Round 1:Manchester Divided v Dublin @ Neutral (9.11.2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looking forward to my debut of course, we shall start our season by thrashing ManD!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Malcolm Marshall vs. Viv Richards. Syd Barnes vs. Jack Hobbs. Those matchups should be fun!

All I'm looking forward to is a nice clean game of cricket, where Dublin get whipped like the creampuffs they are and sent back home to their mommies in tears. :)

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Manchester Divided Vs Dublin Destroyers

Date: 09-11-2009

Dusty Pitch

MANCHESTER DIVIDED WON THE TOSS AND ELECTED TO FIELD FIRST​

0.1 Sydney Barnes to Gary123, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
0.2 Sydney Barnes to Gary123, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
0.3 Sydney Barnes to Gary123, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
0.4 Sydney Barnes to Gary123, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
0.5 Sydney Barnes to Gary123,

Gary123 c 07harrisb b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 2 Balls : 5 S/R : 40

(0)
0.6 Sydney Barnes to Simbazz, (4)

End of over 1
Dublin Destroyers 6/1 (RR : 6)
Simbazz 4 (1b)
Jack Hobbs 0 (0b)
Sydney Barnes 1-0-6-1

1.1 Dr. Pepper to Jack Hobbs, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
1.2 Dr. Pepper to Simbazz, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
1.3 Dr. Pepper to Jack Hobbs, No shot offered. (0)
1.4 Dr. Pepper to Jack Hobbs, That was a very good delivery. (0)
1.5 Dr. Pepper to Jack Hobbs, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
1.6 Dr. Pepper to Jack Hobbs, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 2
Dublin Destroyers 9/1 (RR : 4.5)
Simbazz 5 (2b)
Jack Hobbs 2 (5b)
Dr. Pepper 1-0-3-0

2.1 Sydney Barnes to Jack Hobbs, (4)
2.2 Sydney Barnes to Jack Hobbs,

Jack Hobbs lbw Sydney Barnes
Runs : 6 Balls : 7 S/R : 85.71

(0)
2.3 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
2.4 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
2.5 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
2.6 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 3
Dublin Destroyers 16/2 (RR : 5.33)
Simbazz 5 (2b)
OffCutters 3 (4b)
Sydney Barnes 2-0-13-2

3.1 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, , No Ball. Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
3.1 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, Very well bowled. (0)
3.2 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
3.3 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
3.4 Dr. Pepper to Simbazz,

Simbazz lbw Dr. Pepper
Runs : 5 Balls : 3 S/R : 166.7

(0)

3.5 Dr. Pepper to Highlander999, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)
3.6 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 4
Dublin Destroyers 23/3 (RR : 5.75)
OffCutters 6 (9b)
Highlander999 3 (1b)
Dr. Pepper 2-0-10-1

4.1 Sydney Barnes to Highlander999,

Highlander999 run out Viv Richards
Runs : 3 Balls : 2 S/R : 150

(0)
4.2 Sydney Barnes to Hooper,

Hooper st Don Tallon b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)
4.3 Sydney Barnes to Biggy, One, Two, Three more added to the total. Well run! (3)
4.4 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
4.5 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
4.6 Sydney Barnes to OffCutters, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)

End of over 5
Dublin Destroyers 28/5 (RR : 5.6)
OffCutters 8 (12b)
Biggy 3 (1b)
Sydney Barnes 3-0-18-3

5.1 Dr. Pepper to Biggy, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
5.2 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
5.3 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, (4)
5.4 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
5.5 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, (4)
5.6 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, , Wide, one run (1)
5.6 Dr. Pepper to OffCutters, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He drops a glove and hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to just a single. (1)

End of over 6
Dublin Destroyers 43/5 (RR : 7.17)
Biggy 4 (2b)
OffCutters 21 (17b)
Dr. Pepper 3-0-25-1

6.1 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
6.2 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
6.3 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
6.4 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more in overthrows! The captain isn't happy! (3)
6.5 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
6.6 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 7
Dublin Destroyers 48/5 (RR : 6.86)
Biggy 4 (4b)
OffCutters 26 (21b)
Arslaan Khalid 1-0-5-0

7.1 The Spin to OffCutters, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
7.2 The Spin to OffCutters, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
7.3 The Spin to OffCutters, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
7.4 The Spin to OffCutters, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
7.5 The Spin to OffCutters, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
7.6 The Spin to OffCutters, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)

End of over 8
Dublin Destroyers 52/5 (RR : 6.5)
OffCutters 30 (27b)
Biggy 4 (4b)
The Spin 1-0-4-0

8.1 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
8.2 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, , No Ball. Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
8.2 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
8.3 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
8.4 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
8.5 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
8.6 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)

End of over 9
Dublin Destroyers 59/5 (RR : 6.56)
Biggy 6 (6b)
OffCutters 34 (32b)
Arslaan Khalid 2-0-12-0

9.1 The Spin to OffCutters, (4)
9.2 The Spin to OffCutters, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
9.3 The Spin to OffCutters, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
9.4 The Spin to Biggy, (4)
9.5 The Spin to Biggy, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
9.6 The Spin to OffCutters, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 10
Dublin Destroyers 71/5 (RR : 7.1)
OffCutters 41 (36b)
Biggy 11 (8b)
The Spin 2-0-16-0

10.1 07harrisb to Biggy, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
10.2 07harrisb to Biggy, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He drops a glove and hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to just a single. (1)
10.3 07harrisb to OffCutters, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.4 07harrisb to OffCutters, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
10.5 07harrisb to OffCutters, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
10.6 07harrisb to OffCutters, , No Ball. Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
10.6 07harrisb to Biggy, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)

End of over 11
Dublin Destroyers 76/5 (RR : 6.91)
Biggy 14 (11b)
OffCutters 42 (40b)
07harrisb 1-0-5-0

11.1 The Spin to OffCutters, (4)
11.2 The Spin to OffCutters, Down the track and driven through midwicket. There is no fielder in the deep so Long On has to run around to field it, and so in the meanwhile the batsmen get three. Poor bowling but good placement. (3)
11.3 The Spin to Biggy, (4)
11.4 The Spin to Biggy, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
11.5 The Spin to OffCutters, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
11.6 The Spin to OffCutters, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)

End of over 12
Dublin Destroyers 91/5 (RR : 7.58)
Biggy 19 (13b)
OffCutters 52 (44b)
The Spin 3-0-31-0

12.1 07harrisb to OffCutters, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
12.2 07harrisb to OffCutters, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
12.3 07harrisb to Biggy, (4)
12.4 07harrisb to Biggy, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
12.5 07harrisb to Biggy, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
12.6 07harrisb to Biggy, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 13
Dublin Destroyers 98/5 (RR : 7.54)
Biggy 25 (17b)
OffCutters 53 (46b)
07harrisb 2-0-12-0

13.1 Zorax Doom to OffCutters, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
13.2 Zorax Doom to OffCutters, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
13.3 Zorax Doom to OffCutters, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
13.4 Zorax Doom to Biggy, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
13.5 Zorax Doom to Biggy, One more to the total. (1)
13.6 Zorax Doom to OffCutters, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 14
Dublin Destroyers 101/5 (RR : 7.21)
Biggy 26 (19b)
OffCutters 55 (50b)
Zorax Doom 1-0-3-0

14.1 07harrisb to OffCutters, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
14.2 07harrisb to Biggy, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
14.3 07harrisb to Biggy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
14.4 07harrisb to Biggy, No shot offered. (0)
14.5 07harrisb to Biggy, (4)
14.6 07harrisb to Biggy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 15
Dublin Destroyers 108/5 (RR : 7.2)
Biggy 32 (24b)
OffCutters 56 (51b)
07harrisb 3-0-19-0

15.1 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, (6)
15.2 Arslaan Khalid to OffCutters, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
15.3 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
15.4 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
15.5 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
15.6 Arslaan Khalid to Biggy,

Biggy st Don Tallon b Arslaan Khalid
Runs : 34 Balls : 28 S/R : 121.4

(0)

End of over 16
Dublin Destroyers 117/6 (RR : 7.31)
Bart King 0 (0b)
OffCutters 63 (53b)
Arslaan Khalid 3-0-21-1

16.1 Zorax Doom to OffCutters, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
16.2 Zorax Doom to Bart King, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
16.3 Zorax Doom to Bart King,

Bart King c 07harrisb b Zorax Doom
Runs : 0 Balls : 2 S/R : 0

(0)
16.4 Zorax Doom to barmyarmy, (4)
16.5 Zorax Doom to barmyarmy, No shot offered. (0)
16.6 Zorax Doom to barmyarmy, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 17
Dublin Destroyers 124/7 (RR : 7.29)
barmyarmy 6 (3b)
OffCutters 64 (54b)
Zorax Doom 2-0-10-0

