run outs

embi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but has anyone ever run out the computer? Ive heard stories of people getting a couple of inches close against teams like bangladesh, but I swear, the computer just run out Brian Lara. And by a good few feet as well. So random.

Ive got one piccy below, but I know that this is hard to believe. Any ideas on what picture to capture to prove that this was the computer?

Attachments

• runout.JPG
    runout.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 287
duded 64 said:
use fraps to prove it

What's wrong with the screen that's there?
I've never had one although it always annoys me the bowler gains confidence from 3rd umpire referrals when I'm in by miles.

I have to say this is the first time I have ever seen an AI batsman get run out... I haven't even come close enough to run out an AI batsman on BLIC. Off course, it doesn't help that AI doesn't run at all even if the ball goes to 3rd man or fine leg, they hardly take a double (never seen AI take 3 runs) and you can't throw at bowler's end!

By the way, where did the AI batsman play the ball and where was the fielder posted. Tell us about your field positioning (how you had set up the field), the bowler who was bowling, the batsmen who were at the crease etc. and I will try replicating a run out. Who knows I might actually get a run out in my favor :)

@Duded64, I didn't really have much time to open fraps and set it up, it was all on my printscreen reaction.
@Alfabeta, it was very random, I have never ever heard of an ai batsman getting run out, and especially not brian lara, i can't remember much about the field settings, looking at the screenie it looks like I have a short leg, so that must have been my very attacking field, I'll take a screenshot of the field settings screen.
I think Lara was on strike, he played a shot, musta gone to the covers or something and he tried going for two. Maybe the best thing to do is sitck with that field setting for ages and just wait for the batsman to play the right shot... I'll get some screenies up later of the field.

I've never run-out the computer, they've run me out though. I'm always running even though I don't mean to press the button.

hondeyho said:
I've never run-out the computer, they've run me out though. I'm always running even though I don't mean to press the button.

Same applies to me, sometimes i accidentally press the run button before the batsman finish running.

barmyarmy said:
What's wrong with the screen that's there?
I've never had one although it always annoys me the bowler gains confidence from 3rd umpire referrals when I'm in by miles.

Yes that is frustrating.

Has anyone had any success with that field? I think the computer must have played an attacking shot on the off side, and the silly mid off must have chased it or something. It was extrodinary.

Silly mid off actually moved? Usually the ball goes past him and he just stands their like a prick.

:D
It was either him or the poor cover fielder ran in and still managed to run lara out.
I suppose even making him the only off side fielder will keep him there, the bowler would run.
The silly mid offs also tend to have amazing catching abilities, diving forward a couple of yards.

i just run out Brian Lara, it was taking me forever to get him out then i brought in shane warne and he got run out lol, believe e im australia

heres sum pics i got to capture

Attachments

• lara run out.jpg
    lara run out.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 171
That's pretty good. So the AI does get run out on BLIC!

By the way, are you using any patches? I was wondering if patches have anything to do with the run out? Coz on Ps2, with no patches, I haven't even come close to referring the decision to the 3rd umpire when AI is batting. In fact they hardly run at all and run 1 when 2 are on offer.

alfa_beta said:
That's pretty good. So the AI does get run out on BLIC!

By the way, are you using any patches? I was wondering if patches have anything to do with the run out? Coz on Ps2, with no patches, I haven't even come close to referring the decision to the 3rd umpire when AI is batting. In fact they hardly run at all and run 1 when 2 are on offer.

What patches? If you mean editing player run speed, well my game was unedited. But as someone else has shown, it is possible to run out the AI. and both times it was Brian Lara! Incidentally, who ran him out? I think it was Chris Gayle for me. Also, what field did you use, and what shot did the batsman play?

Users who are viewing this thread