LEAGUE Rugby league live 2 gets 2013 rosters with downloadable content

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I do wonder though that how can company like Big Ant can afford to create different sports title with a limited resources. It is understandable that EA has different teams working out for different sports title but I suppose you don't have that luxury and have the same team working on different sports titles but then again it puts me in a question that how can the same developers get every little detail of individual games right even with 3 different sports. Surely, you don't have a whole team who follows 3 sports very closely?

Regardless of how you pull this off, hats off to you and your whole team for your dedication and continuous support even after the release!

They're Australians, I think there's a pretty good chance you could find a group of guys in Australia who are all fans of rugby league, Aussie Rules and cricket.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I do wonder though that how can company like Big Ant can afford to create different sports title with a limited resources. It is understandable that EA has different teams working out for different sports title but I suppose you don't have that luxury and have the same team working on different sports titles but then again it puts me in a question that how can the same developers get every little detail of individual games right even with 3 different sports. Surely, you don't have a whole team who follows 3 sports very closely?

Regardless of how you pull this off, hats off to you and your whole team for your dedication and continuous support even after the release!

Cricket and AFL are played on the same field so not to hard to use same stuff from each game, some goes for League as well. I bet after cricket there next game will get the improvements from cricket and put right in. Good news for sport fans I say.

----------

To Ross the support for your games is amazing and we can already say when cricket is release and when we find faults you will fix them, to be honest I hope Trickstar/505 games also does after game help not just DLC. Thanks.:clap

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If think by taking time to support a free Beta over a weekend, that and the track record of AFL, RLL2 having all had patches and DLC, I think we have shown our support for our products.

Melbourne *is* the home of sport. Take an aerial picture and it is just a city of connected stadia - we are sport MAD. They even play state of origin Rugby League here, NSW vs Queensland played in Victoria!!

Nearly all on our team are passionate about sport in general, all are passionate about one sport at least, you have to be!

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant

There is a lot of re-use between sports games in terms of technology. A big advantage we have is that while Ashes uses the Licensed and very generic Unity engine (they did not create "this engine from scratch" as claimed, nor do they own it), we are using our very mature and targeted sports engine that has shipped many successful titles.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I thought they claimed that game was built from scratch. I dont remember them bragging about creating a brand new engine unless I missed something.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
If think by taking time to support a free Beta over a weekend, that and the track record of AFL, RLL2 having all had patches and DLC, I think we have shown our support for our products.

Melbourne *is* the home of sport. Take an aerial picture and it is just a city of connected stadia - we are sport MAD. They even play state of origin Rugby League here, NSW vs Queensland played in Victoria!!

Nearly all on our team are passionate about sport in general, all are passionate about one sport at least, you have to be!

How many of your team are cricket nuts ross.

----------

There is a lot of re-use between sports games in terms of technology. A big advantage we have is that while Ashes uses the Licensed and very generic Unity engine (they did not create "this engine from scratch" as claimed, nor do they own it), we are using our very mature and targeted sports engine that has shipped many successful titles.

Unity engine you say, not from scratch, why would they lie to us.:spy

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
How many of your team are cricket nuts ross.

----------

Unity engine you say, not from scratch, why would they lie to us.:spy

I can only tell you the facts, the motivation behind the statements I cannot answer.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I thought they claimed that game was built from scratch. I dont remember them bragging about creating a brand new engine unless I missed something.

Well, then let's look at some of the claims:

Chief said:
I?m just going to re-iterate that the game is brand new and everything in it is new; motion capture, sounds effects. All built from scratch in order to implement some aspects of the game we thought were most lacking in earlier cricket titles.

Chief said:
Everything is brand new. Absolutely *everything*.

Conflicting information. Someone is either misinformed, misled, or not being completely truthful.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I can only tell you the facts, the motivation behind the statements I cannot answer.

To be honest ross I don't care if they have lied a little, if the game is good and a big step up from ic2010 then i'm happy, your game is a different beast. If everything goes as well as it sounds by your writing then ashes does not stand a chance. Still I could expect a great and good cricket game in this world, maybe Trickstar will make a AFL game next ross.:p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Ross did Big Ant and Ashes have the same time period to finish the game? Got any facts on that?

Well... Now that you mention it, I am not sure as they said 18 months dev but in subsequent interviews they have said that they were on it for three years... same guy different answers too - not that it really matters as apparently they've made 5000 cricket games to date and have been making them for 50 years or whatever stupid number they came up with, but they weren't involved in any bad ones :p

We've been on ours for years off and on between projects.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
To be honest ross I don't care if they have lied a little, if the game is good and a big step up from ic2010 then i'm happy, your game is a different beast. If everything goes as well as it sounds by your writing then ashes does not stand a chance. Still I could expect a great and good cricket game in this world, maybe Trickstar will make a AFL game next ross.:p
Hmm... that's where you and I differ. You gotta be straight up honest with your customers, even if we are just a small number of unknowns on PlanetCricket.

Users who are viewing this thread