Round 15: Beijing Blitzers vs. Dublin Destroyers @ The Golden Dragon Stadium (13/12/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We desperately need to win this.
Else, the semies will be bit difficult for us (Not playing it, winning it)

Gary123

School Cricketer
Come on Chinese people,We all know DD are clear winners.
Forfeit before you are humiliated:p

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sorry, Just change your mind. Start planning how to play against us, not asking us to forfeit as you know that you'll lose:cool:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gary your other team mates have given up..they know we won so I think you should join them and hide your faces from your dear fans.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It should be natural game rather. ;) That would do. Natural game without any pressure should win us the game.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Beijing Blitzers vs. Dublin Destroyers

@ The Golden Dragon Stadium

Welcome to what should be an exciting match. Dublin have to win this to survive, Beijing are desperate to win this to turn around their form slup. Dublin win the toss and choose to bowl in a match that has had plenty said about it, and plenty of people watching. The pitch is a batting paradise, so Dublin's decision does seem a bit odd, but let's see if it pays off...

0.1 Bart King to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Splendid shot for four! (4)
0.2 Bart King to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
0.3 Bart King to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
0.4 Bart King to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
0.5 Bart King to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Sharp reflexes, excellent catch! That's certainly going to be on the highlight reel.

Romesh Kaluwithrana c & b Bart King
Runs : 10 Balls : 5 S/R : 200

(0)
0.6 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)

End of over 1
Beijing Blitzers 12/1 (RR : 12)
Pranav Pathak 2 (1b)
Dean Jones 0 (0b)
Bart King 1-0-12-1

1.1 Biggy to Dean Jones, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
1.2 Biggy to Dean Jones, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
1.3 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
1.4 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
1.5 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
1.6 Biggy to Dean Jones, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 2
Beijing Blitzers 24/1 (RR : 12)
Dean Jones 7 (3b)
Pranav Pathak 7 (4b)
Biggy 1-0-12-0

2.1 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
2.2 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
2.3 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and cracks it up and over midwicket for six! Great shot, tremendous power! (6)
2.4 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
2.5 Bart King to Dean Jones, That's smashed hard into the crowd, its six! (6)
2.6 Bart King to Dean Jones, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 3
Beijing Blitzers 38/1 (RR : 12.7)
Pranav Pathak 14 (8b)
Dean Jones 14 (5b)
Bart King 2-0-26-1

3.1 Biggy to Dean Jones, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
3.2 Biggy to Dean Jones, No shot offered. (0)
3.3 Biggy to Dean Jones, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
3.4 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
3.5 Biggy to Dean Jones, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
3.6 Biggy to Dean Jones, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 4
Beijing Blitzers 44/1 (RR : 11)
Dean Jones 19 (10b)
Pranav Pathak 15 (9b)
Biggy 2-0-18-0

4.1 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
4.2 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
4.3 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
4.4 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, , Wide, one run (1)
4.4 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
4.5 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
4.6 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)

End of over 5
Beijing Blitzers 53/1 (RR : 10.6)
Pranav Pathak 23 (15b)
Dean Jones 19 (10b)
Bart King 3-0-35-1

5.1 Biggy to Dean Jones, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
5.2 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
5.3 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
5.4 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
5.5 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
5.6 Biggy to Dean Jones, That's gone high...really high...very very very high...it's lost in the sky...will someone catch this? The fielders all come under it...someone has to take it...oh yes he has! Splendid effort!

Dean Jones c Gary123 b Biggy
Runs : 20 Balls : 12 S/R : 166.7

(0)

End of over 6
Beijing Blitzers 67/2 (RR : 11.2)
Shalin Hitter 0 (0b)
Pranav Pathak 36 (19b)
Biggy 3-0-32-1

6.1 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
6.2 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, Easy single. (1)
6.3 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
6.4 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
6.5 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
6.6 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 7
Beijing Blitzers 79/2 (RR : 11.3)
Pranav Pathak 47 (24b)
Shalin Hitter 1 (1b)
Hooper 1-0-12-0

7.1 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, Splendid shot for four! (4)
7.2 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, That's a single. (1)
7.3 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, No shot offered. (0)
7.4 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
7.5 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
7.6 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 8
Beijing Blitzers 87/2 (RR : 10.9)
Shalin Hitter 6 (4b)
Pranav Pathak 50 (27b)
Hmarka 1-0-8-0

8.1 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
8.2 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
8.3 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
8.4 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
8.5 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
8.6 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 9
Beijing Blitzers 94/2 (RR : 10.4)
Shalin Hitter 11 (8b)
Pranav Pathak 52 (29b)
barmyarmy 1-0-7-0

9.1 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
9.2 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
9.3 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
9.4 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
9.5 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
9.6 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 10
Beijing Blitzers 101/2 (RR : 10.1)
Shalin Hitter 17 (11b)
Pranav Pathak 53 (32b)
Hmarka 2-0-15-0

10.1 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.2 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
10.3 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
10.4 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, , No Ball. Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
10.4 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
10.5 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
10.6 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 11
Beijing Blitzers 107/2 (RR : 9.73)
Shalin Hitter 21 (16b)
Pranav Pathak 54 (34b)
barmyarmy 2-0-13-0

11.1 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, That was a very good delivery. (0)
11.2 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
11.3 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
11.4 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
11.5 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
11.6 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 12
Beijing Blitzers 119/2 (RR : 9.92)
Pranav Pathak 65 (39b)
Shalin Hitter 22 (17b)
Hmarka 3-0-27-0

12.1 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
12.2 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
12.3 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
12.4 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
12.5 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
12.6 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, It's fancy dress competition time, and the winner is the lady dressed as a man who's dressed as a sheep! Well done Sir, uh I mean Ma'am, no Sir, no...ah forget it. In the meanwhile, the batsmen run three! Good running. (3)

End of over 13
Beijing Blitzers 130/2 (RR : 10)
Pranav Pathak 68 (41b)
Shalin Hitter 30 (21b)
barmyarmy 3-0-24-0

13.1 age of the fall to Shalin Hitter, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
13.2 age of the fall to Pranav Pathak, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
13.3 age of the fall to Pranav Pathak, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
13.4 age of the fall to Shalin Hitter, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
13.5 age of the fall to Shalin Hitter, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
13.6 age of the fall to Shalin Hitter, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 14
Beijing Blitzers 136/2 (RR : 9.71)
Shalin Hitter 33 (25b)
Pranav Pathak 71 (43b)
age of the fall 1-0-6-0

14.1 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
14.2 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Very well bowled. (0)
14.3 Hmarka to Pranav Pathak, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
14.4 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
14.5 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, No shot offered. (0)
14.6 Hmarka to Shalin Hitter, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 15
Beijing Blitzers 141/2 (RR : 9.4)
Shalin Hitter 33 (28b)
Pranav Pathak 76 (46b)
Hmarka 4-0-32-0

15.1 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
15.2 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Good running, two runs. (2)
15.3 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
15.4 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
15.5 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
15.6 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 16
Beijing Blitzers 148/2 (RR : 9.25)
Shalin Hitter 39 (33b)
Pranav Pathak 77 (47b)
Hooper 2-0-19-0

16.1 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
16.2 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
16.3 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
16.4 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
16.5 barmyarmy to Shalin Hitter, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
16.6 barmyarmy to Pranav Pathak, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)

End of over 17
Beijing Blitzers 160/2 (RR : 9.41)
Pranav Pathak 84 (50b)
Shalin Hitter 44 (36b)
barmyarmy 4-0-36-0

17.1 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
17.2 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
17.3 Hooper to Pranav Pathak, One more to the total. (1)
17.4 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
17.5 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
17.6 Hooper to Shalin Hitter, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 18
Beijing Blitzers 168/2 (RR : 9.33)
Shalin Hitter 51 (41b)
Pranav Pathak 85 (51b)
Hooper 3-0-27-0

18.1 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
18.2 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
18.3 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
18.4 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
18.5 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
18.6 Biggy to Pranav Pathak, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 19
Beijing Blitzers 170/2 (RR : 8.95)
Pranav Pathak 87 (57b)
Shalin Hitter 51 (41b)
Biggy 4-0-34-1

19.1 Bart King to Shalin Hitter, And that's been caught, by a man in the crowd! Six Runs! (6)
19.2 Bart King to Shalin Hitter, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
19.3 Bart King to Shalin Hitter, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
19.4 Bart King to Shalin Hitter, , Wide, one run (1)
19.4 Bart King to Shalin Hitter, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
19.5 Bart King to Pranav Pathak, Hit outside off stump, no shot offered, he?s given him!

