Samuels issued with bowling ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
West Indies' Marlon Samuels has been suspended from bowling in international cricket because of a suspect action.

He has been told his arm straightens by more than the permitted 15 degrees when he bowls both his regular off-breaks and faster deliveries.

Independent analysis of Samuels' bowling was performed by Dr Mark King at the National Cricket Academy at Loughborough University.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/west_indies/7186180.stm

We have discuss that not long ago.He is ok with action.If Murli can Bowl then Anyone can bowl...

Poor batsmen. They lost chance to score against WI.

We have discuss that not long ago.He is ok with action.If Murli can Bowl then Anyone can bowl...

Murali's bowling arm doesn't straighten more than 15 degress when bowling any delivery, he's more than legal to bowl.

Samuel's figures from the study are unbelievable, how he's been getting away with it is beyond me; 27 degrees when bowling off-breaks, and approximately 35 degrees with his faster deliveries. That's pretty much double the specified figure when bowling his stock delivery, pretty amazing figures.

Damn chuckers.

I'll just say that if Samuels is that far over the allowed degrees, then Murili is over as well.

I really don't care what other people think or say about it. Murili is a chucker. He's anice guy and good for the game and all, but he goes over sometimes. There are others who do it too.

If you don't understand the rules of throwing/chucking in Cricket then don't comment on it.

So everything here is going by Rules.Please don't choose me every time to show your position..
People talk much nonsense here.I am not only..
Nowhere in your rules written that i must talk within limit of cricket rules.

Damn chuckers.

Murili is a chucker.

I agree with you.he is the chucker.

Last edited:
This topic was not about Murali...

I've always found Samuels a bit doubtful. Same thing with Shahid Afridi's quicker ball, although I guess they've looked into it since it must have been picked up by the media.

Not suprising at all, always looked like a throw those super quick offies.

Damn chuckers.

I'll just say that if Samuels is that far over the allowed degrees, then Murili is over as well.

I really don't care what other people think or say about it. Murili is a chucker. He's anice guy and good for the game and all, but he goes over sometimes. There are others who do it too.

Scientific proof is irrelevant, then?

Damn chuckers.

Didn't Murali get cleared AFTER research?

Been done to death a hundred times and we won't be going down the same route like we do every time. Anyone wanting to comment on Marlon Samuels ban can post in the other thread on it in the news section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread