Samuels reported to the ICC for suspect action

Ah I love Marlon what a legend. Anyway hopefully this would allow him to improve on where his real talent is, with the bat.

About time. I didn't like his action from the moment I laid eyes on him. Almost looked like a very blantant chuck.

I don't know how they'll stop him bowling one ball though. Will all umpires now have the right to no-ball him if he bowls it again (Considering he is found guilty), or will he get banned if he is found bowling it?

His quicker ball is a blatant chuck, about time he got called again.

I don't know how they'll stop him bowling one ball though. Will all umpires now have the right to no-ball him if he bowls it again (Considering he is found guilty), or will he get banned if he is found bowling it?
If it is found that the one delivery is illegal he will be given a warning that if he continues to bowl that delivery he will be reported a second time and it could result in an immediate suspension of the player from bowling in international cricket.

He can bowl a quicker ball at consistently 120kph which is pretty damn rapid.

His quicker ball is a blatant chuck,

With the naked eye (which I admit is not 100% accurate), it looks like a simple throw to me. It is not even a potential chink in the action (ala Shabbir Ahmed), he just throws it.

However, hi-motion shows that his arm is highly bent before and after the delivery, but the key would be to freeze frame at the point of delivery for definative proof.

just spotted this thread, my dad will be chuffed, hes been saying to me for a while that he has a dodgy action but to be honest ive not seen too much of his bowling!

is it a blatent chuck or one which can be said to be either way like muralis?

He can bowl a quicker ball at consistently 120kph which is pretty damn rapid.

With the naked eye (which I admit is not 100% accurate), it looks like a simple throw to me. It is not even a potential chink in the action (ala Shabbir Ahmed), he just throws it.

However, hi-motion shows that his arm is highly bent before and after the delivery, but the key would be to freeze frame at the point of delivery for definative proof.

Naked eye it looks blatant and has done for ages, since he's been called before.

Dug this up out of Cricinfo's gallery's on the SA/WI Test Series - Naked eye this look like a chuck so you can definitely see why the umpires called him -
Samuelsaction.jpg

My quote said that I agreed with you but there is little evidence of his arm being straight at release as it is bent after.

Ive seen it hit up to 128 kmph.
I'm so glad that there are people out there who've actually learnt the metric system instead of being a rebel and fighting the times. So many of my friends, even my sister, refuse to use the system of choice in Australia! /rant.

That's not a bad speed back on topic. Let's hope that this gets resolved as soon as possible. The West Indies could use a bit of illegal help anyway.

Naked eye it looks blatant and has done for ages, since he's been called before.

Dug this up out of Cricinfo's gallery's on the SA/WI Test Series - Naked eye this look like a chuck so you can definitely see why the umpires called him -
Samuelsaction.jpg

You can't tell if someone chucks from a still, not possible.

You can't tell if someone chucks from a still, not possible.

Even if he chucked im not sure batsmen would mind him bowling though. What harm can his gentle offies with odd faster one cause.

I'm gonne start crying very soon.. ICC..

He is a very useful bowler, especially in ODIs where his faster one has been difficult to get away. On slow pitches or turning tracks he has definately been a handful.

Samuelsaction.jpg

the picture tells me .. err.. nothing much?

Users who are viewing this thread