Ronaldo - Tested to the limit

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't know if any of you guys saw this when Sky showed it over Christmas, but I've only just watched it now - it was sitting on my DVD-Rec. for a while. Maybe it's been on before or since, but I haven't seen it before, so if this is old news, apologies. :)

Wow.

Seriously - everyone here should watch it if Sky show it again - it's simply amazing. They put him through various tests to show his strength, skill, technique and so on, including one which involved the lights being turned out just as a ball was being crossed into the box. He made contact and scored with every attempt. Not just contact, but strong contact, so strong that it was like it made no difference the lights were out!

He kicked a ball at 80mph (!) through several sheets of glass and you could actually see that as the ball destroyed one sheet, the shock wave from that was already taking care of the next pane of glass!

They even had him do a test where he had to get from one end of a course to another while weapons trained snipers tried to 'shoot' the ball with laser sniper rifles. They only managed to get one hit!

Amazing stuff and I'd highly recommend it. The only problem is after that, Ronaldo's head will be even bigger than it was before but the guy truly is amazing. No doubt other players like Messi share certain things. If it comes on again, watch it. :)

It will definitely get to his head. Guy should stop thinking and just go play his heart out. That way more people will start loving him. But does that make any difference??

For anyone interested in the video, here's the link. Pretty amazing stuff there! Guy surely is gifted.

(45 minute video link)
Cristiano Ronaldo Tested To The Limit - YouTube

He played much to his style at United than Real. Have to say, he seems to miss Sir Alex, his mentor.

Yeah, I watched it when it first came out. It's a good documentary but I couldn't bring myself to be blown away because while he did do many amazing things, they didn't compare him to anyone else. I know he's a better footballer than many and is far fitter than the common man, but I wanted to see at least one or two comparisons to other footballers to see how he really measures up.

I was really impressed by just how hard he has worked to become such a physical beast.

Yeah, I watched it when it first came out. It's a good documentary but I couldn't bring myself to be blown away because while he did do many amazing things, they didn't compare him to anyone else. I know he's a better footballer than many and is far fitter than the common man, but I wanted to see at least one or two comparisons to other footballers to see how he really measures up.

For sure. I'd love to see a sequel where they get a few more top class players like Messi and Iniesta.

Being able to judge a ball's trajectory in the dark didn't impress? Fair enough, we're all entitled to our views. :)

Edit: Off-topic, but why's the 'Cricket' part of the PlanetCricket logo pink today?

Being able to judge a ball's trajectory in the dark didn't impress? Fair enough, we're all entitled to our views. :)

Edit: Off-topic, but why's the 'Cricket' part of the PlanetCricket logo pink today?

I honestly reckon i could do that,, im in no way comparing myself to ronaldo,, i'm just thinking its not as hard as it looks,, and how many takes did it really take him??
No one knows for sure do they?

The dribbling was quality,, still i'd much rather have Messi,, he is God..

I honestly reckon i could do that,, im in no way comparing myself to ronaldo,, i'm just thinking its not as hard as it looks,, and how many takes did it really take him??
No one knows for sure do they?

The dribbling was quality,, still i'd much rather have Messi,, he is God..

Come on now. You're using a cricket forum. I can understand people not liking Ronaldo, let's be honest, he's a door handle. However, catching/batting are all as simple as keeping your eye on the ball. In this case with Ronaldo, he has picked up the trajectory and postion so early that he hasn't even needed to watch it on to his boot. It's fair to say, that it's easier to get one's hands near something than one's foot?

I would suggest that Ronaldo's abilities are down to his superhuman work ethic. My family was on a cheap summer holiday one year, all week we were joined on the beach by a brash, arrogant, incredibly confident young lad who spent every single second with a ball being juggled or dribbled somewhere. His close control and dribbling was unlike anything I'd ever seen in a concrete, rowdy North London state school playground, he can't have been much older than 12, but he was adamant he'd be the best player the world had ever seen, and it turned out some many years later, that very greasy and incredibly confident young lad was very nearly right. Unfortunately, none of that hard work teaches you how to show up for big games :p

I would suggest that Ronaldo's abilities are down to his superhuman work ethic.

That's it exactly - the guys running the tests said as much. He's worked and practiced so hard that it's become second nature to him.

They had an amateur footballer try the same test and he didn't get anywhere near the ball, not once. :)

Cricket is not my main sport only ever played cricket for a laugh,,

Played football for chelsea as a kid 11-13 and for some decent saturday teams in combined county level, so im not a bad player,..
Also run a team now..

Still dont think its that hard to do after a few goes....

Wheres the dribbling is technique no matter how much you practice doesn't mean you will be able to do it,, you either have it or you don't

And let me add, i have no problem with Ronaldo,, anyone at the top of their sport for more than a year or 2 demands respect..

Some might say that since Messi was told he was too small and too weak to make it in the professional game when he was a young nipper, that his dribbling is all he could work on...

Likewise, that Rooney was told he was going to be superstar for so long, was so much stronger than other kids, and could score from 25 yards, that he never learnt how to control a football in close spaces, or beat a man for skill...

Users who are viewing this thread