17.1 07harrisb to OffCutters, (6)
17.2 07harrisb to OffCutters, (4)
17.3 07harrisb to OffCutters,

OffCutters c Covvy b 07harrisb
Runs : 74 Balls : 57 S/R : 129.8

(0)
17.4 07harrisb to Malcolm Marshall, (4)
17.5 07harrisb to Malcolm Marshall, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
17.6 07harrisb to Malcolm Marshall, (6)

End of over 18
Dublin Destroyers 144/8 (RR : 8)
Malcolm Marshall 10 (3b)
barmyarmy 6 (3b)
07harrisb 4-0-39-1

18.1 Sydney Barnes to barmyarmy, No shot offered. (0)
18.2 Sydney Barnes to barmyarmy, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
18.3 Sydney Barnes to barmyarmy,

barmyarmy b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 6 Balls : 6 S/R : 100

(0)
18.4 Sydney Barnes to Hmarka, (6)
18.5 Sydney Barnes to Hmarka,

Hmarka lbw Sydney Barnes
Runs : 6 Balls : 2 S/R : 300

(0)

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 150
Wickets : 10
Overs : 18.5

__________________​

The second innings begins now

0.1 Malcolm Marshall to Covvy, (4)
0.2 Malcolm Marshall to Covvy, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
0.3 Malcolm Marshall to Covvy, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
0.4 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, (4)
0.5 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
0.6 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)

End of over 1
Manchester Divided 14/0 (RR : 14) Required RR(7.16)
Covvy 7 (3b)
KBC 7 (3b)
Malcolm Marshall 1-0-14-0

1.1 Bart King to KBC, (4)
1.2 Bart King to KBC, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
1.3 Bart King to Covvy,

Covvy b Bart King
Runs : 7 Balls : 4 S/R : 175

(0)

1.4 Bart King to Viv Richards, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
1.5 Bart King to Viv Richards, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
1.6 Bart King to Viv Richards, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 2
Manchester Divided 21/1 (RR : 10.5) Required RR(7.17)
Viv Richards 2 (3b)
KBC 12 (5b)
Bart King 1-0-7-1

2.1 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
2.2 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
2.3 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, (4)
2.4 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
2.5 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
2.6 Malcolm Marshall to KBC, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 3
Manchester Divided 32/1 (RR : 10.7) Required RR(6.94)
Viv Richards 2 (3b)
KBC 23 (11b)
Malcolm Marshall 2-0-25-0

3.1 Bart King to KBC, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
3.2 Bart King to KBC,

KBC run out Malcolm Marshall
Runs : 23 Balls : 13 S/R : 176.9

(0)
3.3 Bart King to Amiya, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
3.4 Bart King to Amiya,

Amiya run out Highlander999
Runs : 2 Balls : 2 S/R : 100

(0)

3.5 Bart King to 07harrisb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
3.6 Bart King to 07harrisb, (4)

End of over 4
Manchester Divided 38/3 (RR : 9.5) Required RR(7)
07harrisb 4 (2b)
Viv Richards 2 (3b)
Bart King 2-0-13-1

4.1 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
4.2 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He drops a glove and hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to just a single. (1)
4.3 Malcolm Marshall to 07harrisb, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
4.4 Malcolm Marshall to 07harrisb, Easy single. (1)
4.5 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, (4)
4.6 Malcolm Marshall to Viv Richards, (6)

End of over 5
Manchester Divided 50/3 (RR : 10) Required RR(6.67)
Viv Richards 13 (7b)
07harrisb 5 (4b)
Malcolm Marshall 3-0-37-0

5.1 Bart King to 07harrisb, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
5.2 Bart King to 07harrisb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
5.3 Bart King to 07harrisb, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
5.4 Bart King to 07harrisb,

07harrisb c Biggy b Bart King
Runs : 5 Balls : 8 S/R : 62.5

(0)

5.5 Bart King to Don Tallon,

Don Tallon b Bart King
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)

5.6 Bart King to The Spin, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 6
Manchester Divided 51/5 (RR : 8.5) Required RR(7.07)
Viv Richards 13 (7b)
The Spin 1 (1b)
Bart King 3-0-14-2

6.1 Hooper to The Spin, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
6.2 Hooper to The Spin, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He drops a glove and hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to just a single. (1)
6.3 Hooper to Viv Richards, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
6.4 Hooper to Viv Richards, , No Ball. That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
6.4 Hooper to Viv Richards, The run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman makes the dive...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding. 3 more! (3)
6.5 Hooper to The Spin, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
6.6 Hooper to Viv Richards, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 7
Manchester Divided 59/5 (RR : 8.43) Required RR(7)
Viv Richards 18 (11b)
The Spin 3 (4b)
Hooper 1-0-8-0

7.1 Biggy to The Spin, (4)
7.2 Biggy to The Spin, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
7.3 Biggy to The Spin, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
7.4 Biggy to The Spin, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
7.5 Biggy to The Spin, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
7.6 Biggy to Viv Richards, (4)

End of over 8
Manchester Divided 68/5 (RR : 8.5) Required RR(6.83)
Viv Richards 22 (12b)
The Spin 8 (9b)
Biggy 1-0-9-0

8.1 barmyarmy to The Spin, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
8.2 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Good running, two runs. (2)
8.3 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
8.4 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
8.5 barmyarmy to The Spin, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
8.6 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Down the track and driven through midwicket. There is no fielder in the deep so Long On has to run around to field it, and so in the meanwhile the batsmen get three. Poor bowling but good placement. (3)

End of over 9
Manchester Divided 76/5 (RR : 8.44) Required RR(6.73)
The Spin 10 (11b)
Viv Richards 28 (16b)
barmyarmy 1-0-8-0

9.1 Hooper to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
9.2 Hooper to Viv Richards, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
9.3 Hooper to Viv Richards, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
9.4 Hooper to Viv Richards, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
9.5 Hooper to Viv Richards, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
9.6 Hooper to Viv Richards, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)

End of over 10
Manchester Divided 83/5 (RR : 8.3) Required RR(6.7)
The Spin 10 (11b)
Viv Richards 35 (22b)
Hooper 2-0-15-0

10.1 Hmarka to Viv Richards, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
10.2 Hmarka to Viv Richards, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
10.3 Hmarka to The Spin, He's nailed that, but there is a man in the deep. This is out, it has to be, but the fielder loses balance as he catches the ball! He's falling over the rope! Showing great presence of mind, he tosses the ball back into the field, falls over, gets up, jumps back in over the boundary rope, and hurls (3)
10.4 Hmarka to Viv Richards, , No Ball. Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
10.4 Hmarka to The Spin, (4)
10.5 Hmarka to The Spin, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
10.6 Hmarka to The Spin, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)

End of over 11
Manchester Divided 97/5 (RR : 8.82) Required RR(5.89)
The Spin 21 (15b)
Viv Richards 37 (25b)
Hmarka 1-0-14-0

11.1 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
11.2 barmyarmy to The Spin, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
11.3 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
11.4 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
11.5 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
11.6 barmyarmy to The Spin, , No Ball. Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
11.6 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 12
Manchester Divided 104/5 (RR : 8.67) Required RR(5.75)
Viv Richards 41 (30b)
The Spin 23 (17b)
barmyarmy 2-0-15-0

12.1 Hooper to The Spin, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
12.2 Hooper to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
12.3 Hooper to The Spin, That was a very good delivery. (0)
12.4 Hooper to The Spin, (4)
12.5 Hooper to The Spin, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
12.6 Hooper to The Spin, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)

End of over 13
Manchester Divided 112/5 (RR : 8.62) Required RR(5.43)
The Spin 30 (22b)
Viv Richards 42 (31b)
Hooper 3-0-23-0

13.1 Biggy to Viv Richards, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
13.2 Biggy to Viv Richards, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
13.3 Biggy to Viv Richards, Easy single. (1)
13.4 Biggy to The Spin, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
13.5 Biggy to The Spin, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
13.6 Biggy to The Spin, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 14
Manchester Divided 113/5 (RR : 8.07) Required RR(6.17)
The Spin 30 (25b)
Viv Richards 43 (34b)
Biggy 2-0-10-0

14.1 Hmarka to Viv Richards, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
14.2 Hmarka to Viv Richards, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
14.3 Hmarka to Viv Richards, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
14.4 Hmarka to Viv Richards, (4)
14.5 Hmarka to Viv Richards, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
14.6 Hmarka to Viv Richards, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 15
Manchester Divided 121/5 (RR : 8.07) Required RR(5.8)
Viv Richards 51 (40b)
The Spin 30 (25b)
Hmarka 2-0-22-0

15.1 barmyarmy to The Spin, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
15.2 barmyarmy to The Spin, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
15.3 barmyarmy to The Spin, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
15.4 barmyarmy to The Spin, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
15.5 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
15.6 barmyarmy to Viv Richards, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)

End of over 16
Manchester Divided 127/5 (RR : 7.94) Required RR(5.75)
The Spin 35 (29b)
Viv Richards 52 (42b)
barmyarmy 3-0-21-0

16.1 Biggy to Viv Richards, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
16.2 Biggy to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
16.3 Biggy to The Spin, (6)
16.4 Biggy to The Spin, (4)
16.5 Biggy to The Spin, One more to the total. (1)
16.6 Biggy to Viv Richards, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 17
Manchester Divided 141/5 (RR : 8.29) Required RR(3)
Viv Richards 55 (45b)
The Spin 46 (32b)
Biggy 3-0-24-0

17.1 Hooper to The Spin, (6)
17.2 Hooper to The Spin, (4)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 151
Wickets : 5
Overs : 17.2

__________________​

Manchester United Register their first win in the competition over Dublin Destroyers. MAN D won the toss and decided to bowl first, sensibly enough, The Dusty pitch helped them grab early wickets and put Destroyers into Trouble. Thanks to a sensational 5'fer from Sydney Barnes having not completed his 4 over spell. But good batting by OffCutters and Biggy helped Dublin get a good total of 150. But it was never enough to challenge a strong side of MAN D, Though a similar and early breakthrough for DD raised their hopes but Viv Richards and TheSpin aren't the ones who would give up and led MAN D to a comfortable win with nearly 16 balls to spare.

Thank you for joining us, hope you enjoyed the match.

__________________​

Code:
Manchester Divided vs. Dublin Destroyers

Dublin Destroyers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Gary123                   c 07harrisb b Sydney Barnes    2    5   0   0     40
Jack Hobbs                          lbw Sydney Barnes    6    7   1   0  85.71
Simbazz                                lbw Dr. Pepper    5    3   1   0  166.7
[B]OffCutters                        c Covvy b 07harrisb   74   57   5   2  129.8[/B]
Highlander999                    run out Viv Richards    3    2   0   0    150
Hooper                  st Don Tallon b Sydney Barnes    0    1   0   0      0
Biggy                  st Don Tallon b Arslaan Khalid   34   28   4   0  121.4
Bart King                    c 07harrisb b Zorax Doom    0    2   0   0      0
barmyarmy                             b Sydney Barnes    6    6   1   0    100
Malcolm Marshall                              not out   10    3   1   1  333.3
Hmarka                              lbw Sydney Barnes    6    2   0   1    300

Total: 150                       Overs: 18.5                    Run Rate: 8.333

Extras : 4    No Balls : 3       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Divided Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
07harrisb                            4.0           0      39           1   9.75
The Spin                             3.0           0      31           0  10.33
Zorax Doom                           2.0           0      10           0      5
[B]Sydney Barnes                        3.5           0      24           5   6.26[/B]
Arslaan Khalid                       3.0           0      21           1      7
Dr. Pepper                           3.0           0      25           1   8.33

Total: 150                       Overs: 18.5                    Run Rate: 8.333

Extras : 4    No Balls : 3       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Divided Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Covvy                                     b Bart King    7    4   1   0    175
KBC                          run out Malcolm Marshall   23   13   3   0  176.9
[B]Viv Richards                                  not out   55   45   3   1  122.2[/B]
Amiya                           run out Highlander999    2    2   0   0    100
07harrisb                         c Biggy b Bart King    5    8   1   0   62.5
Don Tallon                                b Bart King    0    1   0   0      0
[B]The Spin                                      not out   56   34   5   2  164.7[/B]
Zorax Doom                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Sydney Barnes                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Arslaan Khalid                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Dr. Pepper                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 151                       Overs: 17.2                    Run Rate: 8.882

Extras : 3    No Balls : 3       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Dublin Destroyers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Hooper                               3.2           0      33           0    9.9
Biggy                                3.0           0      24           0      8
[B]Bart King                            3.0           0      14           2[/B]   4.67
barmyarmy                            3.0           0      21           0      7
Malcolm Marshall                     3.0           0      37           0  12.33
Hmarka                               2.0           0      22           0     11

Total: 151                       Overs: 17.2                    Run Rate: 8.882

Extras : 3    No Balls : 3       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Manchester Divided vs. Dublin Destroyers

Dublin Destroyers - 150/10 in 18.5 overs.
Manchester Divided - 151/5 in 17.2 overs.

Manchester Divided wins the match by 5 wickets

Man Of The Match: S. Barnes (5/24 off 3.5 overs)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread