Ranji 2007 Final - Mumbai vs Bengal

prarara said:
Does anyone know much about Irfan's brother? He seems to be doing a good job with both bat and ball in the game against Tamil Nadu.
I didn't even know he had an older brother who played cricket!

haha. I've only read a few articles about him. Most of them were on his good performances, but I dunno if team management would risk putting in new players so close to the WC. Another player who seemed to be impressive was a medium pacer from Hyderabad; Absolem I think.

His name is Yousuf Pathan and has been a good player for Baroda. But I doubt if he would come into the national squad at all. Not a very attention attracting cricketer!

saisrini80 said:
His name is Yousuf Pathan and has been a good player for Baroda. But I doubt if he would come into the national squad at all. Not a very attention attracting cricketer!
Yah, hes old, and a leg spinner.

Ganguly 72* off 73 balls

Wah! Kya ODI style (wat a one day style)... I hope Saurav goes on to score a 100 (century) tomorrow before the selectors announce the ODI side for the first two one dayers and the world cup probables.

I think Saurav now has become a lot more confident after a successful South African tour. He has grown a lot more in confidence and it is showing. Come on Saurav! We need you for the World Cup!

Last edited:
I have updated the scores of the most probable players who are likely to be selected in the top 30 .Such updates will be helpful for us to check out the scores in thie Ranji Matches.

Karnataka
Robin Uthappa - 108
R.Dravid - 56

Baroda
I.Pathan - 2 wickets
Y.Pathan - 3 wkts

Uttar Pradesh
R.P.Singh - 4 wickets and 2 wickets
M.Kaif - 26
S.Raina - 54

Punjab
V.R.V. Singh - 4 wickets

Hyderabad
V.V.S. Laxman - 76

Bengal
RR Bose - 6 wickets
S.Ganguly 72*(73):happy

Delhi
V.Sehwag - 106 and 2 wickets
A.Chopra -84

Haryana
A.Mishra - 4 wickets

Mumbai
W.Jaffer -78
A.Agarkar - 1 wkt
R.Powar - 2 wkts

Last edited:
It's really good too see everyone perform well. Very nice, Irfan looks like he is getting some of his touch back.
And doesn't Rudra Pratap Singh also play for UP? I know he shares the new ball with Praveen Kumar.

Ganguly scored a century today . 122 (195) 21 Fours . He batted with lots of confidence it seem . Surely he is there for the World Cup .

Final - Mumbai vs Bengal

Bengal are boosted by the presence of Saurav Ganguly, the eternal comeback man. Mumbai are tremendously boosted by the recent centurion and "comeback to form" man Sachin Tendulkar, also coming back are Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar and Ramesh Powar.

Being one of the most prestigious domestic trophy in the history of Indian cricket, this final assumes terrific importance, and is going to be a classic battle

May the best team win! I am excited about this final, and will surely be following the scores!

Classic final on the cards. Ganguly leading the Bengal team. 139 runs to win with 4 wickets remaining. Can they do it?

Users who are viewing this thread