Samuels reported to the ICC for suspect action

He is a very useful bowler, especially in ODIs where his faster one has been difficult to get away. On slow pitches or turning tracks he has definately been a handful.

Yeah with Test average of 127 and ODI average of 44 he is handy for the batting side :D

not sure if he was reported a few years ago in australia but i thought i rmember him or some other west indies spinner being questioned by commentators and newspapers about there quicker ball.

But hey theres others out there that are better bowlers than him getting away with worse so nothing will be done and im pretty sure icc does not have the power to suspend them anymore.

They can only tell the teams cricket board that his action is illegal and its upto them to sort it out.
get him tested doesnt need to use quicker ball in test an then hes cleared for the rest of his life.

That's because its a visual aid, it doesn't 'tell' you anything.

The picture does not provide any source of evidence that the bowler is breaking the laws of cricket.

Correct me, but how can someone say something is wrong if he is not 100% sure in that case of "naked eye", I mean I won't be surprised if he wasn't a "chucker". they keep on having "suspects" which is buggering me.

Yeah I remember seeing a clip of him bowling in the nets a while back and I thought he had a suspect action. But since the murali incidents of late, I think there may have been a rule change on what is deemed to be chucking? Correct me if i am wrong. But none the less, his action will be checked by biomechanist's thoroughly, whilst looking closely at the rules. They will digitize his action, and analyze it with computers etc. I have done it myself to a baseball pitch. Its quite interesting. Needless to say, the baseball pitcher chucked it.

if samules can't bowl then how murli is bowling??
i don't see any problem in samules action.atleast clear then murli.

Murli uses his wrist not his arm while bowling.

Once in a mid innings show in tri series in Sri Lanka Murli bowled with a cast around his arm to prove that there is nothing wrong with his action. Actually he has a bent arm and not a normal straight arm like most people,

Murli uses his wrist not his arm while bowling.

Once in a mid innings show in tri series in Sri Lanka Murli bowled with a cast around his arm to prove that there is nothing wrong with his action. Actually he has a bent arm and not a normal straight arm like most people,

I saw a programme with Murali bowling with a cast on his bowling arm (could have ben the same one you watched)!!

I didn't think that it conclusively said either way anything about his action....but I was amazed that, 1) He managed to bowl a delivery at all..and 2) His deliveries were perfect in line and length for the wicket he bowled on.

Dodgy action or not....he is pure class.

get murali to bowl the doosra in them "tests" not his stock ball an then tell me he doesnt throw it.

Yes i agree his arm cannot straighten fully but it clearly has a massive bending an straightening when bowling the doosra of about 25deg

get murali to bowl the doosra in them "tests" not his stock ball an then tell me he doesnt throw it.

As I told earlier he uses wrist not his arm while bowling. Next time notice it and you will see Doosra is same as other stuff he bowls.

yay this has turned into a "murli chucks, no he doesnt thread", good one people.

Everytime chuking will be discussed it will not be without Murli. :)

Users who are viewing this thread