RLL3 - Not Cricket!

For sure, it's Super League licensed.

Licensing, mentioning "the future of DBC" in the OP... very interesting...

Seriously though, this is looking very good. How far in the future are we looking exactly? Is this game something to look forward to this year, something for about this time next year or just a "when it's done" kind of thing?

Not Ross but we're definitely looking at this year Alberts. That's what Tru Blu are saying at the moment at least.

Not Ross but we're definitely looking at this year Alberts. That's what Tru Blu are saying at the moment at least.

It was originally expected in Q2, but it got pushed back: the hint was that it was because of approvals (licensing can be a pain).
In traditional Tru Blu fashion it's all been a bit of a mystery, but Ross confirmed elsewhere that the latest trailer was taken from the game in one take at Big Ant yesterday afternoon, and came out a few hours later. Knowing approvals, this would not be possible if the game hadn't now been approved.
SO. If it's now been approved I would assume it's gone into submission, so it's probably about 6 weeks away assuming it passes. Which would put it end of August/start of September just in time for Grand Finals, which seems like a logical time for it to be released.

Not until the last Thursday before September it seems.

I do wonder when the best time to release a game in terms of marketing is.

Very exciting though.

Sports are coming hard on top of each other. We've got all the Rugby league AND a Rugby World Cup AND the Ashes AND the AFL AND the start of the EPL season AND NFL and a whole bunch of high profile video games coming out around September/October. End of August seems to be a good head-start on those.

It was originally expected in Q2, but it got pushed back: the hint was that it was because of approvals (licensing can be a pain).
In traditional Tru Blu fashion it's all been a bit of a mystery, but Ross confirmed elsewhere that the latest trailer was taken from the game in one take at Big Ant yesterday afternoon, and came out a few hours later. Knowing approvals, this would not be possible if the game hadn't now been approved.
SO. If it's now been approved I would assume it's gone into submission, so it's probably about 6 weeks away assuming it passes. Which would put it end of August/start of September just in time for Grand Finals, which seems like a logical time for it to be released.

Good point Chief. Didn't think of that.

The dates that i have seen on Big Ant's own forum are Aug 20 and 27.

Yeah - August 27th is looking pretty solid according to the retailer literature spotted.

It makes sense - Ross confirmed that the teaser they released was recorded from the game at Big Ant at 3pm the day it came out - No way they'd have been able to get that approved by licensors in time, so the game content must now be all final and signed off. (Normally you have to get individual approval on any screens/video until you've got final approval on everything in the game itself). I'd guess it's now in submission and they will announce the date officially once it has passed.

Just looking forwards to seeing some video/screens of actual gameplay now: everything so far looks loads slicker than the previous version so it bodes well.

if my PC runs DBC, will it run RLL3? In the absence of a decent union game i may have to try that... as long as I shower after every game i should be ok.

if my PC runs DBC, will it run RLL3? In the absence of a decent union game i may have to try that... as long as I shower after every game i should be ok.

Ha.

Not sure if PC will release at the same time - I'm assuming that it will come later as per other games.

The way I see it, at this stage, if it has a rugby ball in it, I buy it. lol. Union games have been very disappointing lately. This might just fill that hole in my hea......games shelf.....

Users who are viewing this thread