Retirements Thread - Virat, Rohit and Jadeja T20Is

Doesn't surprise me at all. De Cock wasn't really in it over the last few years. Especially after he relinquished the captaincy. An exciting bat at times, but was borderline inconsistent for them.

Elaborate

Has significantly underperformed in the World Cups of both formats relative to his ability and performance in bilaterals and also doesn’t have a good image amongst Proteas fans from what I’ve seen online due to his early test retirement and the way he behaved during the BLM stance.

Has significantly underperformed in the World Cups of both formats relative to his ability and performance in bilaterals and also doesn’t have a good image amongst Proteas fans from what I’ve seen online due to his early test retirement and the way he behaved during the BLM stance.
Made out to be a victim of the BLM. In a democracy, one should have complete say on whether or not he wants to be a part of it.

The BLM stance did take away atleast 3-4 years out of his professional career, given that he was publicly shunned by Bavuma as well.

Made out to be a victim of the BLM. In a democracy, one should have complete say on whether or not he wants to be a part of it.

The BLM stance did take away atleast 3-4 years out of his professional career, given that he was publicly shunned by Bavuma as well.

Sorry but this is utter crap.

It took nothing away from him for one and you can’t be a victim of a movement aimed at making victim’s voices heard. Bavuma did not publicly shun him as well.

It was originally optional until other teams embraced taking the knee fully whilst some South African players did not do so in the warmups which given it’s history with apartheid is quite shameful. It was at this point that CSA made it mandatory. This was also around the time that the social justice hearings were happening which highlighted how cricketers of different races were subjected to racism in their careers across all levels of the sport and his teammate Ngidi was also being subjected to abuse from former Proteas cricketers from the 90s because he was supporting BLM.

Quinny’s stance in the context of all this was tone deaf at best and he also pulled out of a WC match citing this as a flimsy reason. I’ve always found it funny that Indian fans are the first ones to leap to the defences of AbD and Quinny saying they’re victims of race politics when it comes to their decisions over the national team and the manner in which they treat it while blowing up completely when Rohit Sharma or Virat Kohli opts out of a single meaningless game.

It was originally optional until other teams embraced taking the knee fully whilst some South African players did not do so in the warmups which given it’s history with apartheid is quite shameful. It was at this point that CSA made it mandatory. This was also around the time that the social justice hearings were happening which highlighted how cricketers of different races were subjected to racism in their careers across all levels of the sport and his teammate Ngidi was also being subjected to abuse from former Proteas cricketers from the 90s because he was supporting BLM.

Quinny’s stance in the context of all this was tone deaf at best and he also pulled out of a WC match citing this as a flimsy reason. I’ve always found it funny that Indian fans are the first ones to leap to the defences of AbD and Quinny saying they’re victims of race politics when it comes to their decisions over the national team and the manner in which they treat it while blowing up completely when Rohit Sharma or Virat Kohli opts out of a single meaningless game.
QDK's refusal to take the knee, meant he had to sit out of the next game that followed. Only he can tell us whether this was forced upon him or not. However, the very fact tha CSA made it mandatory does put the spotlight onto him. In a country with a history of apartheid, it is easy to forget that the Whites could also be subject to racial vilification. For all we know, QDK might have been a victim of the same. Anyhow, I am not getting drawn into this as I've made my stance on this pretty clear. To me, QDK was never looked at in the same manner by CSA post the BLM incident and that impacted him and his future.

As for your last line, don't really remember any case surrounding ABD(bar the CWC 2015 semi-final). As for ROhit & Virat- I do believe it is a the treatment of bilaterals comes down to a personal choice. In your mind, these might be meaningless. To the rest, someone like me, bilaterals are still important. Just cause you discount them, doesn't mean that the rest would too!

Sorry but this is utter crap.

It took nothing away from him for one and you can’t be a victim of a movement aimed at making victim’s voices heard. Bavuma did not publicly shun him as well.

Great post!

I stopped being a fan of QDK and don't really care for his retirement (king of soft runs as shown in this world cup) and a big part of this was his handling of the BLM movement. I personally wouldn't take a knee but I would stand and observe the silence and show some sincerity (e.g. Pakistan team) but I watched him live, standing, moving around, purposely looking bored, dropping soldiers...basically being a whinging child.

Plus I have no idea where the member you posted got his idea that he missed 3-4 years of his career due to that lol

a big part of this was his handling of the BLM movement. I personally wouldn't take a knee but I would stand and observe the silence and show some sincerity (e.g. Pakistan team) but I watched him live, standing, moving around, purposely looking bored, dropping soldiers...basically being a whinging child.
Talk about hypocrisy - you personally wouldn't take a knee but you can take a jibe at some one who doesn't support ?

Personally, I don't care about the movement at all. It is simply an arena for the Blacks to show the world how downtrodden they are and have symapthizers.

Plus I have no idea where the member you posted got his idea that he missed 3-4 years of his career due to that lol

Political turmoil meant that the leadership(led by a Black) would never look at QDK in the same manner. QDK would have sensed that isolation and this could have been a reason for him to depart earlier than expected.

Talk about hypocrisy - you personally wouldn't take a knee but you can take a jibe at some one who doesn't support ?

Personally, I don't care about the movement at all. It is simply an arena for the Blacks to show the world how downtrodden they are and have symapthizers.

Political turmoil meant that the leadership(led by a Black) would never look at QDK in the same manner. QDK would have sensed that isolation and this could have been a reason for him to depart earlier than expected.

Well, if I bring myself into it then I'll provide my reasoning. I have no issue in supporting the BLM movement if not the organisation itself (look into it) but for my religious reasons I don't kneel for anyone. Which is similar to the Pakistan team and I used them as an example. However they participated in the silence and provided their own gesture (supporting civil rights doesnt mean you ONLY have to kneel).

But it is quite clear QDK did not want to support any of that, he stood around fidgeting, whinged about his own treatment and created a perception in a country which isnt even fully out the shadows of apartheid. Ultimately he made himself look a fool.

You may like it, thats your choice. I dont.

Users who are viewing this thread