Ranji 2007 Final - Mumbai vs Bengal

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mumbai are taking on Bengal in the Ranji 2007 Final to be played at Wankhede, Mumbai. The presence of star players Saurav Ganguly (Bengal) and Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar and Ramesh Powar (Mumbai) has made this Ranji final a classic in prospect!

With the thrashing that the Indian senior team is receiving at the hands of South Africa right now, its time for us to turn our minds to the Ranji Trophy Super League that starts tomorrow Nov 23rd. This tournament has been a historical one, named after the great player Ranjitsinghji. This has been a very prestigious tournament and is often very hardly fought over by the various domestic teams across India!

To improve exposure to domestic cricket and possibly to make it more competitive, the BCCI has introduced live television coverage of this tournament and has also prohibited the national selectors from travelling with the senior team when the domestic matches are going around, scrapping of India-A and Under-19 tours during domestic seasons, etc.

The season gets off tomorrow with 7 matches starting simultaneously on the same day between 14 sides that battle for supremacy.

Fixtures of Ranji Trophy Super League Season 2006-07

All eyes will be centred tomorrow on the Bengal vs Punjab match and especially on former Indian captain SAURAV GANGULY who is desperately trying to make a comeback into international cricket. Saurav, who scored a detemined century in his previous domestic outing against North Zone in the Duleep Trophy, knows very well that a few consistent and good performances in the next few matches might well pave the way for him into the national side, especially since some of the long persisted juniors in the national squad have been failing to do well.

All discussions about this season can be done in this thread! May the best team win!

Last edited:
ishant sharma has had a great start and looking forward to yomahesh india needs these kind of bowlers who hit the deck

This is really the most important for Saurav Ganguly and he really has a chance to come back in the Indian side as we saw how Indians batted yesterday ...surely Raina will be out of the side after this series as he is really struggling to bat from DFL cup .

Bengal lead by 111 runs in the second innings at Stumps - Day 2

Bengal 112/4 (Ganguly 43, Jhunjhunwala 33*) - 2nd innings
Punjab 157 a/o (Ganguly 3/29, RS Ricky 36) - 1st innings
Bengal 156 a/o (D Dasgupta 78, Gagandeep Singh 4/36) - 1st innings

gamerkid22 said:
This is really the most important for Saurav Ganguly and he really has a chance to come back in the Indian side as we saw how Indians batted yesterday ...surely Raina will be out of the side after this series as he is really struggling to bat from DFL cup .

if Raina can do well in the rest of the matches, Ganguly will have to again sit out. but its highly unlikely to see Raina do well in SA!

Oh the chances of Raina doing well in South Africa !
I think Ganguly will be back for one of thebtests atleast.

The test team will be selected on Nov 30th. How much of chances would you give Ganguly of being selected? No Yuvraj for us this time!

I think Ganguly will be selected on Nov 30th. Yuvraj's injury is going to pave the way for Ganguly into the test team! Both ganguly and laxman will be selected in the test team for the SA test series! this is what i think!

now its a good chance for Ganguly to come back ....but the inside politics may come into play . Also today it was a stupid idea to take D.Karthick as a fielder/batsman

Well yeah,thats true anyways round up on the Ranji for today :

Andhra 202 and 168
beat
Haryana 129 and 127 (Kalyankrishna 5-41) by 114 runs

Hyderabad 385
drew
with Maharashtra 221 (Jadhav 66, Ojha 6-84)

Saurashtra 342 and 272 for 6 (Kotak 118, Pujara 71)
drew
with Uttar Pradesh 450

Tamil Nadu 347 & 66/2 (25.0 ov)
drew
with Delhi 491/7d

Viru got a ton, Irfan is finding some sort of form with the ball.
Don't know if this is the Ranji Trophy or not, but there are loads of domestic games going on...Praveen Kumar of UP and Rudra Pratap Singh are both having fabulous seasons.

Viru got a ton that great but still either Sachin or Viru has to move down the order as Ganguly is likely to open. And Yuvi is likely to play againts the West Indies.
Karnataka
Robin Uthappa - 108
R.Dravid - 56

Baroda
I.Pathan - 1 wicket in 4 overs

Andhra Pradesh
R.P.Singh - 4 wickets

Uttar Pradesh
M.Kaif - 26
S.Raina - 50*

Punjab
V.R.V. Singh - 1 wicket

Hyderabad
V.V.S. Laxman - 44*

Bengal
RR Bose - 6 wickets

Delhi
V.Sehwag - 106
A.Chopra -84

Haryana
A.Mishra - 3 wickets

Mumbai
W.Jaffer -78

Last edited:
Wow.. Yesterday night, I was just checking out the Ranji matches where our star players were playing. I saw Sehwag was to come at No.4!

I predicted that Sehwag was going to get a century today, & went to sleep. And I get up and voila!

Being Sehwag, we cant be sure if this ton acts as a comeback one for him. He doesnt normally knows to play only one sort of game. So lets see if this ton makes way for more!

Does anyone know much about Irfan's brother? He seems to be doing a good job with both bat and ball in the game against Tamil Nadu.

Users who are viewing this thread