Random Thoughts

Manly

Thor
I didn't think the Pens would get this goal-crazy. 10-3?! You serious?!

Baseball's my favourite by far. So good.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Spent the weekend playing MLB: The Show 12 with my old housemate. What a game. Has got me interested in Baseball again. Excellent game.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Really is, my long post eulogising about it just now got accidentally deleted.

Heh, anyway, spent most of the time playing road to the show, then once I'd started getting the hang of it we played a few games against each other. Thought it might not be as good, but it was epically awesome. Went 17-0 up after 5 in a crazy game as the All-Stars against All-Stars first up so we started again as normal teams and I won 14-13 in the 10th! Was 11-3 down at the bottom of the 6th.

Got much better at pitching as it went on though and started having a lot of close 3-2, 5-3 games. Even had a 1-0 I lose where I pitched a crap fastball straight over the plate to Fielder. That travelled haha

We started a franchise mode right at the end to see what it was like. Playing as alternate pitching innings and the other fields, and then just alternate at bats. Gutted we didn't start it earlier, as it was quality. Just makes FIFA seem so budget.

Manly

Thor
I suck hard at batting on this one, got a RTTS pitcher, was 4-0 with an ERA of just under 2.9 and about 40-odd Ks.

17-0 after 5?! Who were you, the Red Sox?! (Well aware that joke will have sailed over most/all heads.)

It's so immersive, just can't get enough. Pulse pitching is something else though, quality new feature.

Manly

Thor
Boom! Go Canucks Go!

Also something witty I just thought up and Tweeted:

Drogba got slammed on Twitter tonight.

Needless to say, he went down.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
saw a funny post in the battrick in game forums on drogba.

"i know it's not a popular opinion but i actually love drogba"

"yeh, he has fell for you too"

managed to get a new stream just in time for overtime, missed the breakaway for the goal taking a sip of water. I run bad. Saw the shot though

Manly

Thor
Schneider keeping us in this at the moment.

I've got a big bottle of Dr. Pepper with me, can feel my teeth disintegrating.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
We had the batting on just analog to be fair, but I would happily switch it to zone and analog once I get it. Actually think I'll hit better with zone once I get used to it. We were also only playing it on veteran.

Pitching we were using the analog method. What's pulse like? Can you still make it look like you're pitching a ball and then use the angle of the pull back to send it into the strike zone?

Fielding even got quite fun once we turned off all the assists (certainly played a part in the high scores when we'd mess up a double play or throw to the wrong base as they were running for home heh).

I just wish Americans loved cricket! A cricket game with this details and polish would be incredible.

Manly

Thor
We had the batting on just analog to be fair, but I would happily switch it to zone and analog once I get it. Actually think I'll hit better with zone once I get used to it. We were also only playing it on veteran.

Pitching we were using the analog method. What's pulse like? Can you still make it look like you're pitching a ball and then use the angle of the pull back to send it into the strike zone?

Fielding even got quite fun once we turned off all the assists (certainly played a part in the high scores when we'd mess up a double play or throw to the wrong base as they were running for home heh).

I just wish Americans loved cricket! A cricket game with this details and polish would be incredible.

I play on all-star with sliders I downloaded, OperationSports is great for that kind of thing.

To be honest I've only used meter in the past so I couldn't tell you the comparison, but pulse is good because if you don't hit the sweet spot you miss your spot and it could end up being a ball, painting the corners is hard. Literally any pitch thrown could be a ball unless you throw it straight down the middle. It's more realistic in my opinion.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
3-1! Yes! Still think it's over though...

Penguins game was crazy today. Didn't see that coming at all.

Manly

Thor
Just smashed a 2-run homer off of Chad Billingsley in the bottom of the 2nd to make it 3-2. Gallardo struggled Top 2 and allowed a beast of a shot from Ethier and one from Loney.

----------

(Hit it with Gamel.)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Best baseball game:
attachment.php

Attachments

• c8edz8w6.jpg
    c8edz8w6.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 79

Manly

Thor
Sensational.

In other news we've just had a power surge and my PS3 and TV both suffered. Sakes. Time to go interview some footballers.

Users who are viewing this thread