Rain- your view

Then everybody will aim the roof. Then in the last few overs they shall just play shots in the air so that it geta great height.

kuttakumar said:
Then everybody will aim the roof. Then in the last few overs they shall just play shots in the air so that it geta great height.

Mate, you realise it's not as easy as that....
It's much easier to actually clear the ropes than to achieve what you're implying; they're not just going to try and scoop every delivery.
Anyway, Hussey hit the Telstradome roof during the Super Series- I can't remember how they dealt with it, though, did it end up as a dead ball?

Sureshot said:
They'd make it so if the ball hits the roof it's six.

Even if it was going straight up into the air and hit the roof you would give a six? :noway
Even though it would be likely that the ball would come back down onto the field and not over the ropes.

Last edited:
At the Telstra dome, they call it a dead ball if it hits the roof. Or they could use the same rules as for the tree at Kent's ground, where you get four.

You could argue that the Kent one is slightly different. The tree is quite close to the boundary. Here we're talking about the height. You definitely cannot give a 4 if it hits the roof, especially when the batsman might be out.

Sureshot said:
I said "They"!

Ok THEY would give a six ? :noway dont think so.

Adarsh said:
You could argue that the Kent one is slightly different. The tree is quite close to the boundary. Here we're talking about the height. You definitely cannot give a 4 if it hits the roof, especially when the batsman might be out.

Exactly the point i was trying to make earlier Adarsh.

The Tree at canterbury was blown over in a storm, they are regrowing a new one just off the boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread