MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've always disliked the NET&G forum, I've thought it was just a dumping ground for spammy threads and also created a needless distinction between what is considered a useful topic and what should go in there.

For example, 'What are you listening to right now' is a thread perfectly at home in the entertainment forum, just because it lends itself to people posting in there repeatedly it was bumped down to an irrelevant section.

The removal of NET&G will mean that threads deemed by me as worthy :D, will be moved to General Chat or another more relevant forum. The rest will die with NET&G when it is removed from the forum listings and consigned to the pasture.

Now so that this doesn't just mean spam from NET&G is just spread out, there are some fairly logical restrictions here,

A 'rate the * above' thread can exist, provided the responses are not merely a rating, but also include a useful comment on why you'd give it that rating. By useful that means at least a full sentence that justifies it.

So for example you could have a 'rate the sig above you thread' (and it would go in the graphics forum) but you'd need to give detailed feedback on the sig's good and bad points.

This way the threads actually have a point rather than being arbitrary number giving (Six!) and make it so it is worth reading them as opposed to just looking at the last post and replying.

Though threads like Which Cricketer would be Person above you? won't have a place, as there's no real way that can be made into something useful.

However we all know you can't be on topic all the time and as such there'll be a new thread in the General Chat section for all the off topic stuff to go in, I just hope it doesn't turn to crap like the one before it. The mods want to be relaxed about it, but obviously there are limits.

Enjoy.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think the "Random Thoughts" thread should be renamed to "Spam Thread" so it feels more like home :p. Anyways good job.

Users who are viewing this thread