Sad isn't it?

Not yet, ended my Pakistan series 1-4 (ODIs). About to embark on my Ashes now:o Dont know how I will go. I will try Anderson in the tour matches. I will try 5 fast bowlers, who ever is in form leading into the Test matches will be picked - reputation in real life counts for nothing in ICC06;).

HOLY CRAP! 600 Test wickets! Thats ridiculous! I will defiantly try him! Was he just good to start off with or did you coach him well?

Here is how my line up looked in my last Test;

But Iam going to go in with one looking like this in the 1st Ashes Test;

Tresser
Cook
Vaughan (C)
KP
Key
Bell
Flintoff
Davies (WK)
Anderson
Hoggard
Panesar

I could trade Tremlett/Mahmood/Plunkett with Hoggard, and take out the extra batsman (Key or Bell) with another bowler.

This line up any good?

Yeah i'd go with that line-up only i'd replace Key with a bowler. Preferably Plunkett.

Oh and yeah, Anderson started off insanely good. He's always been brilliant.

Okay. Iam picking my tour for the 06/07 Ashes. Do I pick Collingwood and Stuart Broad?

Definitely. Use Colly for the ODI's and Broad is great back-up in case of injury.

Rightio. Sh!t! I forgot about Davies (the keeper)! Now I am stuck with Prior!

Oh yeah, true. Cheers for the tips.

Iam gonna play some San Andreas, online.

Okay, here is how they bowled in the match against NSW.

:eek: Didnt notice that!

I chose this line up for the opening Test;

Tresser
Cook
Vaughan
KP
Key
Flintoff
Prior
Plunkett
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

I think I shoulda picked Ian Bell, but o well.

EDIT: Hussey = God!

Last edited:
Yeah, I must admit.

I have lost the first 2 tests, quite convincingly.

ive played a lot as england and id recommend that you drop prior and play tresco as your keeper.
get strauss in as your extra batsman
put KP at 3 and bell and key are veru similar, but id prob go with bell.
for bowlers your in pretty good shape, you gotta have anderson and hoggard with flitoff as well, even if he is a better batsman than bowler in icc which is clearly wrong.
monty is good for england at the start but by the 3rd season you have simple got to play munday, play both on turning wickets and just munday on a non turning wicket. panesar got 300+ and munday 600+ test wickets, and mundays not retired yet.

also munday is fantastic with the bat

the other seamer is a little trickey,youve gon for plunkett who is pretty good but can be expensive, same as mahmood. id go for broad as he will take over 500 test wickets if he gets played from the start.

my test side for england would prob be

Tresco (K)
Strauss
KP
Vaughan (C)
Cook
Bell
Flintoff
Munday
Broad
Hoggard
Anderson

Yeah i'd go with that line-up only i'd replace Key with a bowler. Preferably Plunkett.

Oh and yeah, Anderson started off insanely good. He's always been brilliant.

He retired/disappeared on my game :mad

My team:

Vaughan
Cook
KP
Bell
Colly
Flintoff
Prior
Jones
Harmison
Panesar
Hoggard

I find it hard to fit Rashid in, I really should find a way though.

I have about 70-75 test hundreds between those 7.

hows harmison done for you sureshot?
he was allways dissapointing for me, and i had the same problem with jones as you do with rashid, i allways wantewd to play him but was allways no room for him

Users who are viewing this thread