AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Hi. I live in Bangladesh and have been a member of this forum for almost 6 years, on and off multiple times. Currently things are absolutely horrible in Bangladesh. People are dying in the hands of police and goons deployed by the government on students, who were only protesting peacefully only for their rights. Bangladesh Civil Service exam is the most competitive exam of the country for civil service position. Recently the supreme court had announced a 56% quota reserved for special people, which included grandchildren of freedom fighters. This is massive injustice to regular people and completely against meritocracy and equality for all the people, giving special treatment to those who don't even deserve it. So it was rightful that people protested and demanded that this be overturned. But our supreme court completely ignored it. Even our prime minister referred the protestors as "rajakar" which is a term to denote people of a certain group who betrayed Bangladesh during the liberation war. This pissed the students and they started ironically chanting "tumi ke ami ke, rajakar rajakar" ("who are you and me, we are rajakar) on the night in 15th July to show their further dissatisfaction to how little the prime minister cared about their logical demands. The next day the goverment released their goons, the student faction of their party, called "chatro league" (student league) onto the peaceful student protestors, injuring 200 people. It was one of the most brutal beatdowns since a long time. After the students managed to control the student league with their unity, they deployed the police, border guard and RAB(Rapid Action Battalion) team onto the students. So far in 2 days 40+ people have martyred around the country and more than thousands injured. The whole country has now turned into a Warfield. The government and their goons the police have crossed all limits, killing even children (one 9th grade child was killed). They are so disgraceful they called the border guard out from the borders onto innocent students to "ensure their safety". I am literally shaking as I'm typing this, so many innocents have died for nothing. Students are still fighting against the armed goons and policemen for their rights and for justice. The child who was killed didn't even have any incentive in the abolishment of the quota system. I don't know what to do. I feel so pathetic and helpless.

This post is made out of impulse. I just want people around the world to be aware of what is happening in Bangladesh. If you can, please share the current atrocity happening in Bangladesh to as many people as you can. Even if you can't share please pray for a resolution. I hope something positive comes out of it.

#savebangladeshistudents

Hi. I live in Bangladesh and have been a member of this forum for almost 6 years, on and off multiple times. Currently things are absolutely horrible in Bangladesh. People are dying in the hands of police and goons deployed by the government on students, who were only protesting peacefully only for their rights. Bangladesh Civil Service exam is the most competitive exam of the country for civil service position. Recently the supreme court had announced a 56% quota reserved for special people, which included grandchildren of freedom fighters. This is massive injustice to regular people and completely against meritocracy and equality for all the people, giving special treatment to those who don't even deserve it. So it was rightful that people protested and demanded that this be overturned. But our supreme court completely ignored it. Even our prime minister referred the protestors as "rajakar" which is a term to denote people of a certain group who betrayed Bangladesh during the liberation war. This pissed the students and they started ironically chanting "tumi ke ami ke, rajakar rajakar" ("who are you and me, we are rajakar) on the night in 15th July to show their further dissatisfaction to how little the prime minister cared about their logical demands. The next day the goverment released their goons, the student faction of their party, called "chatro league" (student league) onto the peaceful student protestors, injuring 200 people. It was one of the most brutal beatdowns since a long time. After the students managed to control the student league with their unity, they deployed the police, border guard and RAB(Rapid Action Battalion) team onto the students. So far in 2 days 40+ people have martyred around the country and more than thousands injured. The whole country has now turned into a Warfield. The government and their goons the police have crossed all limits, killing even children (one 9th grade child was killed). They are so disgraceful they called the border guard out from the borders onto innocent students to "ensure their safety". I am literally shaking as I'm typing this, so many innocents have died for nothing. Students are still fighting against the armed goons and policemen for their rights and for justice. The child who was killed didn't even have any incentive in the abolishment of the quota system. I don't know what to do. I feel so pathetic and helpless.

This post is made out of impulse. I just want people around the world to be aware of what is happening in Bangladesh. If you can, please share the current atrocity happening in Bangladesh to as many people as you can. Even if you can't share please pray for a resolution. I hope something positive comes out of it.

#savebangladeshistudents

This is the first I've heard about it. I hope you and those you know are safe. Beyond that, hopefully a resolution to the situation can be found with no more bloodshed.

Sounds like abhorrent treatment of the protestors asking to rectify, what sounds like, an unjust piece of legislation.

Try to stay positive and safe.

Users who are viewing this thread