Rain

Inside_Edge

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since Ill be one of the suckers waiting till Feb to get the game, I have a quick question for those who already have it. How often does it rain in tests? And also, what effect does it have on gameplay once it resumes? Does the ball get slower in the outfield etc?

Thanks in advance :)

simple answer is it does rain but once it does it does not stop and u have to exit the game

is the rain not stopping just restricted to the pc version or is the PS2 version afflicted as well ?

"simple answer is it does rain but once it does it does not stop and u have to exit the game"

Excellent!!! Seems just like playing in England in May ;P

hi i have ps2 version its rained till the end of the day and play started again following day :)

Must be just on PC cause i have the PS2 version and when it started raining just before lunch on day 2 it stopped with about an hour to play on the 2nd day...

That sounds really realistic on the rain thing. graham how did you find the game? seeing as your in the same boat as me so to speak, meaning youve played on ps2 and mine is due any day now for ps2 and you imported it and your in the UK. i dont bother reading some reviews on cricket2002.tk because everyone seems to be ultra critical of the game and it just gets me down a little knowing mine is due any time from now to Monday.

Would it be possible to post a brief review of you thoughts about the game? i know your review will be reliable as some ive read are complete trash in my eyes. greatly appreciated if you could.

cricket

hi i will tell you how it is. when first got cricket 2004 i thought wow , but it has got the feel its been rushed for xmas in aus, the game modes and tracking are what everyone wanted. batting is a lot better the 2002 in some in ways with the conf meter is very good it makes you work hard to stay in and build it an inning , the motion of the player is a little better , but its still very choppy , i think the action of the bowlers are a vast improvement in the way the change for say a google or slower ball . the action of the ball of the wicket can swing just like a cricket game but the bounce to me doent seem right it was prob bettter in 2002. the feild placing are better , the ai is a lot better , the pitch looks great and changes like it should , THE game should have built on the good point s of 2002 and fixed the problems of that game instead the added new thing s and managered to make some thing s worse eg the sound is buged to hell as is richie etc , i think theres more bug s in this then 2002, which should not happen. the plus points is the depth of the game, ground s teams tours nets the bowlers ai ,i will still play it to death but it s just a very rushed game :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks graham, im sure ill love it anyway due to the depth of the game, and the graphics look amazing, very sharp from the screens ive seen. Also i just cant wait to play the County season as im a big domestic fan and follow all comps.

Im going to watch the opening exchanges of the NZL V PAK game now as its about to start. the stupid pay per view company ( setanta sports ) ( on sky digital ) have left it on for free without me even paying :)) - result!! its just about to start, Ian Smith is on right now - should be interesting. Looks like a lovely summers day in Hamilton and the wicket looks inviting to say the least for the pacemen.

lovely summers day in new zealand? is that even possible :P

i dunnom about the ps2 ver but in the pc version once it rains u cannot continue all u can do is exit the game

A question about this rain "bug" on the pc version

Does the continual rain only occur when the rain probability is high

I.e if rain probability is medium or low and then it rains, does it only then rain for a short while before play continues ?

I have PC version and have had rain 3 times at it rained for 2 hours once and once for 30 mins and the last time for one session and the game resumes after that fine.

thanks for that scribb - I was getting worried there :(

I wonder why your rain delays appear different to others - I hope my version plays like yours !!

Users who are viewing this thread