anyway.
As poor as Lamps was during the WC, one needs to remember that he was England's best player in the qualifying stage, and got England to the WC in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread