SA vs Aus

aussie1st said:
Its fine, I get my times from cricinfo. The only one I could have stuffed up is the NZ WI one cause it says previous days but that should be fine also.

Also to clear things up. The Prizes were a ONE off. Now we are back to the normal vCash only.
Just out of interest, due to reading this thread I'm intrigued, what were the prizes?

It was dam hard picking the right players. It's so hard leaving any of the Aussie batters out plus SA have a few in good form. Then there is hard calls in the bowling department that needs to be made.

aussie1st said:
It was dam hard picking the right players. It's so hard leaving any of the Aussie batters out plus SA have a few in good form. Then there is hard calls in the bowling department that needs to be made.
I agree,i hope this time my team performs well.

All those having problems choosing an all rounder, well it seems Pollock will be ruled out so your decision basically have been made for you :)
I also just edited my team so that function is working now.

Actually I've been reading it was unsure he would play. I didnt want to risk it, so I didn't select him in my team.

But I didn't see any confirmation he is officially ruled out for the match.

Bowling is a less tricky...i chose Lee, Warne, Nel and Ntini...as they are the bowlers in form. Batting is much trickier. Its hard to go with Gilchrist or Boucher, and there are so many talents that you have to compromise one over other...expecting them to have a good test.

Lee to me is fatigued so I didn't pick him yet. Kasper isn't the worse in Test matches and if all goes right he can bag a fair few wickets on his day. Same with MacGill so there is other options but you basically have the main 4.

you're right. Lee has to cope with the pressure of being the strike bowler, and he has the tendency to break down.

why to risk for pollock if you got lot of players to choose from, here is my team of this game :

Matthew Hayden
Mike Hussey
Ricky Ponting
Graeme Smith
Andrew Symonds
Adam Gilchrist
Jacques Kallis
Stuart Clark
Brett Lee
Shane Warne
Makhaya Ntini

Captain : Jacques Kallis
Bonus 1 : Shane Warne
Bonus 2 : Matthew Hayden
Bonus 3 : Graeme Smith
Bonus 4 : Andrew Symonds

not a good selection but if it works it will surely rock.

Clark thats interesting, I have kasper :) Obviously one of us will be wrong, but hopefully you are still online to edit your side if as I expect Kasper starts. I basically have the same side as yours bar Clark and Smith. My captain is Warne.

so this time only 2 players will make difference in our spots, lets see who will win this time, but as usual captain have to play a big role in that.

Users who are viewing this thread