RPIC 2005 or Cricket 2005???

DS_4_life

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am looking to buy a new cricket game either Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005 or Cricket 2005(EA). I have read some reviews and it sounds like RPIC is better, but Cricket 2005 is selling more copies so I dont know which 1 to get. Also are the games exactly the same on Xbox as they are on PC, because I want to buy the game for Xbox.

the reason why cricket 2005 is selling more copies is because its been out way more longer than RPIC in australia. RPIC is better in my opinion but cricket 2005 is okay i guess.

Well they both suck but at least Cricket 2005 gives you some control over what you do. The points that would drive me away from RPIC are the bowling speed issue (150 kph followed by 50, come on), the lack of autoplay (no matter what your feelings towards it bowling the opposition out for 80 every time does not make a good game), the lack of control over your shots (basic requirement in a game imo) and the fact that neither you or the cpu can even leave the ball (does it get any more basic?). But then again I'm biased because Codies promised the world and delivered nothing- if you desperately need a cricket game get cricket 2005, at least the great variety of patches available make it reasonably playable, but if you're not overly concerned with needing a game don't waste your money.

Also, the reason behind RPIC getting better reviews is because the reviewers mostly aren't cricket gamers and appreciate the arcade style, easiness and lack of realism or control, they all rated C2k5 down because it was too hard for them.

brad352 said:
Well they both suck but at least Cricket 2005 gives you some control over what you do. The points that would drive me away from RPIC are the bowling speed issue (150 kph followed by 50, come on), the lack of autoplay (no matter what your feelings towards it bowling the opposition out for 80 every time does not make a good game), the lack of control over your shots (basic requirement in a game imo) and the fact that neither you or the cpu can even leave the ball (does it get any more basic?). But then again I'm biased because Codies promised the world and delivered nothing- if you desperately need a cricket game get cricket 2005, at least the great variety of patches available make it reasonably playable, but if you're not overly concerned with needing a game don't waste your money.

Also, the reason behind RPIC getting better reviews is because the reviewers mostly aren't cricket gamers and appreciate the arcade style, easiness and lack of realism or control, they all rated C2k5 down because it was too hard for them.

Well I will be buying one of them so it looks like Cricket 2005.

honestly, buy neither:) , cricket 2005 is boring as hell RPIC is fun but with no autoplay its boring:(

langerrox said:
honestly, buy neither:) , cricket 2005 is boring as hell RPIC is fun but with no autoplay its boring:(

Well I am only gona end up paying $10 Australian for it so I will buy 1. What is autoplay????

Don't buy Cricket 2005 for Xbox. ;)
It is impossible to save matches. :rolleyes:

Simple, the save option got left out of the xbox version for some reason. Autoplay is where the computer generates an innings for you, it's handy because bowling teams out for 80 every time is no fun and can give you a decent total to chase, or vice versa.

If there is no save option...the game is pointless cause you have to start over again...like WTF???

DS_4_life said:
If there is no save option...the game is pointless cause you have to start over again...like WTF???
You can save at the end of the match.

IMO get RPIC, even with its faults it CRAPS all over Cricket 2005. Cricket 2005 is just sooo boring and why play games to get bored???

Well, I have just bought "Ricky Pontings" and I am absolutely loving it! My mate bought Cricket 2005 and he likes it but he says it is pretty hard. Either way, you're in for good times. I would personally suggest RPIC tho. :-)

A while ago i would have said Ea Cricket 2005. But now i say go for RPIC. Great game once you get used to it. A player editor can be used to adjust the cpu batting, so they make large totals.

Users who are viewing this thread