School Matches

I know this thread is rather ancient, but next year im going to U/19's. Its going to be tough with all the pace bowling, I just hope I can make the 2nd XI or maybe even the 3rd XI. But when I think back, I have never been anything lower than 'B' team, 2nd XI looks like a possibility.

Hows it going with you guys?

Going into my second season as a adult team only player next year. Training has been brought forward to February aswell, so I'm looking forward to that more than ever. :rolleyes:

Team: Gosnells Cricket Club/u14s.Won the premiership last year.
Position/ladder:2nd

Personal records:
Leading wicket taker for my team last two years.
Leding wicket taker out of all of the association last year/u14s.
Leading wicket taker for the whole club, which means I go more wickets then anyone in the 13/s, 14/s, 15/s and 17/s.

This year ive got 9 wickets so far and my club is on christmas break.
Leadin run scorer this year is a kid called Michael, Hes pretty good.
Teams won every game except 1 and its good to be on a break.

ABCA U16s
East Albury on top of ladder we play 50 over innings OD matches are 25 each

played 6 won 4 one of em was outright 1 draw because match was rained out.

were on christmas break now.
Im 2nd in overall bowling for the league with stats of
MAT 6 Overs 34 Maidens 3 Runs 92 Wickets 14 5Wi 0 10Wm 0 BestBowlingI 3/6 AVE. 6.57 STR. 14.57 ECN. 2.71

Ive been ranked the 26th best player in the league

our team has 3 of the top six players in the league

one of my team mates got a 10 fa in the match we won overall.

I havent batted yet this year :crying

Im expected to be picked in the Rep side to play country week in Janurary

What a good thread. I love reading about others experiences in cricket.

Anyway, I have started training at University before the Christmas break. Had about 3 nets so far. I am quite sharp which suprised me, as I havent had pre-season this early for a couple of seasons since I left Lancashire. I am coping with it really well. The 80+ mph bowlers can be dangerous to face in our nets with green and blue walls behindn the bowlers arm, and although they keep testing me with bouncers, I am dealing with them comfortably. I am actually a bowler though, and this hasnt gone aswel as I would of liked. After the first net I got the usual stiff arm. I also am suffering from slight ligament pain in my wrist which is worrying.

All in all I hope this will improve in the coming weeks. Back to practise as of next week. I should make the team in February, but I guess time will tell.

Vice-captain of the mens team back at home this year, so looking forward to a succesful season.

Our Team Souths Juniors isnt that great weve won about 2/7 and 1 draw

And Our Rep Team South Eastern Lost Our First Three Matches

Personally My Highest Score Is 170* and i have the record for most runs in the competition 898 last year ihavent scored a century yet this year but i got 2 last year with scores of 170*, 156, 133 and 106 i also got out in the ninties for 94

Best Bowling is 7/34 last year but ive only had 2 five-fors

Last edited:
Flitwick Cricket Club! I only played one game I'm quite rubbish, I only got 1 run which was a lucky edge, I was clean bowled middle stump soon after!
Flitwick U13's v Hexton U13's
58-4 59-0
16 overs 12 overs

It was only a friendly, there was this one guy called Rishi and he kept defending it, it was sooo funny. My friend Sam who was batting with Rishi hit it, it went past the fielder and then Sam shouted "RUN RISHI RUN!", hilarious :rtfl!

Hmm... Hondeyho wrong score ;)

We scored 50-7 (I was in at number 10 :mad)
And the scored 51-1. We lost because Hondeyho batted slowly.

It was Rishi's fault Drewska! Drewska got really annoyed because Rishi wasn't getting out and he was in next! He never got to bat :(

Users who are viewing this thread