Pranav Pathak lbw Bart King
Runs : 87 Balls : 58 S/R : 150

(0)
19.6 Bart King to Funknath, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)

End of over 20
Beijing Blitzers 182/3 (RR : 9.1)
Funknath 4 (1b)
Shalin Hitter 58 (45b)
Bart King 4-0-47-2

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 182
Wickets : 3
Overs : 20.0

A good bowling performance by Dublin to restrict Beijing to what should be a sub par score on a flat pitch. Pranav played well, but Shalin's fifty took too long, and Dublin will fancy chasing this score down. Beijing will need to bowl exceptionally well to win this, especially against a Dublin side that have nothing to lose...

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Well played Pranav...Shalin should have smashed the ball more...Funknath was needed then ;) anyways hope we can win this one

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
On the flat pitch, 182 is going to be challenging one. Yes, Shalin should have gone for more smashing. But we do have 5 specialist bowlers. No excuse if we fail to defend it. :mad:

And moving Pranav to no 3 seems to be a good move. ;) Well played PP.:hpraise

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Welcome back folks as Dublin prepare to chase down their target of 183 to win. News has broken out that Chennai won their match in a last-ball thriller, and as a result Dublin has been eliminated from the contest. The Dublin fans have left the stadium (presumably to drown their sorrows in Guinness), and the Destroyers have nothing else left to play for but pride. Simbazz and Highlander have made their way out, lets begin proceedings...

0.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, Very well bowled. (0)
0.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
0.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, No shot offered. (0)
0.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, Easy single. (1)
0.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
0.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)

End of over 1
Dublin Destroyers 6/0 (RR : 6) Required RR(9.26)
Simbazz 5 (4b)
Highlander999 1 (2b)
Shantanu_Rooney 1-0-6-0

1.1 Surendar to Highlander999, He takes a step down the track and turns an attempted yorker into a full-toss, and dispatches it over long-on for six! (6)
1.2 Surendar to Highlander999, That's a single. (1)
1.3 Surendar to Simbazz, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
1.4 Surendar to Simbazz, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
1.5 Surendar to Simbazz, Easy single. (1)
1.6 Surendar to Highlander999, , No Ball. Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
1.6 Surendar to Simbazz, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 2
Dublin Destroyers 16/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(9.22)
Simbazz 6 (8b)
Highlander999 9 (5b)
Surendar 1-0-10-0

2.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
2.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
2.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, That was a very good delivery. (0)
2.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
2.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Highlander999, Reverse sweep, and he's missed completely! Boy that's humiliating!

Highlander999 b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 17 Balls : 10 S/R : 170

(0)
2.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Jack Hobbs, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 3
Dublin Destroyers 25/1 (RR : 8.33) Required RR(9.24)
Simbazz 6 (8b)
Jack Hobbs 1 (1b)
Shantanu_Rooney 2-0-15-1

3.1 Surendar to Jack Hobbs, Short ball outside offstump, the batsman rocks back to cut it and sends it up and over point for six! (6)
3.2 Surendar to Jack Hobbs, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
3.3 Surendar to Jack Hobbs, No shot offered. (0)
3.4 Surendar to Jack Hobbs, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
3.5 Surendar to Jack Hobbs, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
3.6 Surendar to Jack Hobbs, He defends with the bat and pad tucked together, and the bowler goes up in appeal. Hard to tell if it was bat first or pad first, but the umpire thinks it was off the bat and he's got to go!

Jack Hobbs lbw Surendar
Runs : 7 Balls : 7 S/R : 100

(0)

End of over 4
Dublin Destroyers 31/2 (RR : 7.75) Required RR(9.44)
Offcutters 0 (0b)
Simbazz 6 (8b)
Surendar 2-0-16-1

4.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
4.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
4.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
4.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Simbazz, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
4.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, That was a very good delivery. (0)
4.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 5
Dublin Destroyers 36/2 (RR : 7.2) Required RR(9.73)
Offcutters 1 (3b)
Simbazz 10 (11b)
Shantanu_Rooney 3-0-20-1

5.1 Surendar to Simbazz, No shot offered. (0)
5.2 Surendar to Simbazz, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
5.3 Surendar to Offcutters, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
5.4 Surendar to Offcutters, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
5.5 Surendar to Offcutters, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
5.6 Surendar to Offcutters, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 6
Dublin Destroyers 41/2 (RR : 6.83) Required RR(10.1)
Offcutters 5 (7b)
Simbazz 11 (13b)
Surendar 3-0-21-1

6.1 Bladescape to Simbazz, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
6.2 Bladescape to Offcutters, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
6.3 Bladescape to Simbazz, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
6.4 Bladescape to Offcutters, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
6.5 Bladescape to Offcutters, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
6.6 Bladescape to Simbazz, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 7
Dublin Destroyers 46/2 (RR : 6.57) Required RR(10.5)
Offcutters 7 (10b)
Simbazz 14 (16b)
Bladescape 1-0-5-0

7.1 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
7.2 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, Very well bowled. (0)
7.3 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
7.4 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
7.5 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
7.6 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)

End of over 8
Dublin Destroyers 52/2 (RR : 6.5) Required RR(10.8)
Simbazz 20 (22b)
Offcutters 7 (10b)
Giggity Giggity 1-0-6-0

8.1 Bladescape to Offcutters, Easy single. (1)
8.2 Bladescape to Simbazz, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
8.3 Bladescape to Simbazz, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
8.4 Bladescape to Simbazz, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
8.5 Bladescape to Simbazz, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
8.6 Bladescape to Simbazz, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 9
Dublin Destroyers 59/2 (RR : 6.56) Required RR(11.2)
Simbazz 26 (27b)
Offcutters 8 (11b)
Bladescape 2-0-12-0

9.1 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
9.2 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
9.3 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
9.4 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, That was a very good delivery. (0)
9.5 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
9.6 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, , No Ball. He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
9.6 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)

End of over 10
Dublin Destroyers 67/2 (RR : 6.7) Required RR(11.5)
Simbazz 27 (30b)
Offcutters 14 (15b)
Giggity Giggity 2-0-14-0

10.1 Bladescape to Offcutters, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
10.2 Bladescape to Simbazz, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
10.3 Bladescape to Simbazz, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.4 Bladescape to Offcutters, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
10.5 Bladescape to Offcutters, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
10.6 Bladescape to Offcutters, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)

End of over 11
Dublin Destroyers 81/2 (RR : 7.36) Required RR(11.2)
Offcutters 23 (19b)
Simbazz 32 (32b)
Bladescape 3-0-26-0

11.1 Manee to Simbazz, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
11.2 Manee to Simbazz, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
11.3 Manee to Simbazz, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.4 Manee to Simbazz, , No Ball. Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.4 Manee to Simbazz, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
11.5 Manee to Offcutters, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
11.6 Manee to Simbazz, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)

End of over 12
Dublin Destroyers 94/2 (RR : 7.83) Required RR(11)
Simbazz 43 (38b)
Offcutters 24 (20b)
Manee 1-0-13-0

12.1 John Bracewell to Offcutters, , No Ball. Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
12.1 John Bracewell to Offcutters, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
12.2 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
12.3 John Bracewell to Offcutters, That's a single. (1)
12.4 John Bracewell to Simbazz, One more to the total. (1)
12.5 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
12.6 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 13
Dublin Destroyers 104/2 (RR : 8) Required RR(11.1)
Simbazz 44 (39b)
Offcutters 32 (26b)
John Bracewell 1-0-10-0

13.1 Bladescape to Offcutters, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
13.2 Bladescape to Offcutters, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
13.3 Bladescape to Offcutters, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
13.4 Bladescape to Offcutters, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
13.5 Bladescape to Offcutters, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
13.6 Bladescape to Simbazz, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 14
Dublin Destroyers 111/2 (RR : 7.93) Required RR(11.8)
Simbazz 44 (40b)
Offcutters 39 (31b)
Bladescape 4-0-33-0

14.1 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
14.2 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
14.3 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
14.4 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
14.5 Giggity Giggity to Offcutters, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
14.6 Giggity Giggity to Simbazz, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 15
Dublin Destroyers 124/2 (RR : 8.27) Required RR(11.6)
Simbazz 46 (41b)
Offcutters 50 (36b)
Giggity Giggity 3-0-27-0

15.1 John Bracewell to Offcutters, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
15.2 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
15.3 John Bracewell to Simbazz, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
15.4 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
15.5 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
15.6 John Bracewell to Simbazz, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 16
Dublin Destroyers 131/2 (RR : 8.19) Required RR(12.8)
Simbazz 47 (43b)
Offcutters 56 (40b)
John Bracewell 2-0-17-0

16.1 Manee to Offcutters, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
16.2 Manee to Offcutters, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
16.3 Manee to Offcutters, No shot offered. (0)
16.4 Manee to Offcutters, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
16.5 Manee to Offcutters, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
16.6 Manee to Offcutters, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 17
Dublin Destroyers 144/2 (RR : 8.47) Required RR(12.7)
Simbazz 47 (43b)
Offcutters 69 (46b)
Manee 2-0-26-0

