Your Cricket Remfry Protective Equipment

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hiya Guys,

I've recently found the e-mail address and been in contact with the famous equipment manufacturer Steve Remfry about getting myself a Thigh Pad from him. He's given me the prices for the main thigh-pad and an inner thigh pad, and although they're a little expensive, I think the fact that the stuff is completely bespoke plays in Remfry's favour. As you probably know I've been interested in getting the Aero P1 Strippers, and Steve obviously doesn't rate these as his reply when I said my choice would be between his thigh pad and the aero's was: "How many players use Aero to Remfry? Say no more I guarentee my gear for 4 years!! Alec Stewart had his gear for 10 years!!" :laugh:.

The price i've been quoted from Steve was Thigh pads-$110 + Inside thigh pads-$60 + postage $30 = $200. Pretty pricey I think you'll agree. I was just wondering if anyone agrees with Steve that the Remfry gear is worth the extra price, I could get the Aero P1's for the same price as just the thigh pad from Steve. I've not got the money just yet, but when I do i'll be ordering either a Remfry thigh or the Aero P1's, which would you reccomend ?

Here's a pic of KP using the Remfry gear;
RemfryThighPad.jpg

Also, anyone on the forum got a Remfry thigh pad, or interested in one ? One more thing, anyone know where I can buy one of them inner thigh pads that KP is using ?

Cheers lads.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
When I bat, I wear as little protective equipment as possible. So just the pads, box and helmet. I wouldn't even wear those if I didn't have to. I don't like to clunk about when I'm trying to play my shots - imagine how hard it is to bat for 19.5 overs for 8 not out like me! So my advice is save some money and get neither of those, and just bat like a man! ;)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I've decided against them anyway. I've already got a hunt's thigh pad, which does the job and I think i'm going to buy a Warsop Stebbing inner thigh pad, much cheaper at £9 with a proper thigh pad for £10, they're used by Ravi Bopara so they must be pretty decent. I don't think I'll be needing Remfry pads until I make it into the County Championships ;)

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah, I hate all the excess weight, and I ****ing can't stand pads, when running.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
get aero P2 I have them and they are amazing...trust me they are worth every penny

I got hit three time by an NSW under 17 fast bowler and didnt feel it :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
P2's pah. If I get Aero's i'll be getting P1's, don't think i'll bother though, would much rather spend the money on going clubbing with mates :D

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
what is the point in P1 when you will never face 160KPH or 100MPH

P2 protects up to 80MH and is awesome

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I dont play cricket, so I cant comment on the quality of the kit, but what I will say is this.

Unless you are bloody good at cricket and play to a very high standard it doesn't much matter what you wear, as long as its basically up to the job of protecting you. It won't make you a better player.

Nobody likes the guy who has all the top kit but sucks you know. This goes for all sports.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not in my league, most people ask people about their kit when they have nice stuff, and I take pride in my posessions, and I love my cricket, so want to have the best kit available. If the P1 Aero's are only a little more expensive then it's worth the extra fee as the quality of protection will be much better, if you can afford it then why not. I like having nice kit, and I feel I know how to use it well enough to score some decent runs in my league.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
KP the difference between P1 and P2 is that P1 just can withstand up to 100MPH and P2 can withstand up to 80MPH

if you are reguarly facing 80+MPH fair play but i dont think you are...they look the same...feel the same and the only difference is a tiny bit

Users who are viewing this thread