IPL RIP Deccan Chargers.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The BCCI has terminated the troubled Deccan Chargers franchise, winners of IPL 2009, after an emergency league governing council meeting in Chennai on Friday. Senior BCCI officials told ESPNcricinfo that the tender for a new franchise would be issued on Saturday.

A BCCI statement issued late on Friday night said the board's action came after what it called a "sudden change of stance by the franchise" regarding its commitments and the board's belief that any further extension of time to the franchise owners would "seriously prejudice the interests of the players."

"This evening, the BCCI received a lawyers' notice invoking arbitration from the franchise stating that it had not committed any breaches and even if such breaches were committed, the BCCI should not act to terminate the franchise till Yes Bank Ltd furnishes sufficient finance to cure the breaches," the statement said. "By this, Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd has clearly admitted its inability to cure its breaches within the time stipulated in the BCCI notice despite every bit of assistance from the BCCI. Since the month of May, BCCI has received repeated assurances that the overdue player fees would be paid; all of these promises have been unfulfilled.

Full story

Well, this is disgusting. I supported RCB, but DC is (oops, it was) my home town team, what I like too.

I don't understand where is Tolly hiding. Few actors were the backbone of CCL and now they aren't even in picture when the serious professional cricket of their home city is in trouble. :(

MJ Rocks

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
All cos of the valuation of the teams made dc to reject the offer of pvp if they wouldn't had then they could have easily paid the player debts and would be in terms of profit

Users who are viewing this thread