17.1 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
17.2 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
17.3 John Bracewell to Offcutters, That was a very good delivery. (0)
17.4 John Bracewell to Offcutters, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
17.5 John Bracewell to Simbazz, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
17.6 John Bracewell to Simbazz, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)

End of over 18
Dublin Destroyers 157/2 (RR : 8.72) Required RR(12.5)
Simbazz 55 (45b)
Offcutters 74 (50b)
John Bracewell 3-0-30-0

18.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
18.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
18.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
18.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
18.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
18.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Offcutters, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)

End of over 19
Dublin Destroyers 169/2 (RR : 8.89) Required RR(13)
Offcutters 86 (56b)
Simbazz 55 (45b)
Shantanu_Rooney 4-0-32-1

19.1 Surendar to Simbazz, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
19.2 Surendar to Simbazz, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
19.3 Surendar to Simbazz, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
19.4 Surendar to Simbazz, That was a running effort that would make Owais Shah proud. And that isn't a good thing.

Simbazz run out Shalin Hitter
Runs : 59 Balls : 49 S/R : 120.4

(0)
19.5 Surendar to Gary123, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
19.6 Surendar to Gary123, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)

End of over 20
Dublin Destroyers 178/3 (RR : 8.9) Required RR(1.#J)
Offcutters 86 (56b)
Gary123 5 (2b)
Surendar 4-0-30-1

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 178
Wickets : 3
Overs : 20.0

Beijing has stunned us all, yet again, by defending their score of 182 with a fantastic bowling performance! Dublin's runchase never really kicked off - they got just 41 runs in the powerplay and lost star batsman Hobbs early. With a required rate of 10 an over, Dublin looked out of it, the dressing room silent as they realised they had nothing left to play for. Offcutters lit up the innings though with a valiant, unbeaten 86 off 56, playing shots all over the ground, but never got the support he needed from Simbazz who plodded along to 59 off 49 balls from the other end. With 14 runs needed off the last over, a Dublin win was still very possible, but Suren kept things tight and dismissed Simbazz to leave Dublin 5 runs short. Beijing are back on track, and Dublin are out of the competition!

Code:
Dublin Destroyers vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Romesh Kaluwithrana                   c & b Bart King   10    5   2   0    200
Dean Jones                          c Gary123 b Biggy   20   12   1   2  166.7
Pranav Pathak                           lbw Bart King   87   58  11   1    150
Shalin Hitter                                 not out   58   45   7   1  128.9
Funknath                                      not out    4    1   1   0    400
Giggity Giggity                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
John Bracewell                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Manee                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bladescape                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Shantanu_Rooney                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Surendar                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 182                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 9.1

Extras : 3    No Balls : 1       Wides : 2    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dublin Destroyers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Hooper                               3.0           0      27           0      9
Biggy                                4.0           0      34           1    8.5
Bart King                            4.0           0      47           2  11.75
barmyarmy                            4.0           0      36           0      9
Hmarka                               4.0           0      32           0      8
age of the fall                      1.0           0       6           0      6

Total: 182                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 9.1

Extras : 3    No Balls : 1       Wides : 2    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dublin Destroyers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Simbazz                         run out Shalin Hitter   59   49   9   0  120.4
Highlander999                       b Shantanu_Rooney   17   10   1   1    170
Jack Hobbs                               lbw Surendar    7    7   0   1    100
Offcutters                                    not out   86   56  11   0  153.6
Gary123                                       not out    5    2   1   0    250
Hooper                                            dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Biggy                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bart King                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
barmyarmy                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Hmarka                                            dnb    0    0   0   0      0
age of the fall                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 178                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.9

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Beijing Blitzers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Giggity Giggity                      3.0           0      27           0      9
John Bracewell                       3.0           0      30           0     10
Manee                                2.0           0      26           0     13
Bladescape                           4.0           0      33           0   8.25
Shantanu_Rooney                      4.0           0      32           1      8
Surendar                             4.0           0      30           1    7.5

Total: 178                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.9

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Dublin Destroyers vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers - 182/3 in 20.0 overs. 
Dublin Destroyers - 178/3 in 20.0 overs. 

Beijing Blitzers wins the match by 4 runs

Man of The Match - PranavPathak, for his matchwinning 87.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
congrats on the win guys! We have entered the semis on a winning note :D lets continue this form in the semis also

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Wow, fantastic performance. :hpraise We did it in the end. Lets enter the semis with the same winning confidence note. Com'on boys, well done :banana2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread