Satyamev Jayate

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
satyamev-jayate.jpg

How many of you watched the opening show? The show seems to be awesome.

Aamir Khan and the entire crew brought up the Female Foeticide issue in such a mature and proper way that even a person like me who does not generally like such shows involving social issues have become a fan of this show indeed.

What are your views on the show after watching the first episode?
To me it looks like an honest effort to try and change the thinking of the society by raising up such social issues. A brilliant show.

Satyamev Jayate Official Theme Song

----

Episode 1 (Female Foeticide)

This is what the Twitter-verse said about the show
Kiran Bedi: I would give full marks to Aamir Khan's TV Prog Satyamev Jayate, very creative, evidence based and emotionally connecting, inspiring! Thank u.

Preity Zinta: Watching Aamir Khan on Satyamev Jayate discussing female foeticide. I love this effort from him and thank him as a woman.

Dia Mirza: I always wanted something like this on TV. Thank you Aamir for stirring people(Sic).

Farhan Akhtar: Satyamev Jayate. A show with a heart.

Boman Irani: Good show Aamir.

Shabana Azmi: Aamir Khan's show can bring a revolution. Thoroughly researched, covers all aspects, touches emotional chord n forces us to reexamine ourselves.

Neha Dhupia: Watching Aamir Khan address the unreal problems of real India. I am a fan as always.

Mandira Bedi: A reality show in its truest sense. Some stirring and troubling realities of our times.. I applaud Aamir Khan.

Kabir Bedi: Aamir Khan's 1st episode of Satyamev Jayate exposes killing of baby girls, India's darkest secret. Brilliant.

Mini Mathur: Aamir Khan I am so proud of you. You have put your stature to use in the most straight and compelling way. TV has woken up to a new era.

Kabir Khan: For an hour this morning. Television stopped being the idiot box.

Maria Goretti: An hour well spent watching Satyamev Jayate. Aamir Khan take a bow, poignant issues, heartfelt and emotional content TV never felt as good.

Mitali Chatterjee: The concept of Female Foeticide...needs every voice it can get .. thank you Amir [HASHTAG]#Satyamev[/HASHTAG] Jayate.

Jaydeep Sarkar: Bravo, Aamir Khan! Thank you for not wasting the nation's time on game shows/ cultivating greed. THIS is how stardom should be used.

Dinesh Dasa: Aamir Khan is providing a best example of how stardom earned could be returned back 2 society 4 societal cause.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Waiting to watch it. Have it recorded on my DVR. Probably will watch it tonight after finishing up all my college work. This guy is a genius, no two hoots about it!:clap

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched it! Utter awesome-ness!:cheers:clap The way Aamir Khan presented the show and the way they used the women who went through the nightmare of abortions and physical tortures, hit me right where it should - at my heart!! Right now, it makes me feel the love for a female child and the longing to have one. Its a very good thing to instill such feelings in people's hearts. The stories of physical torture, and the stories of what could happen if this behavior is let to continue is truly frightening.

People from the West might probably not relate much to this show because they would not have heard of such things exist in their country. But even they could watch it to see how things can happen in this world. Aamir Khan is known to raise the standards and set new ones, and he has done it yet again! I wish this show beats the pulp out of other reality TV shows, game shows, etc (yes all those KBC's, Big Boss, Big Brother, etc) in terms of TRP's and ad revenues and hope this show sees a lot of new seasons. Television should be dominated by such shows.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I really don't care about it's TRP. It's aim is to transform India and expose all the darkness and Amir Khan has took step forward to bring out this show. We can't even compare it with other useless/crap shows. India should bring more shows like this. Zindagi Live on IBN7 had same concept but hopefully due to Amir atleast more people will know the difficulties faced by common Indians. :thumbs

Aditya

ICC Board Member
If anything, it's good to see a celebrity caring about it's country problems. The topic of the very first episode was very serious and it needed to be shown in a right way, which the show succeeded in doing. Though, the main issue here is, bringing topics to the topic and finding a solution for it are two things. It takes courage to run this kind of a show and for that, the whole Satyamev Jayate team should be appreciated but at the same time, it's important that some actions are taken to get over these issues. As the two journalists said in the show, the prime minister and the president of India, both said in their respective speeches that something will be done regarding this issue but nothing has been done. I hope that this show succeeds in not only bringing such topics to viewer's attention but also to do something to solve these issues.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Well its certainly a good initiative by Aamir to do such a show. The 'celebrity factor' certainly does come in. I appreciated a lot, when he said that he himself would write a letter to the Rajasthan Government. Large scale promotion and a perfect opener. To add, I even liked the song sung at the end of the show.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Brilliant show. Shows like this have been on television before but as some of you mentioned, it is hosted by Aamir Khan. So more people will take interest in it. Hopefully it will raise some awareness about issues that are still overlooked by government.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I really don't care about it's TRP. It's aim is to transform India and expose all the darkness and Amir Khan has took step forward to bring out this show. We can't even compare it with other useless/crap shows. India should bring more shows like this. Zindagi Live on IBN7 had same concept but hopefully due to Amir atleast more people will know the difficulties faced by common Indians. :thumbs

Dont worry about the TRP's. It should be great because the first episode has evoked so strong reactions on the social media and the regular media that people are going ga-ga over the show and what not. This coupled with the fact the issues for the next shows is being kept a suspense, I am super confident more people are going to tune into the next episode.

TRP is all the more important for this type of a show. If you want more seasons of it, TRP's are important for the channel to live off it. I dont care about TRP's for KBC or Big Boss or other reality game shows, but TRP for Satyamev Jayate has to be good. I hope its good!

----------

Brilliant show. Shows like this have been on television before but as some of you mentioned, it is hosted by Aamir Khan. So more people will take interest in it. Hopefully it will raise some awareness about issues that are still overlooked by government.

Another important thing is that, this show has much better research on the topic discussed than many other shows that have come before this. Its on a completely different level what this show is attempting.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
So Aamir Khan met the Rajasthan CM. The CM has promised him that he will talk to the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court to see if all cases against the various doctors can be clubbed together and put on speedy trial.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Abortion is allowed in certain conditions as per the law and some doctors and parents are taking advantages of the loopholes in it. Conditions for valid abortions are as follows:

1) When there is possibility of the birth of a handicapped baby.

2) When there is danger for the life of the mother due to the birth of the baby.

3) When a woman has become pregnant as a result of being r aped.

4) If the woman's age is less than 18 years.

5) If the woman becomes pregnant despite using all the family planning methods.

In the above cases, abortion is legally allowed till first 20 weeks of pregnancy. After that, whatever the situation may be, the law doesn't allow abortion in any case.

Now, lets have a look at number of abortions due to various reasons (not all are female children):

Year | Abortions 1972 |24,300
1975 |2,14,197
1980 |3,88,405
1985 |5,83,704
1990 |5,81,215
1995 |5,70,914
2000 |7,23,142
2003 |12,29,937
2007 |18,85,721
2010 |25,29,979

The figures show how bad the situation is. The figures might have increased further in 2011 and 2012 which is scary.

Interestingly, the number of girls adopted around the country (India) are more than that of boys but the overall number of adoptions is negligible when compared to the number of abortions.

Here is a look at the number of boys and girls adopted in few states of the country for the period between years 2008 and 2010:

State | Boys | Girls Maharashtra |227|536
Delhi |116|220
West Bengal |98|188
Karnataka |67|119

Unfortunately, there are some states where not even 10 children have been adopted. I hope the situation improves in the coming years...

Gurjot95

National Board President
I recommend everyone to watch Satyamev Jayate. It's definitely worth your time. Great that India has finally find some show which takes a note on social problems rather than entertainment or Saas bahu serials. You can watch any show you want but at least spare 1 hour every sunday for this show. It's previous two topics of Child Abuse and female foeticide tells whole story about how our India is still faced by problems which shouldn't be here. Clicking like on disabled human on FB won't do any good. Go outside and actually think how we can bring a change. Still can't believe we don't have law about Child abuse. KUDOS to Amir Khan for bringing out this show!

Last edited:

6ry4nj

International Coach
Not sure if you're aware, (and not saying I agree), but foeticide is considered a basic human right in the majority of countries of the world.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
@6ry4nj: But there is a difference in just foeticide and female foeticide. :)

6ry4nj

International Coach
There are certain conditions for this (eg in which mother can get harm during giving birth to child) which people are getting advantage of this.
In 50 (mostly Catholic and Muslim) countries, this is the case. In the other 100+, the conditions are far less strict.

----------

@6ry4nj: But there is a difference in just foeticide and female foeticide. :)
If it is legal to find out the sex of the foetus, and legal to then terminate the pregnancy, any law against gender-based foeticide is worthless - in fact it's a cynical sham.

Users who are viewing this thread