Rare/Unusual/Amature Cricket Clips[Latest:Why Cricket is so Special]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A thread for funny/amature cricket videos....

Feel sorry for the kid, he's just 10 and media is already following his matches. Though i wont be surprised if he turns out to be a good batsman, afterall he got the bestman to help him out with techniques and pressure:hpraise

AngryPixel added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

AngryPixel added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

AngryPixel added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

^^
This one was epic :laugh:laugh

AngryPixel added 4 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Dravid got punk'd hehehe

AngryPixel added 6 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
I just can't get tired of watching this video... Has everything in it, Cricket's intensity, passion....

This is why cricket is better than any other sport

Last edited by a moderator:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
:doh:doh

This was not needed

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
This thread was almost 4 months old ...

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors

It was late when i created that thread. Hence the mistakes. And if you are facpalming due to Sachin's mention, well it contains only a few videos related to him. Rest are other cricketers..

And don't tell me you didnt like "Cricket:Whats so good about it " video..

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Why'd you add to it then...

Didn't know there if ther eis a thread for cricket video's or not. I liked the "Cricket:Whats so special" video so thought about sharing it.. thats all

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

I don't actually. No spinners. They're the best part of cricket.

There was Shane Warne in the video :p

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Warne wasn't a spinner. Barely got the ball off square to be honest.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I always classify Warne as a RM bowler TBH.

Besides, if Sachin actually practiced his bowling he could have been the next Warne. Heck, he could even have been a swing bowler or an off spinner. It's a shame he give his bowling more attention.

I think max dillon summed it up perfectly.

Well, Sachin Tendulkar Often bamboozel us with his inhuman timing and precise shots but there are moments in his career where he forces us to think what if He was a pure bowler. The question here is that " Is Sachin Tendulkar way too talented and gifted for a single human???" We shall discuss bout this. Everyone knows bout his batting prowess so that should be out of discussion.

Well apart from batting, Sachin is a very good swing bowler, Off spin bowler and a leg spinner.

Swing Bowling: People might not agree but Sachin is one of the best swing bowlers in the India at the moment. I am talking bout the talent of swing bowling. He can bowl inswing,outswing,seamers,slower ones, you name it he has it in his armoury. He has perfect wrist position for in swing and outswing. His seam stay dead still when he releases the ball and he likes to keep the ball full when he bowls the swingers. It is only that he is small in physique thats why his swing bowling is not that effective. So Sachin could have been a very dangerous swing bowler had he got the physique of Lee or Bond. So thats second talent apart from batting he posseses.

Off Spinner: He is not a very deadly offspinner but certainly better that most of run of the mill spin bowlers that England,New Zealand,Australia(Shane Warner,Macgill being exception) have produced over the years. He has every variation except dussra.

Leg Spinner: Well i am going to make a bold statement here. Sachin Tendulkar could have been a leg spinner of Warne's Caliber had he concentrated a little bit more on his bowling. This is one of the greatest regrets that i have. I am not questioning his love for the game, it is just that captains didnt used him enough and thus he never felt urgency to practise his art much. He himself has a lot of time accepted that he often get to bowl directly into a international match after months without practice. Sachin can bowl every bowl that a leg spinner can. There isnt a leg spinner in the world at the moment who extract the amount of turn that Sachin gets(Warne and Macgill are retired). Just ask Kiwis how they felt during Sachin's charismatic spell on the last day of recently concluded test.
Yes it is true that he is not a very consistent bowler and he will bowls 1 or 2 full toss or loose deliveries in a over,but it is also truse that he will bowl 2 great balls per over which would be unplayable. Thats why he gets the breakthroughs more often that not. Just ask Aussies, i remember a ODI match in 2001 series in vishakhapatnam. Aussi were crusing for 161/1 in 30 overs chasing down 262. then came sachin, Took 5/32, all five were op order aussies and won the match for india.
Thus Leg spin is the greates talent wasted in Sachin, if amit mishra or Piyush chawla had sachin's Leg spinning talent, well then india wouldn't worry bout replacing Anil Kumble.

So Sachin could have been a Fast Swing bowler, Off Spinner and Leg spinner. Did i mention that Sachin is ambidextrous??:D yep, He is Right handed batsman but can write with both hands and prefer to write with left hand. Thus he can attack the ball from any side without any worry. Next time watch the match closely, you will find sachin returning the ball with left hand and sometime with right hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread