Run Outs

Mack

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has any one ever got a run out on BLIC against the CPU.I know that you get 5 points 4 a run out.but has any 1 actually achieved 1.

I've never had one. This is something that annoys me about the game because in the FOTD we were promised something along the lines of if you hit the line on the throw you hit the stumps and button 2 would throw to the bowlers end. I feel that the fielding metre is totally useless; it makes no difference whether you get it perfect or nowhere near. It's also completely dumb when mid on/off throw to the keeper with the near stumps at their mercy.

Here we go:
Features promised by RubberGenius said:
Fielding

* Again, with fielding throwing the ball is an art in itself and makes the game a lot more realistic, especially when it comes to the fielding aspect of the game. It's not the boring part of a Cricket game any longer.
* "Throwing the ball from a fielder will be controlled by a meter shown on-screen. Throw it within the zone and it'll go to the wicket keeper/bowler (whoever is protecting the stumps). Throw it when it's on the line and you'll hit the stumps (obviously the further you are away from the stumps, the smaller the line).
Miss the zone in the meter altogether, and it'll be a misthrow or overthrow."
* "While playing a game as the bowling/fielding side, you automatically field the ball to the most dangerous end of the wicket (the one that will most likely result in an out), rather than having a choice of wickets to aim for."

I am yet to get a run out, never looked like getting one.

BLIC/RPIC is a piece of **** for realism IMO, but its still kind of fun. Codies really failed this time.

I got Lara out from a throw from the covers. Don't think it was a direct hit, and it was JUST out.
It was the only way I was going to break the Lara-Tendulkar partnership.
Only happened once, though, and not in a ODI.

Steeev said:
I got Lara out from a throw from the covers. Don't think it was a direct hit, and it was JUST out.
It was the only way I was going to break the Lara-Tendulkar partnership.
Only happened once, though, and not in a ODI.
I barly get consulted by the 3rd umprie and never got a computer run out

One thing that does annoy me is that the computer always gets a massive confidence boost when a runout gets referred to the third umpire. I wouldn't mind so much if this was only occassional but some of the decisions that get referred are ridiculous. Regularly the batsman will be past the keeper when he recieves the ball and they will still refer!

barmyarmy said:
One thing that does annoy me is that the computer always gets a massive confidence boost when a runout gets referred to the third umpire. I wouldn't mind so much if this was only occassional but some of the decisions that get referred are ridiculous. Regularly the batsman will be past the keeper when he recieves the ball and they will still refer!

Yeah, that is bad. It's just as annoying as when the keeper whips the bails off even though the batsman got in about 3 seconds before.

Liam Williams said:
Yeah, that is bad. It's just as annoying as when the keeper whips the bails off even though the batsman got in about 3 seconds before.

They should of had direct hits

Users who are viewing this thread